The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

how fast can you type?

I had a dickhead teacher who would make me re-do typing tests because he said I was doing it wrong, even though I beat everyone else who was doing the exercise. Apparently my hands were in the wrong place.

I also had a university lecturer who'd come and spy on my laptop screen during classes because I'd be typing fast as fuck on my keyboard taking notes. My penmanship is terrible but I can touch type really well. I would not have had to do this if he put the fucking information online but he refused to do it because he said students should be coming to class. The university also likes advertising that is has all of this modern lecture recording equipment but none of my lecturers ever used it.

• Like 2

Yea, I never learnt to touch type properly either. But meh, I'm happy with my typing speed and really don't give a shit.

I'm shocked at how many fast typists we have on here. Most people I know can only type at about 35-40 wpm.

My girlfriend types at about 90wpm, and it annoys the hell out of me because she doesn't know where half the keys are, and doesn't use 'correct' finger placement, and can still usually beat me in a typing test. She types well over 100wpm most of the time but then has to look for the punctuation on the keyboard and the overall speed drops significantly if she's typing out a whole paragraph.

I've used computers since I can remember so I had plenty of practice. I wish I could've used a keyboard when doing tests and exams throughout my school life because I would've been able to use my time a lot better since my penmanship is not so good and I get a sore wrist. Another thing that was bullshit was when teachers used to make us write a hand written draft of an essay before submitting a typed copy so they knew we weren't copying or submitting someone else's work. WTF!

• Like 2

First try. Have done better, can't remember my record, but I'll have another go after a coffee. Just finished work.

TI I challenge you officially.

post-9652-0-62439700-1357639960_thumb.pn

post-9652-0-62439700-1357639960_thumb.png

post-9652-0-62439700-1357639960_thumb.png

• Like 3

I am probably the slowest typer here. I am not only a two finger banger I cant spell for shit so I have to spell check just about every thing I type :unsure:

Posting on here has increased my typing speed and my spelling has improved as well so its all good :)

Cheers

Got

i do the two finger banger TOO sum times tha three finger banger i love when the kidz go to bed early LOL

• Like 1

since it's officially on, let it be clear that the accuracy rating doesn't matter. since it makes you fix mistakes your true accuracy rating is always 100%.

post-3543-0-42701400-1357727979_thumb.pn

128.21.png

128.21.png

• Like 4

I'm curious how many of you guys who are getting 120wpm+ are managing this on a rubber dome keyboard.

probably all of us, if that's a normal keyboard. i like my ancient IBM keyboard, thinking about it i don't think the keys are slowing me down much since lower case words are more like 150wpm. i seem to choose the wrong shift key (on the same hand as the capital letter) more than 50% of the time.

I use one of these bad boys. It's great for getting rid of RSI. It would also stop people from using my workspace/computer at previous workplaces. They'd try using the keyboard and then shout obscenities and rage quit because it was too hard for them to use. It was funny to watch. I also use Evoluent vertical mice (as seen below) and this would add to the rage.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/_base_v1/products/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/mk_nek4000_large.jpg

http://www.evoluent.com/vm3_med.jpg

cool migraineur! how much where they?

probably all of us, if that's a normal keyboard. i like my ancient IBM keyboard, thinking about it i don't think the keys are slowing me down much since lower case words are more like 150wpm. i seem to choose the wrong shift key (on the same hand as the capital letter) more than 50% of the time.

The old IBM keyboards use buckling spring switches. Anything that has switches instead of rubber domes will increase your speed. They're making some pretty trendy keyboards with switches now. I think the popularity is rising as many people are sick of the cheap design of even most of the expensive gaming keyboards. I saw a Razer keyboard at JB recently with cherry mx blue switches in it.

i don't think mine is, ancient was probably far too strong a word but i do have vague memories of preferring certain keyboard at school or whatever, or going into job interviews and conducting a typing test on keyboards that were either great or terrible.

you've roused my interest. can't see myself ever paying money for a keyboard again but i'll keep an eye open for mechanical keyboards.

cool migraineur! how much where they?

I forget, man. It's well worth the investment though. It beats dealing with pain and then having to deal with permanent injury, surgery for carpel tunnel syndrome etc. The keyboards can be bought cheaply enough but the Evoluent mice can be pretty pricey. There are different models though and you can get them so much cheaper if you order them online from the United States. Don't bother buying that mouse locally. I got mine from Ebay.

I own two of those keyboards and a few of those mice. I use them at home and at work. If your workplace won't buy you an ergonomic keyboard then buy your own gear and claim it on tax. It also means you can take it to future places of employment. If you're studying you could probably do the same.

• Like 1

TI I see yours and raise.

post-9652-0-43869100-1357773227_thumb.pn

post-9652-0-43869100-1357773227_thumb.png

post-9652-0-43869100-1357773227_thumb.png

• Like 2

Stop trying, you'll only hurt yourself ;)

post-9652-0-13229400-1357815035_thumb.pn

post-9652-0-13229400-1357815035_thumb.png

post-9652-0-13229400-1357815035_thumb.png

• Like 1

Now I have to eat my words...

*slowly shakes head at TI,

:P

• Like 2

Im not sure how to 'take a picture' but..

I got...

......16.35!

Can you imagine how long I spend typing?

spacer.gif

Edited by MikeyMagic
  • Like 1

Now I have to eat my words...

*slowly shakes head at TI,

:P

have a bit of faith in old TI. i haven't even employed a doping strategy yet, ( i know right? ) or tested my other keyboards for worthiness, or tracked down a mechanical keyboard, or bribed khala to let me win.

• Like 2

.03 isn't much but it keeps the rivalry going :)

i wouldn't mind switching to a better game, but i don't want to try finding it.

post-3543-0-20962300-1357866781_thumb.pn

135.25.png

135.25.png

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

Maybe we could make a thread about online games where we can challenge each other?

• Like 1