The Corroboree
bit

Flowers so far this year :)

Trichocereus Golden Confusion - this is a very tall and fat spacanius-like plant of unknown ID, grows to 2 metres (6 foot) or more. Flowers are not quite fully open in this pic

_MG_6036.jpg

Echinopsis Paramount Orange (Paramount nurseries)

_MG_6035.jpg

Echinopsis Red Monster (forgotten origin - possibly a local NZ hybridizer)

_MG_6026.jpg

Echinopsis Spachanius Tall + Fat clumper - grows to 1 metre or more, 20cm diameter

_MG_6022.jpg

Trichocereus Pseudocandicans

_MG_6020.jpg

Echinopsis Sorceress (Schick)

_MG_6015.jpg

• Like 10

sexy

Beautiful photos as always bit

Thanks for posting

Cheers

Got

I LOVE your photos Bit. Not only these, but your past ones too. They have a clarity, sharpness and vibrancy that just pops out of the screen.

Nice cacti too.

Edited by Alice

id be keen on any seed involving crosses of these ,beautiful colour

Echinopsis Red Monster - what a beauty. It really tickles me with its color saturation and spirals.

Thanks for sharing

:drool2: :drool2:

Have you ever given and special ladies in your life some cactus flowers bit? They're gorgeous flowers. If you gave them to a woman I reckon she'd hop right into bed with ya haha. Far out! AWESOME!

gorgeous

such amazing variety!

thanks!

i wonder, would you consider doing a high dynamic range series of pics of your flowers? i imagine that would bring them to another level.

Absolutely amazing

Thanks guys :) I hope you can look at the photos on a reasonable screen - they look good on my 24" HP screen, but I just realised on my HP Elitebook laptop they look freakin terrible.

wow just wow is all I can say except for this

I wish my Trichocereus or Echinopsis would flower xD

I really like the spider web in the last picture and the pink colour of those flowers is just beautiful

I hope you can look at the photos on a reasonable screen - they look good on my 24" HP screen

24" for me too, they look incredible.

Jwerta, two things can keep echinopsis from flowering. Well actually more but i think those two will do the trick in your case: More fertiliser and make sure they have a cold winter period. If you follow that, yours will flower too. Bye eg

• Like 1

my firste 'like' on the 'new' forum

Jwerta, two things can keep echinopsis from flowering. Well actually more but i think those two will do the trick in your case: More fertiliser and make sure they have a cold winter period. If you follow that, yours will flower too. Bye eg

thanks EG great advice as always xD

oh and would pot size effect the chances of flowering?

edit: to add a question

Edited by jwerta

Absolutely. Some Echinopsis and related cacti need smaller pots to flower. Not sure why this is. Maybe it decreases the amount of energy the plant puts in root system development and uses the energy to put out more flowers instead. Larger Trichos dont flower in too small pots so you just cant make a general rule out of it. Personally, i try to keep small clumping Echinopsis in small pots and large columnar Trichos in huge Pots. Btw, most modern growers fertilize a lot more than you would think they would. Some people that have an extreme seed output fertilize like every month or so within growing season. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Some Echinopsis and related cacti need smaller pots to flower

so you're saying then that those same plants grown in the wild will never flower?

sounds all kinda sketchy to me.....

gotta wonder how they survived thousands of years without a human provided small pot to flower in....

It wasnt meant like you interpreted it and its pretty obvious i was talking about potted cacti, not wild ones. In culture, some cacti flower better in smaller pots than in bigger ones. I´m really surpised you didnt know that. :wink:

Edited by Evil Genius