The Corroboree
Torsten

DMT & Schoolies

Despite what Julian advises about no one gettig busted for Acacia extracts / DMT, it is definitely on the law enforcement horizon......

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/11/08/363985_gold-coast-schoolies.html

Schoolies warned of herbal party drugs

Jessica Elder | November 8th, 2011

SENIOR Gold Coast police are warning schoolies to play it safe and stay away from potentially deadly over-the-counter herbal party drugs.

The caution comes after a man was arrested for selling DMT on the Coast last week.

DMT, also known as black wattle or dreamtime mix, is a herbal plant extract that when ingested or injected gives a hallucinogenic effect.

The drug, which until six months ago was freely sold in alternative stores, has now been outlawed.

An internal notice has been circulated through all Gold Coast police stations alerting officers to its presence on city streets and detective Chris Toohey said police would target the sale of DMT during Schoolies..

Other potent herbal party drugs are still readily available, including "Empathy -- The Love", which is said to have psychedelic effects and referred to as "legal ecstasy".

Users have complained of suffering vomiting and fevers.

Gold Coast CIB detective Tim Tresize said it was difficult to police unregistered herbal drugs.

"There are dangerous legal drugs on the market and school leavers need to use their heads and stay away from them," he said.

• Like 1

Well I guess Jessica Elder has done her bit to support the local Legal pill industry, lol.

Anyway, most of those kids would be scared off drugs for good if they had a good dose of DMT.

Peace

anyone selling dmt to young uneducated children needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

• Like 4

It's not the greatest work of journalism. I wouldn't be too confident that we can actually learn much from the article.

btw, some of you may have heard rumours that I have been dealing with legal issues the last week. Now I come here and post this as my first post back, LOL. I just want to make sure that no one thinks that the two are connected.

I should be able to provide most details within a couple of weeks. It's a fascinating case and will completely baffle many of you - same as it baffled me. But is best not talked about till then.

It's not the greatest work of journalism. I wouldn't be too confident that we can actually learn much from the article.

It's actually factually wrong on many levels. DMT has been illegal for decades rather than being 'now outlawed'. It hasn't been available as described since about July 2008.

As for empathy, there are plenty of reports of people getting nausea from it [mostly due to mixing with alcohol], but Ray has never told me about anyone getting fevers [we often discuss adverse reactions of HHH products to see how they can be minimised]. And it certainly isn't psychedelic.

• Like 1

yay for the abundance of good journalism everywhere, always.

i think it's been said before here on the corroboree, but i think it would be a good idea to send all articles like this to media watch and if one can be bothered, reference to things that show how incorrect and propagandist these articles are.

• Like 4

double post

Edited by chnt

Empathy? LMFAO is that like xtc but more understanding? :lol:

• Like 1

yeah i'm a sucker for mysteries

I really doubt this is anything but a bluff I find it hard to believe that anyone is selling this to kids @ schoolies..

Don't quote me implying i was talking about the ethics of it. DMT is a chemical that would be so out of place at schoolies that i find it difficult to believe you would find it in a place like that.. When i was there a few years ago it was just booze booze and pills. Nothing spiritual about any of it.

Edited by Kee

"DMT, also known as black wattle or dreamtime mix, is a herbal plant extract that when ingested or injected gives a hallucinogenic effect."

Yes rather crapily researched article, if you ingest DMT or dreamtime mix it is broken down by MAO & will give you no halucinogenic effect. & as for injecing dreamtime mix good fuckin luck. Mongs

"There are dangerous legal drugs on the market and school leavers need to use their heads and stay away from them"

Why is'nt this article about alcohol & tobacco then :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I really doubt this is anything but a bluff I find it hard to believe that anyone is selling this to kids

Just for the record, I have no real moral conviction one way or the other about people who sell party & psychodelic drugs to a bunch of 18 year olds that have just finished high school. As far as I’m concerned there’s just so much more important things going on in the world to worry about.

But why would giving them DMT be anymore immoral than giving them alcohol? You know a large majority of these schoolies are having their alcohol supplied to them by there own parents (or a friends parent). Where’s the big out cry about that?

I mean lets look at it logically, give them DMT and the worst thing that will happen is there entire perception of reality will be annihilated for about 10 minutes, then they will learn the hard way to never treat a new drug with a grain of salt ever again. Give them alcohol and violence, rape, toxic effects and death all become a very possible outcome.

It never ceases to amaze me how ingrained the preconceived belief is by the westerner mind about how alcohol is completely moral and safe yet all other recreational drugs must be dangerous and immoral.

Peace

• Like 9

because DMT and "other psychedelics" are very powerfull and I would go as far as to say sacred.

(hypothetically)There are some adults i would not give a good dose of hallucinogenic drugs too due to their mental composition or mental immaturity.

Then again, im sure that there are some 17-18 yr olds who would be ready for the experience.

But selling these special substances indiscrminately for profit, to people unkown to you IMHO is irresponsible and does not pay homage to the respect these drugs deserve.

*edit - i never condoned or mentioned alchohol and perhaps worst case scenario... give them dmt... they research half assed and decide to mess with MAO and oral ingestion.... get the dose wrong and take 10X the recommended dose - unexperienced with no sitter in the totally wrong environment. that would be slightly worse than a ten minute hyper blast

Edited by tipz

DMT, also known as black wattle or dreamtime mix, is a herbal plant extract that when ingested or injected gives a hallucinogenic effect.

