The Corroboree
joeyromacus

New to the community

Hi all, I've just recently joined this fantastic site, thought I'd say hello. Hello. I've also recently started to get my ethno garden started so have begun ordering seeds and hope to have some strong growing cacti and other enthos soon. I'm new to Brisbane and was wondering if there were any locals that would be interested in helping give my garden a bit of a kick start with some form of cuttings or whether anyone knows of where to locate anything of interest in this city? Thanks Joey

hey buddy

hope you enjoy your time here, all the best in your search.

Welcome Joey :)

Stick around and in sure you'll score :) whether it's seeds or cuttings, this joint is full of generous mofos.

Thanks for the welcome. I have started my search with shaman australis and am very happy with their service. I've got some cacti to start and am waiting on some Desmanthus not sure where I'm going with it now though. Suggestions? Thanks for the link psylo.

Welcome, although its not really the best time of year i woould say get a cappi vine going. Everyone needs one

Welcome mate:) all I can recommend is cacti cacti and more cacti xD

Welcome to the family joeyromacus :)

:)

Alright, so some caapi will be in my next order. I've got a little heated green house going so winter shouldn't be a huge problem to get stuff going.

get a bwhr vine in now early while you got the room, swing me a pm and ill send you a rivera seedling, i to am from bris vegas there are many of us here now to rivel the melbourne crew! also the sooner you can get khat in the ground the better.

Edited by vual

Hello :)

The one thing I regret not doing when I first started out was not planting cacti seeds. I wanted to get a collection together fast so I bought I lot of Trichocereus cuttings so now I have some big cacti but if I had sown seeds as well I could have a army of Lophophora, Turbinicarpus, Ariocarpus and Astrophytum on there own roots and most at flowering age .

Actually when I think about it there are a lot of seeds I should have sown when I first started. Seeds are cheap and It takes time for plants to mature but If you sow as many as you can now imagine what your garden will be like in three to four years time.

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen

Yeah I've already got some going, looking to expand to a very varied garden though. Any ideas on some rarities I should keep an eye out for?

Hey Joey! Definately get onto Psylo's recommendation - I've bought seeds and plants from both and they're fantastic. All seeeds and plants came well wrapped and labelled and there's plenty of growing advice on their sites. I now have lots of lovely tiny cacti happily growing in my humidity tent and a B caapi, P. viridis... etc the list goes on but the space in the yard grows thin!

Welcome mate! Stick around and you will have seeds aplenty! I am reasonably new here and have been able to start to sow quite a few varieties out thanks to the generosity of a lot of members here already. When you have a few to trade, then trade your way up on the free ethno's thread. .

I have a limited selection of seeds at the moment that I have either sown some of and have a few left over as well as some that I am either not really ready for or am lacking the space, so if you shoot me a PM I'll have a look and let you know what I may be able to spare. :)

Cheers.

OD