The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

Legal Weed: Is it really legal?

Torsten, is there anywhere I could possibly send a sml sample of my local blend to be tested? It's most definitely a cannabinoid full agonist at the cb1 maybe it might be a weak agonist at the cb2 or quite possibly contain a cb2 antagonist. It's all head this stuff.. but my body does feel a little sedated I guess. Very euphoric.. and short lived. Therefore making it a highly addictive blend.

It's not actually sold anywhere else apart from the one shop near my house. The retailer has also received it before when it was still wet with acetone so someone local is ordering his own compound and making it. Kinda reminds me of high purity RCS-4.

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

to test for one compound in a blend it costs about $200 if you have a sample of that compound in pure form as a reference. There are now over 50 compounds used in commercial blends, so you would need to test for each one - if the lab hasn't doen such tests before. My lab has only done about 15 compounds, so you'd still need to the other 35 to have any kind of certainty. and even then it only covers the 50 known ones. There could be new ones. There could be compounds that are not cannabinoids [eg MDPV]. They all cost extra.

It's worth it for a business to spend $5000- 10,000 on testing as that's the minimum a solicitor will cost if they get it wrong, but it is not worth it for individuals..

Aw ok fair enough mate! I would hate to come across any blends with mdpv in them as that most certainly does not mix well with cannabinoids.. Gives you massive fight or flight and is usually followed by a panic/anxiety attack.

most of the trippy blends I'm sure will prove to contain 5-meo DALT

5-meo DALT is not really trippy, more of a mood lifter.

Would endocannabinoid analogues be illegal under the blanket ban?

Thelema - is that just a hunch or do you have any knowledge of this? we have never come across any tryptamines in our analyses. 5meO-Dalt appears to be legal in WA [and maybe Vic], but not in other states. It is also a prohibited import.

bushturkey - the TGA ruling is specifically about SYNTHETIC cannabinoid agonists.

I've actually seen that paper before, but never noticed the 5MeO-Dalt in it.

Mind you, this summary makes me wonder what the hell they tested. In early 2011 there would have been no need to use odd chemicals in 'incense' in the USA, except for in some states which were early with their legislation. You really have to wonder if they got out of 175 samples a whopping 49 that contained 5MeO-Dalt, which according to them also contained cannabinoids [ie not just a scam to get aroudn the cannabinoid laws].

As of 2/14/11: 175 samples tested

28 samples contained no cannabinoids, but contained some other drug

3 samples were negative

49 contained 5-MeO-DALT in addition to multiple cannabinoids

31 contained only a single cannabinoid(either JWH-018, JWH-250 or CP47,497(C8))

I am also highly suspsicious of any scientific paper on synthetic cannabinoid agonists where the author does not comprehend the difference between cannabinoids and non-cannabinoid cannabinoid agonists.

• Like 1

what i mean is if a "chemical" which does not target the cb receptors breaks down into something else that releases endocannabinoids this would be legal??

like WWL70 breaks down into 2ag, 2age

Edited by Bush Turkey

yep. good luck trying to get those chemicals at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

i dont want them. I just want to know what is being used in the blends and whether its legal

holy crap your not wrong. 40 pound for 1mg is crazy

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

I reckon your onto something BT :)

Code black is the one I was talking about a few posts ago - I had half a cone of that and the same thing happened (paranoia, fear of 'going too far', difficulty moving etc). Whatever is in that is BAD, and some of my friends are showing signs of dependence too. Not seriously bad, but things like using it to get to sleep which can lead to worse dependence.

i just heard some pretty disturbing shit about this stuff from a friend of mine

and sounds exacty the same as wat your saying he recons he was getting addicted to it

and was telling me how it would often feel like half of his body was paralised

he was buying it from a shop in W.A. and telling me how theres even a company that delivers the stuff to your door NO JOKE

aparantly they have a small shop and they have a bunch of delivery drivers and you can just ring up and they deliver it like fucken dominoes

i wont bother going into any more about wat he said but damn that stuff sounded really really bad

people need to stay away from this shit bad news

i dont know why anyone would have the desire to go and smoke it its all illeagal now anyway you may aswell just go smoke pot

i dont know why anyone would have the desire to go and smoke it its all illeagal now anyway you may aswell just go smoke pot

Unless you are on drug testing for work, jail release etc etc. My town is a 'Jail-Release Town' so the local shop that sells it makes a killing, as stated above always someone in there buying it. I have pondered whether i should try the blends for curiosities sake, though now i am kind of glad that i haven't. I am really starting to get scared for when my kids are in their teens. This is only the tip of the iceberg and the chems are getting steadily more nasty. Cant buy anything without having to wonder if you are going to wind up dead by the end of your experience.

