The Corroboree
naja naja

OMG, didn't any1 realise?

o.k. well I was having a shower as one does, and while doing so reminising of days gone by. it occured to me that my birthday was the w,end before EGA in 07" yeah no big deal, nice b'day prezzy for myself, then I freaked! I was like WTF, OMG, this is going to be noisy!!!! and rainy :wink: Make sure u bring ear plugs!! Because the one thing I remember above all else at EGA 07" More than the talks, the experiences, the wonderful people and friends made. Is anybody with me yet? The Cicada's!!! And I don't mean those wussy ones we have in W.A. These mofo's are enormous! And man, talk about loud, it seemed they competed with the PA's and got louder to compensate, turn the PA up and then they would just get louder! I am in mixed emotions of this, I love them and find them facinating, that constant noise was sumwat concious altering by itself. Also that dejavu feeling of good times past is really nice. So I am happy, but also bracing for the onslaught to my ear drums.

Ofcourse, with weather changing from year to year and insects going on weather cycles more than calendar cycles, chances are they won't be like 07", but yeah, just incase they are. pack sum earplugs. :P

Peace

naja

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 1

Wow. Thanks for the tip.

I love when cicadas do that thing where they make their buzz at random intervals and then they all seem to go into synch and then slowly roll out of synch again.

hehe, it'll be my bday at EGA this year :D

Wow. Thanks for the tip.

I love when cicadas do that thing where they make their buzz at random intervals and then they all seem to go into synch and then slowly roll out of synch again.

gets a bit weirder still, perhaps, when you are driving down a track at reasonable speed.

Meh, I have tinnitus anyways, cicadas always be buzzin in my ears.

Sweet cicada excrement on the other hand, maybe I'll pack a raincoat.

Was'nt as bad in 09 though.

Edited by shruman

Cicadas are never too loud. Some of the ones we heard in India on the other hand, they were rather intense:

First time I've uploaded to Youtube, so it's a little glitchy for some reason...

• Like 1

dude, what a vid,

excellent work. some "artists" would get 20,000 grants to come up with something like that :rolleyes:

Give me a break, it was recorded with the camera solely to record the sound. Actually, to be fair, I think my girlfriend took it. Point is, the footage really has nothing to do it.

did you think i was having a go at you?

not the case at all, i enjoyed it

• Like 1

Oh right, my bad. Crazy sounding insects!

I particularly liked the woman who claimed that eating the dried cicada piss would enable you to 'vibrate' at the 'frequency' of the cicadas.

that year was a bumper cicada year... they fluctuate a fair bit from year to year so it may not be such an issue as that this year... is hard to say

I have been to site over the last couple of weeks 2 times and there have been non to date that i could hear, but the sun is set to shine and if it get hot i think they will come out but nothing like that 2007 madness :BANGHEAD2:

where set for beautiful weather, the site looks totally stunning. Cannot wait to have a swim in the lake.

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

where set for beautiful whether, the site looks totally stunning. Cannot wait to have a swim in the lake.

I had a look at the extended weather forecast for Strathbogie Ranges and it says as low as 5 deg' on Friday night,,,,,, brrr!! Pack warm clothes peeps :)

ok, that cold, well let’s see how that develops, more true conditions will be apparent on Tuesday as we get closer to the weekend. Might be having the fires going after all thne, we can only have two but we can have the cranking.

it looks like it will rain wed/thus and then clear up, that area does not get much rain, even when it dose it is not to much rain so we are not to stressed. In all my time on site over the years it has only rain there once when i have been there.

Well the Cicadas may not be out then at all after all.

i am on site an there has only been 1 lone Cicada so far, no big deal yet B)

they just started at my house (queensland) this afternoon.

jesus christ can one cicada (local species) make some god damn noise.

I was able to get it in a few small area's during 09", I'll show u my top spot aslong as u don't show me ur sex video :P

i am on site an there has only been 1 lone Cicada so far, no big deal yet B)

Ronny can you get Telstra 3G reception on site?

This is what i was going to ask ^ ^ . So i too am keen to know. ( or Optus ?)

I was able to get it in a few small area's during 09",

^ I might have to get you to show me the area for network coverage naja naja. Not saying that i cant live without contact with the outside world....but.... i think i still might need my SAB fix???? :P

i think i still might need my SAB fix???? :P

I thought that EGA was a real-life SAB forum? I might have to rig up some sort of button on my t-shirt that I can keep manically clicking in lieu of the "View New Content" button on here.

:lol: ^

I actually have to be contactable, you know...... with the Husband left in charge of the kids.... he will need to ring me to ask how to turn the oven on ???????? :P

• Like 1

:lol: ^

I actually have to be contactable, you know...... with the Husband left in charge of the kids.... he will need to ring me to ask how to turn the oven on ???????? :P

LOL!

Maybe he can call my wife for help. There should be an EGA Partner's Support Group.