The Corroboree
niggles

Worlds biggest employers

LOL. i knew McChucks would be up there. It is good for the kids starting out in the work force though. Gotta start somewhere!?

EDIT: whoops.. the 'k' had fallen off the page.(as in Knew...not new :wacko: ).

Edited by Amazonian

Thats right.. gotta teach em young to expect nothing from your employer but bad wages

Well, it encourages them to go out and get a better job. That can't be a bad thing.

I don't think I have EVER see someone working at Maccas who looks older than 25, so maybe it works.

I don't think teaching kids to work hard is a bad thing, and it looks great on a CVbecause of exactly that.

I thought that was cos maccas doesnt like paying real wages so they only employ youths.

If a kid came to me looking for a job with 6 months or more work at maccas on their resume I would hire them

On the spot. Their customer service is a1 and they have to put up with a lot of shit from management and customers for very little money.

I think Australia's work ethic has gone down the shitter. It's very hard to find someone who will work diligently for 8 hrs. It sEems to be getting worse with every generation. Its not very good out here in the country so I shudder to think what the city's are like. Seems kids today love the money, just don't wanna put in a decent days work for it.

Other option is centre link, where they learn a false sense of entitlement and treat the staff there like shit, then whine and complain about the govt that feeds them.

I breathe a sigh of relief at work when they put on teams of Taiwanese. Work hArd with a smile, honest Nd most of all no WHINGING. I do believe Ussies have taken over the poms in this regard.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

I'd hate to think what you're hiring kids for, Incog. :o

My boot polishing and chimney sweep businesses.

• Like 3

I think Australia's work ethic has gone down the shitter. It's very hard to find someone who will work diligently for 8 hrs. It sEems to be getting worse with every generation. Its not very good out here in the country so I shudder to think what the city's are like. Seems kids today love the money, just don't wanna put in a decent days work for it.

That just about sums it up.

You only need to go into a department store or a restaurant to see the attitude of most workers. What is wrong with smiling saying hello and goodbye and even looking like you are interested in the customer.

I also find that the excuses for not wanting a job are never ending its to dirty, to hot ,to early, to late ,to many hours ,to hard, to far away, and the best is not enough money. News flash if you don't have any qualifications or experience then you cant expect to be choosy about the job and the money it payees. First thing they need to do is get a job and keep that job for a period of time and then maybe look at finding something better.

Unskilled workers expect to get paid excessive amounts of money because the keep on hearing what the mines are paying or the story in the paper says that a guy holding a stop go sign earns x amount of dollars so they want the same.

The other problem is skilled workers (this might be more so on the west coast) the money that metal tradesmen are wanting to be paid at the moment is getting way out of hand. I don't have a problem with a good tradesman being paid good money but when you have a lot of inexperienced and also incompetent tradesmen out looking for work and still demanding excessive wages things start going pear shaped especially if they are the only ones applying for the jobs.

Because company's need staff these people get employed on good rates so the the quaintly tradesmen wont more money because they are more experienced and have better skills and so the cycle continues until the bubble bursts which we are seeing now as more and more work is going to china.

I will step down of my soap box now :)

Cheers

Got

I honestly think the quality of service as mcdonalds to be fucking shit. no smile, no greeting, no care whatsoever. The hardest part of customer service is convincing the customer you enjoy being there and want to help them.

I honestly thought metro would be high on the list... but apparently not.

I was thinking about KFC. A white guy that was known to be rascist decided to start cooking 'soul food' in a shop - cooking a dodgy version of deep south fried chicken to the very people he hated and made millions...

x

Edited by Psylo

Psylo - im all about sounding good - lets not let facts get in the way of an inflammatory statement - it would be unAustralian...

x

Edited by Psylo