The Corroboree

For a group of people that want freedom of speech and freedom in the way they live there lives there seems to be little or no consideration for the way other people think or the way they want to live there lives.

Such as the consideration given towards 50% of Australian citizens who were born overseas or had parents born overseas? With statistics like that, it's fast becoming a redundant national holiday, to the point of being offensive towards the changing face of what is deemed to be an Australian.

In fact, if we consider the wikipedia page on Australian demographics, and again from the 2006 census, a mere 31% actually nominated their ancestory as Australian.

The continuation of an allocated national day of rememberence for a bunch of guys who would all be dead now anyway, (war or not) seems crass. There's not too many other wars where you can argue that "they fought for our freedom", nor was ANZAC Day ever intended for reflection on wars other than WW1.

How about we observe the day as a national day of "Sorry" to all the immigrants that are here because Australia did nothing to overthrow the tyranny of their homeland, because it wasn't aligned to the warmongering coalition in which we fall into line behind? Statistically, it's a far more relevant mass-observance.

ANZAC Day is just another patriotic circus to keep the masses under control, and divide the national community.

I wasn't actually talking about the Australian population I was talking about the people on this forum.

But as you have now brought this up again the following shows how much you shouldn't trust government departments as you are quoting from Australian Parliament

Joint Standing Committee on Migration Submission No. 127

Allso the wikipedia page you are quoting from actually states : According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, in mid-2006 there were 4,956,863 residents who were born outside Australia, representing 24% of the total population

ABS Migration

:At 30 June 2006 almost one quarter (24%) of the Australian population was born

overseas.

: People born in the United Kingdom accounted for 23% of all overseas-born persons

in Australia's population, followed by New Zealand (10%) and Italy, China and Viet

Nam (4% each).

: The proportion of people in Australia's population born in the United Kingdom and

Italy declined between 1996 and 2006, while the proportion born in China and New

Zealand increased. The Viet Nam-born proportion remained steady.

: The number of Australians born overseas increased by 1.5% per year on average

between 1996 and 2006. This was higher than that of the Australia-born population

(1.1%) and total population (1.2%).

: Between 1996 and 2006, of the 50 most common countries of birth, persons born in

Sudan recorded the largest average increase (27% per year), followed by persons

born in Afghanistan (13%) and Iraq (10%). The largest declines in this group were

persons born in Poland, Hungary and Italy (down 2% per year each).

: Persons born in Southern and Central Asia as well as Sub-Saharan Africa recorded

average increases of 6% per year, the largest growth of all major regions between

1996 and 2006.

: The two regions of North-West Europe and Southern and Eastern Europe together

accounted for nearly half of overseas-born residents in Australia at 30 June 2006

(30% and 17% respectively).

: At 30 June 2001 Western Australia had the highest proportion of overseas-born

residents (29%) of all states and territories, while Tasmania had the lowest

proportion (11%).

http://www.ausstats....120_2005-06.pdf

Cheers

Got

nice try..... but youre only quoting migration statistics, and failing to observe the children of parents born overseas. ie stil not ANZAC affiliated in the slightest.

We can cross examine my statements on this from any number of sources as much as you like, but the 50% figure in the context it was stated above is correct. In fact, it would be a minority in 2012 that are of ANZAC affiliated bloodline, but until the next census we'll run with 50/50, lest I be accused of speculation.

Parliamentary papers aside (although it was a direct quote from the ABS) here is the data specifically from the Australian Bureau of Statistics page:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/0/F1C38FAE9E5F2B82CA2573D200110333?opendocument

In 2006 the number of overseas-born Australians reached five million, representing almost a quarter (24%) of the total population

and then:

The 2006 Census showed that 26% of people born in Australia had at least one overseas-born parent. Of these, 44% had both parents born overseas, 34% had their father (but not their mother) born overseas and 23% had their mother (but not their father) born overseas.

26% + 24% = ?

Sigh, Psylo your more then welcome to celebrate the special days and holidays of your country of birth. I dont think ANYONE here would bitch about that.

If you dont like ANZAC day, why do you feel the need to quote migration stats? Being born somewere else or having your family history from overseas is a VERY FUCKING BORING fact in this country. Almost everyone on both sides of this arguement have family that migrated here in recent times.

As said before i dont have a hard on for ANZAC day, but i dont think anyone here is celebrating the invasion of other countries by australia in recent years. If you have an issue with Australias involvement with WWI, WWII (what most of us ascociate ANZAC day with) then your rants are valid. But all ive seen you talk about here is your sympathy for the dead of other conflicts and your own identity battle.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by eatfoo

But all ive seen you talk about here is your sympathy for the dead of other conflicts and your own identity battle.

Where?

525825_3482954546186_1041005975_33224998_725223406_n.jpg

anger is moronic...

ANZAc gave us a foundation to form our multicultural society upon.

strategy and intelligence and the aura of culture is valid human behaviour...

striving for enlightenment is a decidely alterior life path...

i get a hard on for anzac day... hahahhahahahlolhahaha....

respect everything.

fight the mind battle for drug legitimisation... or at least do something to actually back up what u say u think... words are empty... action say everything.

love uncondiotinally whilst u massacre.

i retract my last statement though i think KRSNA would agree.

i get a hard on for anzac day... hahahhahahahlolhahaha....

Im seeing an Australian flag painted on a penis.