• Like 1

I can' believe how much they cost - for around they same money one can buy the real thing . The vendors are truly exploiting the people who urine tested at work , which also sucks and has to be an invasion of one's privacy , imo .

i just heard some pretty disturbing shit about this stuff from a friend of mine

and sounds exacty the same as wat your saying he recons he was getting addicted to it

and was telling me how it would often feel like half of his body was paralised

he was buying it from a shop in W.A. and telling me how theres even a company that delivers the stuff to your door NO JOKE

aparantly they have a small shop and they have a bunch of delivery drivers and you can just ring up and they deliver it like fucken dominoes

i wont bother going into any more about wat he said but damn that stuff sounded really really bad

people need to stay away from this shit bad news

Yes your spot on dude. The shop where I buy this local blend called Noah, does deliveries within the local area.

Well.. that's the main reason I started this thread dude.. is because from what BT has found, the blends may be getting around the law using non-cannabinoid FAAH compounds. Therefore basically making them legal to buy, sell and possess.

did u read any of T's posts dude? :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by naja naja

Lofty, please read post #13. This is based on industry knowledge and confirmed by multiple analyses.

as for the original spice, it was simply JWH018. The various other agents were there to mask and 'explain' the activity. It contained oleamide for example, which is know to be a CB agonist, but the quantity in it was not sufficient to have any effect, nor does oleamide survive smoking, nor does it actually have a stoning effect [it's a knock out drug with no other sensation].

There is no known combination of MAGL and FAAH inhibitors that actually works to any 'nice' degree. They are just being used as a smokescreen because evidently people still fall for the same BS 8 years later.

My friends have now analysed more than 20 of the supposed legal mixes [the actual mixes from the overseas manufacturer, not the repackaged/rebranded australian products] and none of them were free of CB agonists and hence all are illegal. Several of them did contain FAAH inhibitors, but only for masking or increase of effect [amounts were not enough to contribute substantially].

I see this industry not dissimilar to the hippie claims of 500 microgram blotters. There are people who actually analysed the stuff and KNOW whats on them and then there are people who speculate and/or believe the promotional BS. So far EVERY claim made in regards to the smoking mixes has been shown to be false. First it was 'no synthetics', then it was 'oleamide only', then it was that NZ lichen, then FAAH inhibitors, now MAGL inhibitors. All of them were/are lies. Kinda amusing to watch really....

next you'll be getting deliveries of backyard napthalene-mothball extracts junked up in some clowns shed sprayed onto astroturf.

• Like 2

Tronica is appearing in a JJJ Hack story this afternoon about Synthetic Cannabis if anyone wants to have a listen. It will be available for download after.

did u read any of T's posts dude? :BANGHEAD2:

did you? :P

what i mean is if a "chemical" which does not target the cb receptors breaks down into something else that releases endocannabinoids this would be legal??

like WWL70 breaks down into 2ag, 2age

yep. good luck trying to get those chemicals at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

Tronica is appearing in a JJJ Hack story this afternoon about Synthetic Cannabis if anyone wants to have a listen. It will be available for download after.

shit! i missed it, i keep missing this sort of thing it seems....

got a link?

There are people who actually analysed the stuff and KNOW whats on them and then there are people who speculate and/or believe the promotional BS. So far EVERY claim made in regards to the smoking mixes has been shown to be false. First it was 'no synthetics', then it was 'oleamide only', then it was that NZ lichen, then FAAH inhibitors, now MAGL inhibitors. All of them were/are lies. Kinda amusing to watch really....

yeah I have dude :P

Edited by naja naja

Naja: Yeah I've read every single one of T's posts as a matter of fact.. All I was saying to myco was that they're not all illegal because they're still being widely sold at retail outlets. Whether or not they still contain agonists doesnt really matter.. To this date, they're still being legally sold.