The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jonstn

Garnier hair gel wil cactus extract... ????

Saw this at work last night, just wondering what you all think of it?

http://www.garnier.c...ts/hard-gel.htm

085_l.png

Hard Gel

Defy gravity and take your hair to new extremes with Garnier Fructis Style Hard Gel, formulated with natural cactus extract. That’s right: rock-hard structure without damaging your hair! Its quick-dry, "fibre glue" technology offers long-lasting hold and precise styling for the most intense looks.

Here's what they say about cactus extract

Cactus Extract

Cactus extracts are known for their extremely resistant properties. The reduced leaf surface, the enlarged fleshy stem, which is well fitted to store water and to retain it, are making the plant particularly adapted to regions of high temperature and long dry periods.

I thought cactus extract was illegal :P

Bah didn't notice the typo in topic title, and it's not letting me edit the topic title :BANGHEAD2:

I guess it lasts about 8 - 12 hours?

• Like 1

Cactus extracts are known for their extremely resistant properties.

Resistant to what? Swallowing? :scratchhead:

Anyway I bought some of this stuff about 2 weeks ago, and I must admit it does a fine job as a gel, especially for how little I use. Cheaper gels are usually less concentrated and as a result I have to be use larger amounts.

And yes I did buy it because of the sweet pedros on the front. :P

Edited by βluntmuffin

Nice to hear some feedback from it.

I know what your saying about the tempting pedro pic on it, I had the mindset to buy it even before I read what it was lol, but I use matte hair products otherwise I'd jump right on it, my hair turns to shit when I use gel

But I'm eager to find out what exactly the extract is, it's probably just water lol

maybe opuntia juice?

i accidentally left an open cut prickly pear pad sitting in water for a few days once and noticed the water had become a bit more viscous and gel-like when i found it.

according to wikipedia it's used as an additive to earthen plaster too.

maybe opuntia juice? i accidentally left an open cut prickly pear pad sitting in water for a few days once and noticed the water had become a bit more viscous and gel-like when i found it. according to wikipedia it's used as an additive to earthen plaster too.

I juiced some prickly pear just yesterday, it's very thick almost a syrup, was hard to get through my strainer!

I think the gel is clear though, would prickly pear give it a very dark pink colour? The juice can be used as dye so I don't know what it'd do to your hair.

I think the gel is clear though, would prickly pear give it a very dark pink colour? The juice can be used as dye so I don't know what it'd do to your hair.

in my little discovery the water remained clear, but that was using a fleshy pad of the plant rather than the fruit.

interesting though, i wonder if anyone would pay to buy a hairgel that does it's usual job while dying your hair too? :P

Might be onto something there totegoat, hair dye gel is a million dollar idea lol

In the thread shruman posted someone mentioned optunia pads or aloe could be the extract so yeah what you said earlier could be what they do, got some pads laying around might cut one in half and rub it on my head :wacko:

in my little discovery the water remained clear, but that was using a fleshy pad of the plant rather than the fruit.

interesting though, i wonder if anyone would pay to buy a hairgel that does it's usual job while dying your hair too? :P

FASHION

l.jpg

Serious reply: I imagine it's like how Coca-Cola has exclusive rights to import coca leaves into the US. Money can do some pretty powerful things.

Edited by Belching

Sorry if this offends, but I'm a bit blown out that members here are using hair products (not talking cleaning/conditioning). Seriously, are there so many vain princesses amongst the tribe ?

Sorry if this offends, but I'm a bit blown out that members here are using hair products (not talking cleaning/conditioning). Seriously, are there so many vain princesses amongst the tribe ?

Wait. What? You're washing your hair?! Pff. I haven't washed my hair since 1993.

If I wake up and my hair is dishevelled and in some strange shape, and I had showered before I went to bed and woke up clean enough - then rather than showering, I'll simply wet my hair, towel it and then perhaps use some gel.

I don't think there's a whole lot of vanity in doing that.

Wait. What? You're washing your hair?! Pff. I haven't washed my hair since 1993.

What ? Youre mistaking cleanliness with vanity ? I thought you were more clever than that, friend !

And anyway, I have a razor-shaved head, so no hair washing for me.

I like to incorporate a good quality hair gel when getting prepared for work or when going out to woo the ladies.