The Corroboree
tipz

macrogonus and scop x peruvianus logs for sale

Up for sale I have some extremely thick logs. One lot of cuts is from a twenty year old trichocereus macrogonus from country S.A. I have sold cuts from this plant before here and have had excellent feedback from all purchasers. She is a very special plant. Bretloth has it featured in his collection here : http://trichoserious...crogonus%20Tipz

the other is from an unidentified plant ... It resembles yowie somewhat, with a thick glaucous bloom and downward facing central spines that start off quite small and lengthen with age. It is a beautiful plant and is taken from the mother which is also twenty yrs plus. I guarantee this one will not disappoint either. looks like some kind of scop x peru hybrid and i have not seen this clone available before.

For some reason I am having troubles using sab's uploader so i will just link you to the photos at photobucket.

I am asking thirty five dollars for 40cm lengths plus postage. I have tips and mid sections available. ( plants will be sent de-spined, but i can arrange to leave them on for a small fee to keep the aesthetics of the cuts ) there will be a pack of three pups of the macro available for $40.00 ( 20 cm each and very fat ) plus postage and another pack of four macro pups for thirty ( pm for photos )

There are also some very sunburnt mid sections of the un-named species that i will let go for twenty dollars per 30cm ... they dont look the best, but are in good health and will shoot fresh new growth come spring.

Postage may be kind of expensive as these cuts are absolutely massive ( up to '50 cm' in circumference ) so they weigh a shitload and are twice the width of cuttings normally up for sale here ) I would say postage would be around the twenty dollar mark for a 40cm cut.

anyways, check out the photos of what is available here... i have a shitload available B)

http://s1084.photobu...named%20tricho/

( also have a fair bit of pach and spach for grafting stock. pm if interested )

cheers - tipz

( edit - 3 pack of pups sold.. still have the 4 pack - 4 mid cuts and three tips gone allready... but still plenty left - get it while you can )

Edited by tipz
  • Like 3

photo 13 and 14 pls kate

oh and the buttons really love cheers kate love your photos

why couldn't this be one of ur deadly giveaways tipzy....love anything peruvianus.

nice pics man...very envious. :wink:

• Like 1

Hey Tipz, the one that is not identified, if it came from country SA, may be the plant I know as Goliath, fat and blue, an absolute ripper and a very hardy beast. Grows very tall and fat with minimal basal branching compared to other trichs, and the arms are typically very upright. I have not seen it with such long spines but I still believe this is the same plant as spination is highly variable depending on growing conditions across our state. Unfortunately I don't have a photo atm to compare. The SA macrogonus is also a stunner, and particularly so as it holds its glaucous color even in harsh conditions, but will grow well in dense shade, unusual for a trich. Both are beautiful additions to a trich garden, and these are excellent examples.

• Like 2

Thanks Micromegas

I was going to ask if anyone had any input on I.D for that one. Do you happen to know what species it s thought to be, or the genetic lines it comes from ?

The mother plant grows huge limbs straight upright with minimal basal branching just like you describe. If you have a look at the scarred and sunburnt limbs in the photo's , they are from the exact same plant and rootmass as the more lush newer growth with the longer spination and they have virtually no spines - almost like a scop.

Im happy to run with Goliath... seems to suit it quite well.

Edited by tipz

I'd like to buy a tip section of the macro with spines on please. Send me a pm if that sounds ok with further deets, cheers tipz.

OK. I am going to put a temporary hold on further sales until I have done a good measure up and stocktake.

I have been inundated with requests and dont like too have too many sales banked up at once.

Give it a few days till everything is sorted and I will repost here with what is still available once all orders have been sent.

Thanks for all the interest.

Tipz

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

I didn't name it Goliath, but the name is fitting. In the 44th post, fourth photo of this post http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25165&st=25&p=268072&hl=goliath&fromsearch=1entry268072 is a picture of him. I'll let you be the judge of their relationship. My guess is a peruvanoid x ? (scop?) but it is anyone's guess and my feeling is that it has been in Australia for 50+ years and may have come to our country as a cutting true to type and may be a natural hybrid. I have found it only twice in two separate rural gardens. I find this plant to be an excellent architectural statement in the garden.

• Like 1

Awesome!!!

Damn, missed it! :(

Edited by Halcyon Daze

Nice plants mate,

May be interested in some.

If i was in SA i would buy a meter each of both,

but i'll just have to be patient with two huge stumps :)

old plants like that will power on. cant wait.

• Like 1

damm you tipz i dream of having a vernadah like that

would be a nice double fence line in 5 years time

never seen another cactus except for cereus species my area :( so yeah jealous as fuck.

All orders will be sent this thursday AM

and next weekend I will update on what is still available.

Thanks

tipz

OK

I have an update with what is left now that all other orders have been taken care of.

Of the aptly named 'Goliath' ( or long spined pach, or peru cross scop, or whatever this hybrid happens to be )

I have :

1: 70 cm tip cut for $60.00 plus $30.00 postage

2: 55 cm tip cut for $50.00 plus $25.00 postage

3: 3 x 40 cm tip cut $35.00 each plus $25.00 postage (each)

4: 50 cm tip #45.00 plus $25.00 postage

5: 67cm tip cut for $ $55.00 plus $30.00 postage

6: 35 cm tip cut for $30.00 plus $25.00 postage

7: 70cm mid cut for $60.00 plus $30.00 postage

8: 4 x 30cm mid cuts $25.00 each plus $25.00 postage (each)

9: 80cm tip cut ( sunburnt ) for $50.00 plus $30.00 postage

10: 2x 25cm mid cuts to be sold together at $30.00 plus $30.00 postage for the two

Of the macro I only have left

1: very fat 30cm mid cut for $30.00 plus $25.00 postage

2: one very fat 60cm mid cut for $60.00 plus $30.00 postage ( will definitely cost more to send due to the weight... It's huge )

3: 3 x 40cm tips $40.00 each plus $25.00 postage each.

I have a few scarred offcuts of varying length available but will not put them up for sale as of yet as they are really not up to scratch and i really only want to pass on the unblemished beauties.

If you are one of the many that have pm'd me and i have asked yo to wait until all other orders have been finalized - contact me again as i just have too many messages to sort through and reply too. Sorry :P

That's all I am going to have for a while.. I will update this post as each piece is sold.

Cheers

Tipz

Sorry for the delay people.

I will slowly over the course of today reply to all messages. An unexpected stint in hospital has held up all my trades.

They will without doubt be sent this tuesday and are all wrapped ready to go. ( with extras for compensation over the wait. )

If anyone would prefer a full and complete refund instead of the plants ordered and paid for I am more than capable ( and happy ) to do that. Otherwise they should be in your hands by Friday. ( i will use tracking numbers on all items unless requested not too so you can see when they have been sent and where they are. Thanks - tipz

bump

BUMP

Still a couple of Macro mids and heaps of the "goliath" mids and tipz available.

Ranging from 25cm to 100cm ( fat and healthy and well calloused - been off the mother plant for months now :wink: )

EDIT will drop all postage prices to $20.00 ( unless you request for spines to be kept untrimmed, in which case previous postage charges apply )

Edited by tipz