The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
VINS

every one knonw that one day.... but fuck

hello all,

sorry for the little interest of this topic but i just need to cry my pain !!!

a fucking unknow people catch all my plants and go with.

they were at last stage and now it is the winter....

it is really deshonnest to take the plant who are not yours!!!

it is not the first time it happened but this time they took all and now i have nothing.

for sure this kind of people are everywhere in the world, so be carrefull or buy a dog!

Ciao

That's a shocker VIN'S, how the hell ppl can justify that sort of behaviour to themselves amazes me.

Best of luck getting your collection restarted- you won't let that stop you will you?

that is heart wrenching!

Can you post a list here of what you lost and I am sure many people will send you stuff to replace your collection.

Guest reville

Ill do what i can.

I swear im going to get myself a couple of big dogs when i get my own place.

Or perhaps if its tropical enough - a fence line of those giant stinging trees from north Qld

As it is im thinking of putting Screaming pig Cholla's outside my windows to give any burglars a nasty nasty suprise smile.gif

Ive found Opuntia imbricata and O fulgida which is pretty nasty biggrin.gif they jump up at you and have barbed spines you cant remove without tearing out a chunk of flesh

Guest Thelema

the essence of shamanhood has always included secrecy.

im willing to bet that the people who stole your plant either know you, or know someone who knows you.

oh, what you said is horrible telema ! i prefer not to think that a friend is able to do that.

but maybe you are true and i will now try to keep all locations secret.

thanks Rev, Torsten and all but i have now to wait for next year before replacing the plants.

There is a specialty item out there that can help. Its a sprinkler triggered by a motion detector. It was invented to keep critters out, but it has gained a reputation as a theif deterent. If you go to extremes to keep theives out be careful, they fight back. I heard one story where someones watermelons were being stolen, so the gardener put up a sign 'danger one melon is poisoned' In the morning someone had changed it to 'danger two melons are poisoned!'. I think a dog is best, or you could do what shamen do- plant them in several secret locations DEEP in the wilderness. Personally I have a dog to keep the pepper poachers away (pepperspray too, for that sense of poetic justice). Whatever you do, dont set dangerous traps. Theives can have you sent you to jail for setting traps aimed at theives.

hy Auxin,

i will not put trap or any other things.

i just want to garden in peace.

but i have a little story:

i was using the wild to grow my plant and one day, during a visit to the plant (watering) i found a word inscription at the begining of the wild road who said "danger, place is protected by explosif".

i didn't know if it was serious and used the river-way to go to my plant.

there i found a big trap for wolf or bears !!!

i put it away, wrote "present" on the young plant and never go there again.

some people are really seally !! and the joke is that the protected plant were mine first !

in conclusion it is important to find secret location, but in a garden or in the wild, it is the same thing for gangsters.

that gives me that sick feeling in my guts.

i hope you'll be ok.

i think it helps at a time like this to believe in that mysterious force 'THEY' call 'KARMA'.

but then looking at it this way, what have you done vin? hmmmm? wink.gif

theres always something to be learned.

maybe its just a lesson.

how about this....your plant collection in the future will be much bigger and better.

it will need to be living in secret.

or maybe try growing shrooms smile.gif

try not to think about it too much.

but i know,it hurts.

hope this helped a little.

remember all 'learn from the chameleon' wink.gif

perhaps the only comfort you can find is that when they consume ur plants, the thieves will have the insight they need to realise what assholes they were to do that to u and it helps them become better people for it.

just remember that nothing is without its positives.

I agree with thelema. These things are usually done by 'friends', or their friends. We've had a few such examples on these forums. usually it is only a chopped cactus or a single plant. To steal your whole collection they must have known a lot about it.

Stealing psychedelics is never a good idea as the trip is likely to turn bad. They might learn their lesson.

Guest reville

Ive never had any of my stuff nicked, i think partly due to sending anyone i show my collection to home with most of what theyd want anyway smile.gif

Good thing about plants is that they multiply so everyone get one.

I have to admit i have stolen a plant once (hope they're not reading this wink.gif )The neighbours down the road moved out and a new bunch moved in. I had been walking past this small T scop for about 2 years now growing in shity sand and getting more and more yellow.

One night i decded to liberate it so i went for a walk with a knife and sliced off the top (its was like 30cm). Its now got roots, turned green again and put on an extra 30% growth. I intend to slice it up for propagating material when i leave the current address.

I guess i justify that sometimes 'Theft' is more like 'Rescue'. Most times i just go and ask but these neighbours are kinda unsavoury.

you are all really POSITIVE people !

thanks again for your comfort.

huummm, ...

but for again one day or two i fuck the stoller !ah, ah !!!

Guest reville

Remember the fable about the fox and the larder in the tree?

The fox goes in and eats so much he cant get out again.

Maybe the answer to this sly fox is to feed him/her a gluttonous diet of all manner of hallucinogens for a whole week, interchanging to avoid tolerance.

Or maybe in combo with a device/substance causing pain in the form of intense itching, migraine or harsh nausea to condition (with flash Pictures of all plants in your collection) the fox to physical discomfort on sight of plants

Seen 'a Clockwork Orange'? just like that

extreme but effective i bet.An extreme treatment held in reserve for the most heinous of ethnobotanical criminals.

Maybe turn them into your gardening Zombie to regrow your collection and clean your house.

feeding them a datura mix every day to keep them under your control.