The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Amulte

Universal Life Church

I am now a reverend. i have had a religion of my own making for the past few years now, but for the last week i am officially a reverend through the universal life church.

their services have been abused in the past by people trying to avoid tax but i trust all here in good faith. if you wish to dedicate yourself to your beliefs then this is the place. its legal in australia but i am not allowed to perform marrages. Universal Life Church is non-denominational and accepts all religions.

:D Peace to all :D

I joined years ago, and as far as my research has found out, the newly appointed cleric can perform any and all religious ceremonies aside from circumcisions. However, this may vary from state to state.

In regards to Federal legalities, Justice Murphy's definition was "any body which claims to be religious, whose beliefs or practices are a revival of, or resemble, earlier cults, is religious.

"Any body which claims to be religious and to believe in a supernatural being, or beings, whether physical and visible, such as the sun and the stars, or a physical invisible god or spirit, or an abstract god or entity, is religious.

"Any body which claims to be religious, and offers a way to find meaning and purpose in life, is religious."

He added, "The list is not exhaustive. The categories of religion are not closed."

......and since when was tax evasion not a civic duty?

See also:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/hig.../154clr120.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/hig...t/67clr116.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/hig.../146clr559.html

Amulte:

I am now a reverend. i have had a religion of my own making for the past few years now, but for the last week i am officially a reverend through the universal life church.

Is this for real? I mean - is it something that can be used against/with/for current institutions? ie. Can I put it in my resume, will it help me in court cases, will it open doors at exclusive clubs, cheaper rooms at hotels, pay less tax.. etc?

Or is it like claiming you are a Jedi, and using 'the force' as an excuse to pick up women at parties...? :D

Reverend Amulte,

now your ordained and all can you give us a brief outline of your beliefs ?

i am currently in no position to write the whole 5 page brief description but there is one core fundimental, 'Belief Creates Existance".

the power of the human mid is the core to all existance.

Peace

also thanks to all for serious encouragement

belief creates existence..

sounds like a good mantra-

the whole churchy thing is a bit scary for me though!

There are much better ways to bring down your tax that are totaly legal, at a "Reno Kings" seminar the other weekend I learned how to reduce someones tax bill from $100k down to less than $15k (actually $7k I think it was) using an investment property and depreciation along with a trust and and the legal limits of tax wite off's.

It was an AMAZING seminar and at $1700 was a bargan!

I learned SO much stuff, I think it paid for its self in the first few hours,, LOL..

[ 11. September 2005, 09:22: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

i dont mean to offend anyone but it is a bit, nah, fairly ignorant to assume it is entirely for tax evasion/exemption.

But to each their own, your beliefs are your choice.

hey, if the plymouth bretheren can do it, why cant the Universal Life Church???

those featherys literally swim in money,

the hypocritical,corrupt,deviant,racist,homophobic mofos that they are!!!!(not that i have anything against the bretheren mind)

the left, dishonourable rev. Bacchant joined today. :cool: god help all of us. :D

That wasnt what I was trying to put accross Amulte jst that there were legal was to go about reducing ones tax.

I think you being ordaned is wonderful and I will defenitly be looking into your religion with interest and I true beliver in ones state of mind becoming ones stae of being and have for some time.. if only I could put it into practise more often in a positve way.

its all good. :D

i joined because i have my own ideas, beliefs and fundamentals that suit me and the church offers me a place to make beliefs public, and people who will except it. im sure you guys would like to here the details but i need a few hours spare to meditate and write on my theories.

i dont deny the ULC has members evading tax, but i am not. honestly i see no reason to with my finances, centerlink takes care of me on the pension and everytime i do my taxes they give me money so i dont really understand my one would bother with tax evasion.

Congratulations Amulte :D

I look forward to reading some of your theories and beliefs :cool:

the power of the human mid is the core to all existance.

What a frightening thought.

mid = mind

maybe the reference was to 'id' ,,,,,,

id (n) In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs.

mid = mind

I didn't even notice the mispelling... but yeah, it's the idea of the human mind being the core to all existence that I consider frightening, not mid, although that sounds pretty scary too .

:)

lol, ahhh. sorry dude. i get you know.

its not too scary. its quantum physics ive found. see the doco "what the @#$% do we know?"

what really spins me out is ive been preaching quantum physics before i knew it was quantum physics. i had this idea,told some and one of the many that listenedtold me about the doco and how it is what ive been saying. so i now suggest people to see it.

one thing they dont say in the doco is that many religions across the world adpot similar philosophies as their fundimentals. seeing the doco wont explain it fully though. the doco does take some background info to fully comprehend. but all who havnt see it, give it a try.

maybe the reference was to 'id' ,,,,,,

id (n) In Freudian theory, the division of the psyche that is totally unconscious and serves as the source of instinctual impulses and demands for immediate satisfaction of primitive needs.

sounds like Rasputin on PCP to me...