The Corroboree
7baz

fruit & veg seed trading thread

i know we have the main seed trading thread and new chilli seed trading.

i wanted to start a fruit and vegetable seed thread for several reasons.

1. with the world changing i firmly believe more and more people will get into horticulture and start growing there own foods.

2. with the amount of poisons and our fruits and vegs becoming almost tasteless , its just crap compared to organic.

3. i also believe by doing this is will help to keep the real organic stuff alive , i mean imagine a world of nothing but GM shit.

4. sharing is caring.

5. your neighbours and friends will be envy , and im sure in due time those who you tried to warn about whats coming and going on in the world.. they will look back with deep regret.

6. think of the money you will save , how much healthier you will feel and the mental satisfaction you will gain when you see your own plants producing fruits and vegetables , the feeling is just amazing.

7.it is also a learning experience , we are always bound to experience and learn about fruits and vegetables we have never even heard of before.. or yet seam almost impossible to find.

well im going to kick start this with my rare heirloom capsicum plant.. the capsicums are long , and sweet and produces rather well.

they go from green to orange/ yellow to a nice deep red colour. i shall get the proper name of this awesome capsicum tomorrow.

(note to the admins - perhaps pin this thread and the chilli seed trading threads ? )

VVVV gets 30 heirloom capsicum seeds freshly picked. also gets 20 mini heirloom baby carrot seeds VVVV

Edited by 7baz
  • Like 3

sorry I haven't got anything to trade but I just wanted to say THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!! thanks for posting it

Got nothing to offer yet, but this is a damn good idea!

bumping up this thread to get it rolling...

VVVV gets 30 heirloom capsicum seeds freshly picked. also gets 20 mini heirloom baby carrot seeds VVVV

VVVV takes 30 heirloom capsicum seeds and 20 mini heirloom baby carrot seeds VVVV

VVVV gets (number yet to be determined) Roma tomato seeds, Basil seeds and if I can scrounge any up, Italian flat-leaf parsley seeds VVVV (Nothing like warm italian cuisine during a Nuclear winter :lol: )

VVVV takes Roma tomato seeds, Basil seeds and (?) Italian flat-leaf parsley seeds VVVV

VVVV gets 30 Romanesco broccoli seeds, 30 lemongrass seeds and 30 purple dragon carrot seeds VVVV

Whoa, hold on, I'm confused. I thought I was trading 7baz.....Sorry, I've fucked up. Let me figure this out.

to continue free seed, you take 7baz (the vvv meaning member below vvv) so you take 7baz's on the condition you offer seed to the vvv person below you vvv and then they take yours and offer more seed to who ever else wants them....

• Like 1

chef pretty much summed it up

Edited by danshaman

Oh, I get it.....

Sorry, once again, bear with me people.

Bogfrog, PM me your details.

Edited by EntheoAssassin

all good mate, i have never joined in on these threads as i never have seed..

it took me ages to understand it lol

Anyone have giant varietys of tomato? I was looking at some beefeater hybrids that weigh over a kilo ect

Lol cheers for explaining the purpose of all those VVVs Chef, I understood the general idea but now it makes more sense. I hope this thread takes off, such a wonderful idea.

bogfrog i will take your 30 Romanesco broccoli seeds, 30 lemongrass seeds and 30 purple dragon carrot seeds.

entheoassasin ta thanks i got your addy :) , shall send out your seeds in the next few days.

WWW gets 30 heirloom capsicum seeds and 30 organic lil gem mini cos seeds WWW

Edited by 7baz

Bumping this thread

bogfrog i will take your 30 Romanesco broccoli seeds, 30 lemongrass seeds and 30 purple dragon carrot seeds.

entheoassasin ta thanks i got your addy :) , shall send out your seeds in the next few days.

WWW gets 30 heirloom capsicum seeds and 30 organic lil gem mini cos seeds WWW

Thanks 7baz!

VVVVVVV gets 20x carica papaya seeds + 50x lemongrass seeds + 20x bhut jolokia seeds VVVVVVV

VVVVVVV gets 20x carica papaya seeds + 50x lemongrass seeds + 20x bhut jolokia seeds VVVVVVV

Papaya! Yoink!

This thread needs pinned..

VVVV gets various Chilli, cherimoya, okra and a buttload of other stuff thats at home VVVV

Papaya! Yoink!

This thread needs pinned..

VVVV gets various Chilli, cherimoya, okra and a buttload of other stuff thats at home VVVV

Please provide as much detail as possible for posterity.

Edited by EntheoAssassin

Uh yeah dude I will when I get home...

That was just off the top of my head, I'll edit later

Thanks centipede!

VVVVVVVVVV gets a whole lot of lemongrass, spinach, parsley and mint seeds.

Edited by donjuan

Yes please!

VVVVVV Gets some Heirloom stevia, Heirloom pumpkin, Heirloom corn, Heirloom Broccoli seeds VVVVVVV

Great Idea Baz. Fucking awesome Idea man. On a related topic, in my local paper a week or two ago I saw a story about this guy and his wife setting up a vege and seed swapping group. It made me happy!

cheers

Edited by Yawning Man
  • Like 1

i'll have those thanks man,

VVVVVVVVgets 10x Nitraria billardierei- Native Sea Plum, 20x Hibiscus subdantta- Rosella, Solanum central- Native Bush Tomato

(1x dried fruit cont.approx 15 seeds), 50 xAbelmoschus esculentus- Okra, 30 x Brassica oleracea var. acephala- Chou Moullier Kale VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edited by LokStok

Yes please!

VVVV Gets 15x organic rhubarb, 10x organic black cherry tomatoes, 20x organic red onion, 30x organic sorrel.