The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psylo

x x

and please check out at least the first 90 seconds of this but preferably the whole thing

haha, i just loaded the exact song (brokencyde).

what the fuck is wrong with people....

I dunno. It's just as ridiculous and banal as the Slayer, Pantera, Cannibal Corpse and Judas Priest stuff kids were listening to when I was younger. But with skinnier guys. And fluoro guitar strings. And at least these guys don't seem to pretend to be Hell's Angels; they look like the delicate petals all heavy metal musicians actually are. :lol:

wtf, that brokencyde band... that's actually real? :/

If i want mindless music i'll at least stick to something funny

I dunno. It's just as ridiculous and banal as the Slayer, Pantera, Cannibal Corpse and Judas Priest stuff kids were listening to when I was younger. But with skinnier guys. And fluoro guitar strings. And at least these guys don't seem to pretend to be Hell's Angels; they look like the delicate petals all heavy metal musicians actually are. :lol:

hm, i guess. although i'm hardly one to talk, i did once spend $50 on a record which consisted of someone tapping on a tea cup for 50 minutes. experimental maaaaan!

hm, i guess. although i'm hardly one to talk, i did once spend $50 on a record which consisted of someone tapping on a tea cup for 50 minutes. experimental maaaaan!

Now you're talking. I'm a die-hard modernist avant-garde groupie from waaaay back, man.

Let's get together and watch Michael Snow movies, brudda. :wub:

(I just watched that Brokencyde clip. That's quite easily the most depressing thing I've seen in months. Someone needs to show those poor dancing girls chnt's Germaine Greer thread.)

yeah i'm a full blown avant/experimental wanker.

merzbow anyone?

Gong! Psylo, you just sprung my dong!

I've vowed to meet Daevid Allen next time I head up north. I've been a fan since my dad played me Camembert Electrique when I was a wee little kid.

i thought you would respond to my post cause you asked me a question

cat_cute3.jpg

I thought you weren't in to fine art chnt.. assuming you meant merzbau.

it's not that i dont appreciate fine art, it's just not within my niche.

merzbow

i thought you would respond to my post cause you asked me a question

Sorry, have been away and haven't had time to catch up on media etc [not downloading clips on my phone]. It was actually somewhat of a rhetorical question, but your effort has actually got me intrigued now.

and please check out at least the first 90 seconds of this but preferably the whole thing

I liked the first 32 seconds of it and I can hear a melody in there somewhere ;)

I listened to the whole thing, but it's really not my style.

these emo2.0 bands cross emo with hipster, they're hardcore they're cool and they're definitely not emo (dont mention that word... that word never existed), we're hardcore/post-hardcore/alternative/indie/baroque/disco/experimental add a bit of cock rock and hair metal, make sure you have tattoos, we're expressing our individuality but all of us have tattoos, tattoos are awesome, i'm not spending thousands of dollars to look "in", i'm not insecure, do you like my plugs and my meme/niche-nerd-alternative shirt? haha my hair is not the same as everyone else's, dying was so 2007, i'm in a band, i have a token band name like "we ride the moon over lolgasm" "she VS nintendo" "our guns your dance" i have strong opinions because there is a big difference between every band that i listen to and they are not all exactly the same, and look and dress exactly the same within a certain set, all of them have something new and relevant to offer, that's why i think some are amaze and others pretty-boys with conforming fashion, there is a large gap between one band being tween-pop and and the other the latest fucking jesus/slash/pretentious wank artist. OH MY GOD GET OVER MYSELF! WHAT THE FUCK AM I SAYING ALL THESE BANDS LOOK AND SOUND AND ACT THE FUCKING SAME!!!

haha, thanks for the detailed description. I guess that's the problem with all popular subcultures and music genres though - unless you're the first you're just someone who jumped on the bandwagon either for passion of for profit.

oh yeah, post-emo is completely different from emo. they have a more adult demographic, maybe.. um i dont know...

adult? seriously? Like 18-21 adult or older?

but check this out:

omg, I actually like this. well, sorta. about the same as I kinda like formulaic cheesy dance music. As in I'd dance to it in a club, but at home that CD would become a drinks coaster.

hey myco - here is something you might be itnerested in:

http://www.smh.com.a...0217-1tegl.html

i dont quite no wat to make of this article its very late and im very tired

i have to say i knew this kind of thing was happening but not to the extent it has obviously got to in the last couple of years

i still dont really think there is much need for worrying about it at the moment if it gets any worse then well thats pretty worrying

it does say

government agencies accessed telecommunications data and internet logs more than 250,000 times during criminal and revenue investigations in 2010-11

it also says

In an effort to identify the source of leaks of secret intelligence reports on East Timor, the federal police and Defence security investigators accessed phone call records of nearly 14,000 phone services totalling more than 77,000 phone calls.

so who knows how much of that has anything to do with the internet

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/police-spy-on-web-phone-usage-with-no-warrants-20120217-1tegl.html#ixzz1mkPE3emc

so you gotta rember theres 20 somthing million people in australia and that 250 000 times is including phone calls

it also says

In an effort to identify the source of leaks of secret intelligence reports on East Timor, the federal police and Defence security investigators accessed phone call records of nearly 14,000 phone services totalling more than 77,000 phone calls.

so therees 77 000 of the 250 000 times they accessed this stuff and thats all phone calls

so its clear that the average joe is not really going to be a target of anything YET

although im sure it will probably get worse and worse in the future

jeez wat are you doing on here so late torsten it must be like 3 in the morning in your parts

im fuken tired as i cant do handle these all nighters anymore i struggle to make it till midnight haha

i hope my last post even made any sense everytime i tried to copy and paste from that article it was bringing up some box and then words were disapearing i think it took me about 20 mins just to try type it

im out its way past my bedtime haha :)

I liked the first 32 seconds of it and I can hear a melody in there somewhere ;)

I listened to the whole thing, but it's really not my style.

these emo2.0 bands cross emo with hipster, they're hardcore they're cool and they're definitely not emo (dont mention that word... that word never existed), we're hardcore/post-hardcore/alternative/indie/baroque/disco/experimental add a bit of cock rock and hair metal, make sure you have tattoos, we're expressing our individuality but all of us have tattoos, tattoos are awesome, i'm not spending thousands of dollars to look "in", i'm not insecure, do you like my plugs and my meme/niche-nerd-alternative shirt? haha my hair is not the same as everyone else's, dying was so 2007, i'm in a band, i have a token band name like "we ride the moon over lolgasm" "she VS nintendo" "our guns your dance" i have strong opinions because there is a big difference between every band that i listen to and they are not all exactly the same, and look and dress exactly the same within a certain set, all of them have something new and relevant to offer, that's why i think some are amaze and others pretty-boys with conforming fashion, there is a large gap between one band being tween-pop and and the other the latest fucking jesus/slash/pretentious wank artist. OH MY GOD GET OVER MYSELF! WHAT THE FUCK AM I SAYING ALL THESE BANDS LOOK AND SOUND AND ACT THE FUCKING SAME!!!

haha, thanks for the detailed description. I guess that's the problem with all popular subcultures and music genres though - unless you're the first you're just someone who jumped on the bandwagon either for passion of for profit.

oh yeah, post-emo is completely different from emo. they have a more adult demographic, maybe.. um i dont know...

adult? seriously? Like 18-21 adult or older?

but check this out:

omg, I actually like this. well, sorta. about the same as I kinda like formulaic cheesy dance music. As in I'd dance to it in a club, but at home that CD would become a drinks coaster.

when i say a more adult genre i mean older than a "tween" demographic...

and when i said check out at least the first 90 seconds, i meant as in, i know it's fucking unbearable, but please keep watching the train wreck...

i now feel the need to state that i do not like any of these bands or this type of music at all, i am a passionate critic.

it's all a big fucking joke... what will be next? (post-emo/indie/popstep is the answer, just wait...)

stay tuned for my pseudo-dubstep rant aka (popstep/clubstep/junkstep - IT'S NOT FUCKING DUBSTEP)

until next time...

cannt!

