The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spice-of-life

The Project - Should cannabis be legalized

Hey guys, just giving you's the heads up that the project(channel 10) will be airing a segment tonight relating to whether cannabis should be legalized. It's on channel 10 tonight at 6:00pm NSW time or 7:00pm QLD time. There is also a poll if anyone is keen.

Australia really needs this especially considering the proposed federal model scheduling system.

Edited by spice-of-life
  • Like 6

legalize marijuana? are you mad? amagine for a moment the drop in spraypaint sales as kids would no longer need to sniff it for a small lift in their mood. imagine the drop in sales of pharmasuticles that dont work in lue of this plant that does. on top of that, imagine if you will, how many people would no longer even smoke it because now its legal and lost most of it's "fun" this brings the government no money! thanks though =)

• Like 5

in saying that though, it's worth noting that if legal, i doubt id grow it as i think it is a very ugly plant!

• Like 1

Maaaan! They've been promising that one since Cab Calloway was still a shoe shine kid. I've long given up.

Fact is they are just waiting for me to die so they commemorate by making it legal...

Edited by Pat Uri

Link to the video segment:

http://theprojecttv.com.au/video.htm?movideo_p=39696&movideo_m=250138'>http://theprojecttv.com.au/video.htm?movideo_p=39696&movideo_m=250138 (segment #3)

And the poll:

http://theprojecttv.com.au/

The poll is on the main page on the left not far from the bottom.

And if it were legal I wouldn't grow it either as i would get my two 30g pouches of bud and my two 30g pouches of baccy at the same time. On the same token I have to disagree as I find Mary to be a beautiful looking girl :)

• Like 4

yeah, to each their own =) it would be something id buy when i get a cold or some such, thats for sure.perhaps even get some if i went camping etc. but i cant honestly see the legalization of it changing much about my life.

imagine all that money they could make from taxing it

• Like 1

The people who voted no are probably commercial growers

Have you thought about all the drug dealers that would have to get real jobs. Oh the humanity.

• Like 6

in saying that though, it's worth noting that if legal, i doubt id grow it as i think it is a very ugly plant!

Really? I think its a beautiful plant to have the pleasure of watching grow! Oh how I wish I could a nice little field of green to frolick in.

Forgive this pedantic old dolt - but it isn't Cannabis that is illegal, or rather unlawful. Hemp is okay (in fact the word "canvas" is derived from cannabis and the British fought the Crimean war to secure cannabis supply for their Navy) - and for ages there was a wild patch growing just outside Rockhampton. You can grow it, lawfully, if you have the licenses. You'll even find it in the Japanese 7 spice - shichimi.

Marijhauna - what used to be called "Indian Hemp" when authorities thought they knew what they were talking about - is illegal. This is now defined by its potential THC content, remembering it is only in certain stages of its development it produces cannabinoids, then only if it has roots (tissue cultures don't) and the living plant has very little THC C21H30O2 but rather the carboxylic acid C22H32O4!

But the Law is the Law - and that is that.

(suppose you all knew this anyway)

Edited by Pat Uri

better add "carboxylic acid" to the precurser list then!

• Like 1

Have you thought about all the drug dealers that would have to get real jobs. Oh the humanity.

What about the police officers who'll have to buy their own?

• Like 4

Rural magistrate's court will lose three quarters of its revenue!

Australian Mining Companies will have to source all their labour from overseas!

(Ooops! Sorry, they do that anyway.)

• Like 2

electrical/white goods stores will all go out of business

• Like 1

Rural magistrate's court will lose three quarters of its revenue!

yeah, untill the tax money comes rolling in, by the truckload...

Sir Richard Branson won't be "cool" any more!

Mind you anything that wipes the stoned smile off that smug billionaire's face has got to be a plus.

Edited by Pat Uri

yeah, untill the tax money comes rolling in, by the truckload...

I ain't paying tax on something that grows in my front yard! Oh - sorry that's tobacco I'm thinking of. Oh - mistake again - it's mangoes.

Mangoes, yes, that's right.

Edited by Pat Uri
  • Like 3

i dont smoke tobacco anymore. i have found much more joy in smoking the crap man add's to it. MMmm. might go have a nice big puff on some potassium nitrate!

• Like 1

what about free basing acetone thats where the flavour is

i think it will be legalised but there are still too many 1950's type traditionalists types still running lifes ruling classes, i think even myself born in the 70's and even the 80's born generations are still hardwired to the traditional hardline side of life handed on to us unwittingly in a brainwashing type way from our parents and grandparents and its going to take a while to wash that away, i think the kids of today who get everything almost their way like having a million facebook friends, never ever heard of a thing called the cane at school, grown up in time out and 4 big screen tv's and xboxs and still bored, will get their own way in later life too. simply i think it wont happen for a good 10- 20 years at minimum, unlike america, Australia is way to repressed to think of legalising pot, we will probably go through a last hurrah of law enforcement hardlining before they finally change tact, kinda like the last charge before the inevitable surrender.

so if theoretically pot is legalised tomorrow, what would be the probable workforce drug testing regime? ie as alcohol is legal most workplaces will enforce a 0.02% bac as the working testing level. i assume this is because its legal and not hugely dangerous. however will the same apply for MJ. when going through inductions in todays companies new employees are subject to the fact that any drugs in the system will result in termination (probable) and i have watched them pull out the medical facts that MJ half life and the elimination of MJ being months and this is why it is so dangerous. what they are saying is that you are still under the influence of mind bending drugs and are dangerous to the workplace up to 77 days later having consumed 1 joint on a weekend. they have doctors and medical advice to back this up too. i know and you probably know there is a science base to this but in real life it is not true, really have you ever known one person who was unsafe to perform menial duties 3 weeks later after a party having consumed pot.......really. But there is sweet FA you can do or say because the company makes its own rules and we need money to survive, a shocking catch 22 that the very companies we need to earn from are the ones that keep us alive, we support and contribute to our own persecution.

anyway enough of that onto my point. does that mean if pot is legalised that being urine tested a week later will allow pot users off the hook, will cutoff limits reflect the legalisation of pot because wouldnt the legalisation open up all kinds of loopholes within the drug testing parameters. im only going on what i see within the prescription legal drugs and alcohol limits at workplaces and roadside drug testing ie if you are adhd and on stimulant meds your more than welcome to work at dangerous or simple workplaces so long as you can prove its all legit, in that regard if pot is legalised is it not somewhat legitimate?

• Like 1

"what about free basing acetone thats where the flavour is" LOL BigRed =) well, suck me dry and call me dusty, thats it!! will try that for sure.

on that note BigRed, a chemsitry question. is the best way to do that, to slowly add strong hydrogen peroxide to acetone while stirring and keeping the solution VERY cold? hahhahha. jokes..

• Like 1