The Corroboree
Horus

Aya Awakenings

A symbolic flower. Something more commonly available, like a Brug. Someone stands outside the door and hands them out, even, when the secret password (SAB) is whispered in their ear.

• Like 2

Yeah a good night out, a lot of familiar faces and friends.

You always have a special connection once you have a brew with somebody in circle.

Seeing somebody you met for one night a year ago,and they are like an old friend.

Certainly another aspect of aya that could be part of the brew.

I would have loved a free drink for everytime somebody asked me if I know or have seen Whitewind

some had gifts for you.

I hope you met some somebody dude.

We totally need sab ID or something for these public gigs.

• Like 2

Yeah a good night out, a lot of familiar faces and friends.

You always have a special connection once you have a brew with somebody in circle.

Seeing somebody you met for one night a year ago,and they are like an old friend.

Certainly another aspect of aya that could be part of the brew.

I would have loved a free drink for everytime somebody asked me if I know or have seen Whitewind

some had gifts for you.

I hope you met some somebody dude.

We totally need sab ID or something for these public gigs.

There is always time, I totally missed everyone excepts d00d, was about to write up a sign with SAB written on it but was having the urge to run outside for a smoke and fresh air. I'm not good in crowds.

• Like 1

I vote we make up an official forum patch or badge :) I wish I checked my phone and this thread to read the descriptions of members!

It was a lot busier than I expected, this and my almost immense hatred of large crowds led me to spend most of my time downstairs in between the movie and talks! But it was a very enjoyable night out regardless and I'm pretty much stoked just to see such a huge turn out for this sorta thing!

Just got my ticket for the Byron screening on 14 March.

Anyone else going?

A symbolic flower. Something more commonly available, like a Brug. Someone stands outside the door and hands them out, even, when the secret password (SAB) is whispered in their ear.

secret handshake!

my wife and i went to the first screening in melb and were totally overwhelmed - yep overwhelmed. We didn't know where to look or who to speak to - many people seemed to know many people and were busily arranging this or that or exchanging stories of their latest adventures. There were obvious cliques operating, groups that had arranged beforehand to meet up and the complete randoms - just like us..................maybe it was all down to our own visions because of what we had ingested prior to the awkward holding pattern in the voyer before the screening. I mean the energy was totally amped. Faaaarrkk, i recognized Ronny infront of the ega stand and also remember seeing folias (wearing a vivid lime green cap - i remember his face from one of his presentations) but yeah, couldn't make out head from tale.

It would be nice to see and instantly lock with a fellow sab member at these types of gatherings because the variation in humans is quite great huh?

The screening was thought provoking (to say the least) my wife and i still have varying accounts of what we were watching and how we interpreted Rak's movie.

• Like 2

my wife and i went to the first screening in melb and were totally overwhelmed - yep overwhelmed. We didn't know where to look or who to speak to - many people seemed to know many people and were busily arranging this or that or exchanging stories of their latest adventures. There were obvious cliques operating, groups that had arranged beforehand to meet up and the complete randoms - just like us..................maybe it was all down to our own visions because of what we had ingested prior to the awkward holding pattern in the voyer before the screening. I mean the energy was totally amped. Faaaarrkk, i recognized Ronny infront of the ega stand and also remember seeing folias (wearing a vivid lime green cap - i remember his face from one of his presentations) but yeah, couldn't make out head from tale.

It would be nice to see and instantly lock with a fellow sab member at these types of gatherings because the variation in humans is quite great huh?

The screening was thought provoking (to say the least) my wife and i still have varying accounts of what we were watching and how we interpreted Rak's movie.

Sounded really nice mate.

Secret handshakes are no good, how do you try that in a room full of people? You'd probably end up as a mason. Likewise, toilet meets with "show us yer nob" is probably code for "I'm gay can we get it on", and it's a bit iffy when meeting the opposite sex too..

An entheogenic flower in ones lapel, real or otherwise, of any type, is my preference. Girls can have them in their hair if they like. It might catch on as a fad, but it'll give us a few meetings grace at least.

• Like 1

T shirts !!!

S.A.B

Connecting Australia ethnobotanically since 1999

is it 1999?

Edited by mr b.caapi

a flower of significance in the hair is soooooooooooo my style :)

but the tshisrt is also cool because the hipsters amung us can feel free and expressive and etc...what pattern on the t.

what's the pattern mr c? do you have an idea for a tshirt mang?

the thing is, were all so coool. A flower in your lapel or hair will quickly catch on as a fashion, then we're in the same position looking at each other guessing, but now with flowers

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios

Anyone from here going to the Brisbane event?

At EGA I put a peice of paper on my backpack that said my nickname and the forum name, took me over a day of walking around and asking people to find some of the coroboree people though. I thought doing something like that would be as obvious as it gets, i'd hate to see how long it would've taken me to connect if i wore a flower.

• Like 1

Choose a better forum name, "John Evans, Distracted" probably made people think you were a bit odd.

Perhaps.

^^ Sorry Distracted, I actually like your forum name, I just thought it might look odd on a piece of paper is all!

enough

Edited by whitewind

Anyone from here going to the Brisbane event?

Yeah I'll be there with a bit of a mob

Choose a better forum name, "John Evans, Distracted" probably made people think you were a bit odd.

Perhaps.

It was more like

"SAB

The Coroboree

'Distracted'"

It eventually worked, just took a bit longer than i thought it would.

Edited by Distracted

That's pretty interesting, I often feel a bit overwhelmed at the sheer number of people at events and it can be quite difficult making contact if you don't know anyone. I thought about putting up a sign at a table and waiting for people to pop by but I didn't have any paper

Edited by whitewind