Psylo, id rather play minesweaper then re-read this thread, sorry. Have a good one

• Like 1

ANZAc gave us a foundation to form our multicultural society upon.

That's actually a pretty good statement, a nice change from the nonsense. Can you elaborate on this ?

I sure can... though i would prefer to place it in a nice thatchet baskett along with several other formative cultural icons and let you digest them at a picnic u will no doubt hopefully take whilst eating this cute little lamby lamb for dinner tomorrow night...

God save the Queen. and 2pac.

s1.jpg

• Like 1

When i say worthy i mean this...

Afghan+boy+grieving+massacre.jpg

not this...

computer-nerd-+-Limpet-21.jpeg

• Like 1

i know its controversial but i think drug users should be more like this...

twilight-breaking-dawn.jpg

haha... worthy of 13 year old girls. idols of a world class demon fighting brigade... who will never never until at very last share their powers. haha.

i dont celebrate anzac day.

maybe if human beings fully understood what war really is and that they have been manipulated under false pretences...

wars is nothing more then a form of profit making and global depopulation.

its is the political establishment that creates wars and not human beings.

• Like 3

Political establishment and not human beings? How is the political establishment not human?

To answer your question, chilli.........

Forced in, like cattle you run

Stripped of your life's worth

Human mice, for the angel of death

Four hundred thousand more to die

Angel of death

Monarch to the kingdom of the dead

Infamous butcher

Angel of death

We have a day to celebrate the dead. Its called all saints day and no matter which culture you are from we all celebrate this day in one way or another. As for Fuck ANZAC DAY.... man loose the hate mate.......

• Like 3

ANZAC day is the celebration of men and women who have fought in the Australian armed services. It is part of nationalistic identity and is part of our history. You dont have to be a pure-blood Australian to appreciated what these men and women have done. And you dont have to be a pure-blood australian to be australian. ANZAC day is celebrated by many people of many different backgrounds, Most people don't join up for service with hate in there heart but to be proud and contribute to their country in a way they see fit.

b

• Like 4

I think too many people these days see ANZAC day as a day off and a reason to get drunk.

The word celebration has been used alot in this thread, which I find strange. Don't we celebrate happy moments/anniverseries? I prefer to see it as a day of rememberence of those who have died for their country during war.

Edited by OPP

What the fuck...

ANZAC day is a day of respect for those who fought bravely for our/your country. Most of the soldiers who died, died with good intentions in their hearts. We should always uphold the importance of good intentions, second only to and distinct from "good actions" (which are of course, both subjective).

Not all of them (in fact probably very few) wanted to go and murder other people, or plunder oil, or support foreign governments' crusades. That was the job of the puppet masters, the money grubbers, the benny-popping pyramid-riders.

Those soldiers should NEVER be forgotten for the simple reason that when history is ignored; it repeats. There's a reason that Nazi history is part of the German curriculum.

I will be teaching my children about War, huh, yeah, What is it good for, Absolutely nothing, Uh-huh, War, huh, yeah, What is it good for, Absolutely nothing, Say it again, y'all... now it's in your head, and there's nothing you can do about it

ANZAC day celebrations on the other hand, bullshit speeches by assholes - yeah, I totally agree those just shams.

• Like 1

i just saw a vietnamese girl say some words of rememberance of the fall of saigon on the ABC...

apparently it was 37 years since her family and community had to flee to Australia... and she is proudf of how far they have come as a people...

i took this to be a comparitive of ANZAC day rememberance and it somewhat shows that everyone has their own special things to remember... it is just the opprtunity and effort put in by those invovled as to how big it gets...

everything here is equal... haha.

comments?>

any efort for national day of the sacred plant medicine?

it seems that the fact that war is often so tragic that certain days are thoroughly embued with the impetus to remember them... regardless of the reasoning or morality of war as a passtime.

it seems that the fact that war is often so tragic that certain days are thoroughly embued with the impetus to remember them... regardless of the reasoning or morality of war as a passtime.

I suppose that could explain why I experienced a considerably greater than average number of aggressive actions on the few days following Anzac Day? I thought it was just the alignment of the planets.

having gone to anzac dawn service at kings park all i can say is that i felt a sense of proudness. we managed to get all the way up to the war memorial in spite of the odd 40000 people in between, there was an american aircraft carrier in town but the amount of american soldiers who were up at the monument was really pleasing, i mean these guys have not been on shore leave for 6 months and had 1 or 2 spare days at most and they were in full ceremonial gear at 530 in the morning to pay respects to us, that really pleased me.

most of all what suprised me was the amount of 16-25 year olds who generally get a bad rap for not being respectful in general who did come, there must have been at least 10000 of them and i think thats a good show of respect.

what really moved me the most was this old fella obviously a veteran of high distinction with his medals and stuff, as the sun was gaining light and after the last post he turned to the horizen and grabbed the air with tears streaming down his face and he pulled the air to his heart and said a loving hello to his lost mates with no embarrisment at all and said he was still here and still remembered them.

we live in such a planned out and clinical society today with no sense of true meaning and i for one was so moved by the whole service due to the youth, the americans and mainly the old man i believe that us civilians shouldnt judge what some people have been through but at the very least at least we can show respect and sentiment even if we do not fully understand the whole purpose of it. its not our place to judge but at least as in society and life as a whole you can be respectful of others.

• Like 2