The Corroboree
ThunderIdeal

universal PM issue (how to PM without other party receiving)

when you see the red X near a conversation, the other party has deleted it from their inbox. you can delete it, or view it, but you can't send a reply.

if the other party deleted it using the button INSIDE the conversation, there will be no red X, and you WILL BE ABLE TO REPLY, but the other party WON'T SEE YOUR REPLIES.

at the top left of the conversation it shows who is in the conversation. if it says the other party has left the conversation, they won't get your replies.

how many messages have i sent in conversations there were already closed?

i nearly always delete in the conversation so i hate to think how many people have continued responding then decided i'm a rude, ignorant cunt?

furthermore, how many people have i told "i'm deleting this conversation now", and it doesn't show as being deleted on their side?

final issue, in the aforementioned top-left box which shows who is in the conversation, why is there a red "BLOCK" option underneath the name of one of my conversational partners but not the others?

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Yes that ' SABer(?) has left the conversation' is tricky and one,and should be looked for when sending a PM in an existing conversation, otherwise, as ThunderIdeal says, there may be some confusion. I have been caught out on that a few times too.

Well that explains some things! Thanks for pointing this out Thunder.

Good to know. :unsure: Wasnt aware of this at all and always wondered why i dont get a reply.

always wondered why i dont get a reply.

could be your holier than thou attitude?

i dont want you dont contact me anymore.

Zelly, i wasnt talking about you. Last time we spoke, you were way too rude and bitter for my taste. Dont need that in my life and i certainly wont let you treat me like shit for not doing what you want. I have real problems in my life and your hate for teotz is none of my business nor anywhere near my radar. If you have problems with teotz, fine. But im not here to boot the people you dont get along with. I only boot people that dont deserve being here and i am known for even giving unpopular people a chance. The fact that it didnt work out with Teotz was his very own fault and i wont take shit for it from you because we did what we could to help Quezalt to get his stuff. You know, its always easy to bitch about a situation when the mess is over. But we were negotiating between Quezalt and Teotz for months and when it finally got to the point when teotz didnt deserve the chance we gave him anymore, we booted him. But that´s a choice that we made on our own. I make my choices, i live with em. And so do you. So does everyone.

And btw, i am not the one with the attitude here. I dont know whats going on with you recently but did you actually realize that half of your latest post are about what people do wrong, how bad they are listening to their plants and what you dont like about the way we deal with things? I really hope you stop spraying all this negativity because you used to be a good guy and it hurts to see you acting like this. Whats sad about it is that you have the skills and the knowledge to do something good with your potential. I really hope you can leave that bitter and sarcastic undertone in your posts behind. It doesnt suit you. Get well soon and try to find that friendly person you used to be.

Edited by Evil Genius

Zelly, i wasnt talking about you. Last time we spoke, you were way too rude and bitter for my taste. Dont need that in my life and i certainly wont let you treat me like shit for not doing what you want. I have real problems in my life and your hate for teotz is none of my business nor anywhere near my radar. If you have problems with teotz, fine. But im not here to boot the people you dont get along with. I only boot people that dont deserve being here and i am known for even giving unpopular people a chance. The fact that it didnt work out with Teotz was his very own fault and i wont take shit for it from you because we did what we could to help Quezalt to get his stuff. You know, its always easy to bitch about a situation when the mess is over. But we were negotiating between Quezalt and Teotz for months and when it finally got to the point when teotz didnt deserve the chance we gave him anymore, we booted him. But that´s a choice that we made on our own. I make my choices, i live with em. And so do you. So does everyone.

And btw, i am not the one with the attitude here. I dont know whats going on with you recently but did you actually realize that half of your latest post are about what people do wrong, how bad they are listening to their plants and what you dont like about the way we deal with things? I really hope you stop spraying all this negativity because you used to be a good guy and it hurts to see you acting like this. Whats sad about it is that you have the skills and the knowledge to do something good with your potential. I really hope you can leave that bitter and sarcastic undertone in your posts behind. It doesnt suit you. Get well soon and try to find that friendly person you used to be.

I dont suppose its your holier than thou attitude that compels you to post in the public forum content that was strictly intended as a PRIVATE Message ??

The very least you could do is at least get the content right, but no, that doesn't serve your purpose or agenda. Heaven forbid should it appear your terds of wisdom stink to high heaven.

Not once in our PM did I say I hated teotz,

Not once in our PM did I ask you to boot anybody,

Not once in our PM did I mention anything about the trade with teotz & quetzalt,

Not once in our PM did I ask you to do a gawd-damn-thing.

But certainly dont let those things stop you from slandering me, no you have a bigger agenda.

You cannot be bothered with facts or truth, you are about manipulating opinions to suit your evil purposes.

And to refresh your selective memory, the only thing that could be construed as 'rude & bitter' would be what I said in our PRIVATE Messages:

-you are so full of shit it's frightening.

But, as they say, Truth Hurts, I suppose that's what got you all riled up.

Trust me, had I known you were such a fragile, thin-skinned, easily manipulated marionette, I wouldn't have bothered to PM you in the first place.

I suppose being a mod at sab means you don't have to play by the same rules & standards imposed upon everyone else; that its perfectly ok to publicly slander & libel someone who you felt was 'rude & bitter' towards you in a PRIVATE Message.

You have my permission to post the entire PM exchange in it's entirety, do I have your permission to do so?

Let everybody see what was said & just as important, what wasn't said or implied.

Let everyone see just how full of shit you really are.

You weren't satisfied to let sleeping dogs lay, no you had to publicly libel & slander me to make you look holier than thou.

Truly sad that you feel a need to belittle someone else in order to feel good about yourself.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

And you know something else? If you dont like my posts, why dont you just put me on ignore?

Or you can do the cowardly thing & anonymously neg them, that seems to empower you.

why the need for the jerkocity zelly?

i thought american-australian-german relations where going swimmingly?

eg has a prick of a job here, without plebocites harranging him publicly.

if u dont like the way he moderates take it up with t.

we dont want to read your horseshit.

• Like 3

i hope this doesn't draw attention away from what i figured was a very important thread. people need to know about this and maybe it's something that could be investigated and fixed, or some better warning be put in place than this thread.

if amazonian hadn't explained it to me i would have thought unreceived PMs were just anomalies.

I swear there were comments after Thunders last post 4 hours ago.

Yes i am taking this discussion into the private because it destroys the thread and only worsens the actual problem. Talking publically rarely solved a problem so i messaged zelly to avoid any further drama. I would appreciate seeing the other off topic posts being deleted too but have no problem leaving it like this either. I am trying to break the cycle before this all turns into a unnecessary shitfight that no one of us actually wants. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius