The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
danshaman

tulsi tea

does anybody else use this?

I've been making tea out of 10-15 leaves depending on size for the last week and have noticed small lil things i can barely put my finger on a lil more alive i would say!

is there any other herbs or anything that would be bad news to mix with this?

could making a tincture possibly be a lil more effective?

would be good to hear what others have to say about this herb.

ands thanks to the member here who gave me the plant !

cheers

dan

i bought some tea bag tulsi tea with chamomile and jasmine a few years ago, it wasn't bad, but then i started drinking loose leaf tea exclusively because high quality chinese loose leaf tea is the shit, so i still have 2 tea bags left, i just counted.

tasted alright though, i'd steep it with a green tea tea bag, good combo, back when i was using tea bags that is

Yeah, I drink tulsi tea (sacred basil). I like it just on its own. I have given friends a few T-bags to try, and they both said the flavour reminded them of the dentist,lol. I have a small plant, and I am waiting on some seed. I am looking forward to growing my own, and brewing it fresh. Japa beads (chanting beads) are often made of Tulsi wood. Yeah, Tulsi is alright hey.

I reckon fresh leaves & flowers straight off the plant is best. I make a small pot most nights & share with my partner. Also thro in

a few leaves & flowers of lemon basil with it & sometimes a pinch of stevia.

And i agree that it has a subtle affect- like im more grounded & calm & seem to sleep better too.

Holy basil .. We have it in our house, not bad. I used to give it to my wife when she was stressed, it seemed to relax her.

It's the shiznit! Amazing adaptogen and tension reliever. Awesome for any stress related fatigue. Been drinking fresh Picked flower heads most of summer.

I love Tulsi tea too. Usually I just buy it in the tea bags. I don't know if it's just the taste that I love or if there are some subtle effects from drinking it, but it's definately one of my favorite teas. I've got a Tulsi plant in my garden grown from cutting but I haven't tried making tea from fresh off the plant yet. I'll definately give it a try soon.