The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gwydion

Torsten, matés and bombillas

Hey Torsten,

any news on the maté and bombilla front yet? Have you managed to get that lot you were talking about from Argentina.

Or do I try and bring back as many as possible? biggrin.gif

(Back to the maté- sluuuurp!)

Thanks for the reminder, looking out the window at the moment and seeing the tree that I planted two years prior, time to harvest a few leaves to get me through the pergola I am starting tommorow, any chance of including an extra Bombilla?, aaaahhhhhhhh mat'e on a Summers day, what could be grander. There are interesting references in the Motorcycly Diaries by Ernesto Lynch (Che Guevara) for those interested.

My first shipment of mates has not arrived yet, however there are a couple of boxes sitting at the P.O. waiting to be picked up. Won't get around to it till wednesday. I am pretty sure that it is them smile.gif

Rockin! Let the conversion begin!

Starbucks beware; mate is here (well, there). Actually, it´s here too.

¿¿¿ERNESTO LYNCH??? Pleeeuz. What about "de la Serna", too?

I´d watch it. In "Before the Dawn", Gerry Adams´ autobiography, Mr. Sinn Fein makes mention of the first time the catholic youths in Belfast tried to make molotov cocktails- by following Che´s "Guerrilla Warfare" instructions. They chucked the first one overarm against a brick wall- but it just bounced. Dismayed, they started to disparaged El Che, and tried again- underarm.

Booom!!!

"Good old Guevara was right after all!"

"Of course he was- he was part Irish, after all"

"He never was"

"I swear. His grandmother was from Cork"

And she was; which puts a whole new slant on the international actions of the IRA. tongue.gif

Where was I, oh yeah.

After turning my nose at the wooden mates on sale in La Paz, imagine my wonder to discover real ones for sale in the supermarket in Chiclayo (no yerba or bombillas, just mates confused.gif

Of course, I bought one. biggrin.gif

It´s going to be SOOOOO much easier asking for only hot water in restaurants, rather than hot water in a teapot (which they never have) AND a cup. You wouldn´t believe how confused the poor dears get. I can´t imagine how Che managed, carrying mate all around S. america (actually, I don´t need to- and from now on, I´m carrying the stuff everywhere).

Originally posted by Torsten:

My first shipment of mates has not arrived yet, however there are a couple of boxes sitting at the P.O. waiting to be picked up. Won't get around to it till wednesday. I am pretty sure that it is them   smile.gif

Does that mean that you're going to be selling mate pretty soon?

there are only a few in the first lot, but YES, I intend to sell the full selection of mate gear, including all admixture herbs.

"Starbucks beware; mate is here"

Dont worry, if it gets really popular and there is a steady source of drastically substandard mate starbucks will start selling it.

What's this whole mate thing about? I've heard ppl raving on about it for years but a tea made from my own Ilex ( since departed RIP ) was kinda uninteresting. I'm missing something obviously- is it the taste, effects or something else?

I have the feeling that mate ceremonies will become my new party trick.

I'll practice on you as soon as I get a chance wink.gif

Uh oh... here we go again wink.gif

But DL, it`s REALLY good.

Just try it.

Hey, psssssst. Wanna maté little girl?

i found mate,stimulant like tea and coffee but with an added other stimulant effect.

good for clear thought.but also good for the digestion and helps rather than hinders a good night sleep.nice flavour though some find it bitter.

what admixture herbs are used?

now i'm thinking of trying some of my youpon[vomitoria],dont suppose anyone knows a dosage?

t s t .

there is a lemon scented Lippia for example, which is my favourite. It is even nice by itself.