The Corroboree
watertrade

Trichocereus Pachanoi - what is a fair price?

Inadvertently, of course...

Personally, I sell grafts on a stock/loph combined price, not by the size of the loph only...I've not been told my prices are too steep, so I think I'm around the mark... I've been told that some were a bargain, which is even better :-)

• Like 1

WT thanks for the buttons, packaged well. :)

With lophs i think it depends on if it's a degraft/seed grown or grafts. Heaps out there now so i think prices have dropped a fair bit.

Still a huge market for lophs as they are awesome plants.

Setting a consensus benchmark here, huh, wt? Lol

to be honest I'm just looking to get some reassurance I'm not ripping people off. once a plant gets to a certain size and you have a few plants the price gets expensive - more than I can afford anyway. I just feel bad asking for xx dollars when I knows its a lot of money to people ( me included )

setting a fixed price is kind of pointless anyway - there are way too many factors, ie. condition/ age/ location/ season etc to set a fixed price. there are people I know selling plants very similar to mine for less and more than what I sell them for. I figure this is fair as they are selling their plants which are different to mine.

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 1

I broke them up today - and as expected - the plants when not in their sexy pot don't look half as good.

interestingly a spider had made a little nest around the base of one of the plants and it is almost completely white where it was.

IMG_1017_zpsa9f3e480.jpg

Just as a matter of interest, have you worked out a total value for these babies at $1 per cm? I'm quite curious what a 300mm pot can be worth, you've got 24 plants there ranging from really sweet to a bit small. I'm guessing that the smaller plants may go for a bit less, so it's a theoretical $ value - how does it match up to the $250-$300 for the lot?

It's quite interesting having price discussions so open, I'm shocking at guessing a $value on things and tend to underprice to avoid upsetting people!

Gah! Such a shame to see them sent off to foster families, such a happy looking family initially.... :(

I'd go $1 a cm and err on the side of the customer. Thats my general rule selling cacti and never had a complaint. WT I'd put whatever u think they r worth on them. Growing plants ain't cheap. Seed+soil+fert+time watering and caring+price of pot+time packing and posting= u can charge whatever u want, doesn't mean someone will pay it. They are healthy as man so I wouldn't rip yourself off first and foremost.

• Like 1

WT- Lucky you live where you do, on this side of the pond, top dollar for pc pach averages $5-$7 per 30cm.

Here you'd be lucky if you got $100 for the whole lot.

I used to sell fat tops & centers on flea bay, 150cm for $25 & struggle to find buyers.