The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
trucha

Help urgently needed for potential research project

Any help in locating a commercial supplier of Pereskiopsis as seeds would be greatly appreciated. Or even a few seeds if a vendors does not exist.

Thanks in advance.

kt

keepertrout

@

gmail.com

ours flower profusely, but have never set seed. I presume it needs a second individual for cross pollination. surely this thing must be a weed somewhere....

Pereskiopsis was recently removed from CITES so if you can find a seed collector in Mexico you'd be best off.

Will try to get some. Could take a while. Worst case scenario one year. Not sure if i can get them at all. Only seen Peres seeds offered from Knize (for a rididulous prize) and i wouldnt advise ordering from him.

pm'd

Goddam, zelly, you've got everything!!! Lol

Goddam, zelly, you've got everything!!! Lol

I was thinking the same thing

Cheers

Got

Never seen pereskiopsis flower...... mine have become huge..... I guess it needs some colder weather and perhaps being munched up by lizards doesnt help it either.

Soooo trucha,.... a project huh!?!

Its a project of a good friend but the catch is that it involves tissue culture and the lab will only permit surface sterilzed seeds to be brought inside and not any live plant cuttings.

It appears to be really a common problem as I can locate more than five years worth of people making posts online trying to find seeds but not a one commenting on success.