The drug, which until six months ago was freely sold in alternative stores, has now been outlawed.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA

HILARIOUS

dmt was legal until 6 months ago hahaha wat the fuck

get ya facts straight dumbass fukin journo's

i actually no a guy who got busted with dmt probly goin on 2 yrs ago now

and i think they said it was the first time anyone in australia or western australia atleast

had been caught with it the cops pretty much had no idea wat it was

i no the guy cos i went to school with him

he is a fuckwit who i have never liked and the dodgy cunt was just selling it to anyone & everyone

and ofcourse a few people ended up in hospital freaking out thinking they were going to die

and one of em obviously opened thier mouth so he got done

i think the problem with DMT is that people really have no idea how powerful the stuff is

theres to many young people out there that will just take anything to get fucked up and have no idea wat it is

young people that are like hell yeh lets get fucked up without realising they're

about to blown into a whole new fukin dimension

because DMT and "other psychedelics" are very powerfull and would go as far as to say sacred.

So by sacred, do you mean elite psychedelic users should only use the substance? That just sounds like a more open-minded form of prohibition & discrimination to me.

(Hypothetically) I think people who are perceived as mentally unstable by society benefit the most from DMT. I probably do agree about it not being good for people that are mentally immature, but they would probably just get nothing from it, hate the shit and never touch it again, no harm done.

Now LSD is a completely different story, since once done there’s no coming back for at least 8 hours, lol.

Peace

• Like 1

So by sacred, do you mean elite psychedelic users should only use the substance? That just sounds like a more open-minded form of prohibition & discrimination to me.

(Hypothetically) I think people who are perceived as mentally unstable by society benefit the most from DMT. I probably do agree about it not being good for people that are mentally immature, but they would probably just get nothing from it, hate the shit and never touch it again, no harm done.

Now LSD is a completely different story, since once done there’s no coming back for at least 8 hours, lol.

Peace

Perhaps sacred was the wrong choice of word.

Im kind of inclined to believe new users should be initiated by an experienced peer... I know it will never always happen this way due to the construct of our society. But thats how it always used to be didn't it ? I too believe that it should be shared more amongst society. But not just thrown in "every letterbox on the street so to speak."

And how is LSD different in intensity or duration from from say an extremely large amount of subs or plant brews ?

Just for the record, I have no real moral conviction one way or the other about people who sell party & psychodelic drugs to a bunch of 18 year olds that have just finished high school. As far as I’m concerned there’s just so much more important things going on in the world to worry about.

But why would giving them DMT be anymore immoral than giving them alcohol? You know a large majority of these schoolies are having their alcohol supplied to them by there own parents (or a friends parent). Where’s the big out cry about that?

I mean lets look at it logically, give them DMT and the worst thing that will happen is there entire perception of reality will be annihilated for about 10 minutes, then they will learn the hard way to never treat a new drug with a grain of salt ever again. Give them alcohol and violence, rape, toxic effects and death all become a very possible outcome.

It never ceases to amaze me how ingrained the preconceived belief is by the westerner mind about how alcohol is completely moral and safe yet all other recreational drugs must be dangerous and immoral.

Peace

Not sure why you quoted me, i wasn't implying anything ethical/moral about it. I just find it difficult to believe that there was a correlation between schoolies and DMT. In fact I read the story again, it only states that they found a guy selling DMT on the Gold Coast - no relation to schoolies - in fact schoolies hasn't even started yet? Then the second paragraph is about 'saving the children' at schoolies. Am i the only who see's this as a smudge campaign or what? Comparable to a news station running a story on immigration policy then a synchronized lead-in to a story about ethnic gangs.

I was implying in my post that schoolies is a party and DMT would be a very faux-pas chemical for a place like schoolies thus i find it hard to believe the correlation and the journalism is misleading.

For what it's worth I agree with you post about alcohol and am a little offended you jumped down my throat so quickly about "preconceived western beliefs" which i'm assuming you were directing at me?

And how is LSD different in intensity or duration from from say an extremely large amount of subs or plant brews ?

I personally think shrooms are fairly mild compared to LSD, there just seems to be a limit to the intensity of the effects before they just start making you nauseated.

As for the brews, well I’ve never actually mixed a MAO inhibitor with DMT, so I couldn’t tell ya. I’m actually waiting till I can be “initiated by an experienced peer”, lol.

Peace

I personally think shrooms are fairly mild compared to LSD, there just seems to be a limit to the intensity of the effects before they just start making you nauseated.

I agree. Some say they have more chance of a 'bad trip' on shrooms than lsd, but I think lsd has an intensity that is much more likely to bring on a panic attack. Also there is a huge difference in duration. I have heard that cubes can have a longer lasting 'glow' than subs, but the profound effects of both are all but gone at T+4 hrs. LSD has been known to still be going strong at T+12hrs or more depending on dosage.

On 60 minutes tonight there is a story on legal highs. Looks like it could be done well and unbiased.

Not to completely derail the thread...

if nausea is your ceiling point try and dissociate from your body, I find once I get to that point words don't do much justice to what happens. I can't really explain... but when I have felt physically unwell on mushrooms i've just gone into the fetal position and left my physical body so I no longer feel the sensation, you come back 150% better.

DMT bogans :rolleyes:, reminds me of when you guys say people smoke changa and start fights :blink:

On 60 minutes tonight there is a story on legal highs. Looks like it could be done well and unbiased.

yeah, just saw the add a few minutes ago. who even watches this shit? i'll admit to watching TT and ACA once in a while for the lolz, but to be informed?... it worries me.

Edited by mooms

60 Minutes is in a waaay different category to TT and ACA lol

60 Minutes is in a waaay different category to TT and ACA lol

Three "a"s might be going a bit far :rolleyes:

• Like 4