I think there is a potential for a positive attitude towards drugs and plants to propagate through social networking sites. I don't use facebook as much as a lot of people, so this is probably truer for others, but I have people from a fairly broad spectrum on my friends list: family, friends of family, people I went to school with, friends etc. Many of them wouldn't even know about my interest in entheogens if it weren't for facebook because its just not something that comes up in conversation in certain contexts. But I present myself as I am on facebook. I have problems like everyone, but I'm generally happy, healthy, and well adjusted, and my interest in entheogens and ethnobotany is a positive part of my lifestyle. If every person interested in these topics has only a dozen facebook friends who have payed attention, then next time there is talk of banning a particular plant or what-not, then that adds up to a lot of people who would hopefully associate the plant in question with a person they know and that person's positive lifestyle, rather than being sucked in by the propaganda of fear.

There is, of course, a line to tread, and I think it's common sense not to advertise every aspect of who you are where it will be available for perusal by potential employers or anything like that, but I really believe there is the potential for a global shift in consciousness about these things if people are, to an extent, open about it. In a way, I think it's potentially a postive way for us to out ourselves.

and when i said check out at least the first 90 seconds, i meant as in, i know it's fucking unbearable, but please keep watching the train wreck...

i now feel the need to state that i do not like any of these bands or this type of music at all, i am a passionate critic.

LOL, I wasn't sure, so thank for making that clear.

I've seen dubstep fanatics being able to take the piss out of their own scene, so thought maybe you were doing the same to post emo ;)

myco - my bedtime is 4am, so that's a normal time for me to post ;)

i like some core's though grind/metal/jazz/math kind if thing... napalm death in particular, meshuggah's obzen is quite good.

some people might consider this within the post-emo spectrum but it is jazzcore/mathcore, with fucked up singing... have a listen or not.

we have similar bed times, but my 4am is your 7am... last night i was a good little boy and went to bed at 1...

That was really, really shit. That was so shit I don't have words to describe just how shit it really was. I knew it was shit before I watched it but at least now I know just how shit it really was. Did I say that it was shit?

Anyway, I hated reading this thread as it triggered my inbuilt paranoia which I work so hard at ignoring I get blase. I trust Torsten's take on this as he has experience. My initial reaction is to believe that we are not being watched, unless we are being watched (i.e. there needs to be a "reason' however small, or ridiculous, but once you have their attention... However, for a long time now - and I don't know how this works - we have had targeted advertising, so if commercial interests know what we are interested in, looking at, visiting, then there isn't really any good reason why governments can't be doing it as well. And, as Torsten pointed out, governments and societies change, sometimes dramatically. It's not really farfetched to imagine some fascist lunatics getting in to power and getting all hot under the collar about gayness / drug use / environmentalism (probably all three). I reckon we are already half way there, with undercover cops infiltrating green groups, all those freaky politicians who have religious persuasions about what we should and shouldn't be doing in the bedroom and stupid laws that make criminals out of certain drug users but celebrate abuse of other drugs.

This ad pisses me off every morning on the way to work. Just look at this guy! It's fucking unbelievable that this is acceptable in law, and yet smoking a bit of pot isn't.

post-4660-0-83430300-1329730056_thumb.jp

This ad is the epitome of what is wrong with drug laws.

As far as I am concerned, the biggest criminals are not those who grow a few plants to change their blood/brain chemistry, it's those who grow vast monocultures of plants that are changing the very lifeblood of our environment, just for profit. Wiping out entire ecosystems and causing extinctions left right and centre.

I have just deleted my Facebook account in a mad protest against our dumb society. Not that it will make an ounce of difference anyway.

post-4660-0-83430300-1329730056_thumb.jpg

post-4660-0-83430300-1329730056_thumb.jpg

yeh I didn't want to even dip my toes in this thread but..

I also do have an opinion on facebook,

I find the groups really annoying the only thing they are good for is they occasionally bring forward a new joke that is relevant with the times, though I rarely laugh or 'like' what people seem to think is a humours image of something that was posted 6 months earlier on 4chan or tumblr and then chopped and changed through being meme for lulz and inb4 it is shooped it is like when you've been in an accident but have something to do that day and end up having to tell the same story to 8 different people.

Another hate is when people 'friend' you even though they only know you because you were a 'friend' in their 'friend's' 'friend' list and when you say friend that many times it losses meaning and you have to go check that you're spelling the damn word correctly.

In saying that I have a facebook account and it is extremely easy when I am at the computer to talk via facebook's instant messaging system directly to my girlfriends iphone