The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Slybacon

Gearlobe DnB/Tech Step Productions

I like that a lot. Very tidy and probably one of the best things Ive heard on in this forum thus far (although I did also like that Alien guy that posted once).

I like how you get the discorded sort of melody and some of the other textured sounds that make it sound quite professional (and the fact that you had thought about the track long enough to get what needed to be added and where).

Reminds a little of Concorde Dawn maybe but probably only because it has the required nasty edge to it. the sound that my wife says makes her anxious but for me makes me want to move a lot.

decent d+b I would happily dance to. well made

I prefer it faster and more fucked up, but hey, I prefer everything a bit faster and more fucked up, so, dont mind me!

Yeah, nicely put together.

I got out of the jungle scene when the music started shifting towards DnB cos I found the beats too long winded and the atmosphere too unfriendly. It took me a long time to appreciate the newer style and it's never quite clicked with me, but I did enjoy your track for the most part.

There is a section towards the end with a really nice 1/16 note synth line... I would have loved to hear that earlier in the track and then had it revisited at the end. I tend to find that my brain likes hearing things a second time, especially if I'm high and dancing my ass off. Things can get as dark and nasty as they want but to be able to latch onto a familiar sound can bring you back from the edge of the abyss.

I did like the juxtaposition of the tinkly bell type synth against the darkness of the rest of the track. Interesting atmospherics... really implied another realm. Drums were well programmed.... not so sure about the X-Files sample.

But fuck I loved that bit at 3:46.

http://soundcloud.com/gearlobe/shunt-bucket

Rab - This has a bit more Synth work in it towards the end I think you'll appreciate. Trying to keep a good journey to my tracks, probably influenced from my Psy trance background. Thanks for the comments. I hope you all enjoy my second attempt at DnB.

`Boom

Sly

Nice work. I dig the second song more. Seems to be more layers and varied. The first one gets a bit too samey IMO

Looking forward to hearing more, thanks for sharing

^^^ Thanks, Yes I agree. Once I get about 90mins I'll get remix them for release taking on board the feedback I get. Playing live is a lot different as well, as you just have sections of all your tracks available and you can varyt he sound based on the crowd response. I'm hoping to have enough for a Live set and an EP by the end of January.

hey I prefer this a lot more too!

nice work.

cool darker parts and melodies on this one

3rd Track Demo uploaded. My flat mate just bought a new Korg TR so after he went to bed i through this track together on it. I called it Forest of the impaled as it reminded me of the beautiful moments amongst absolute horror if that makes sense. Inspired a lot by DJ hidden on this track. Hope you enjoy only started this one yesterday.

impaled.jpg

Nice work. I dont go much on the sound that comes in around 00:11 and repeats through various parts. Maybe its just too loud or maybe its just me. Its easier on the ears when it goes into the lower notes.

Its nice to see the progression of your songs and the different flavours. Liking the hard drums. Keep it up :)

I dont go much on the sound that comes in around 00:11 and repeats through various parts. Maybe its just too loud or maybe its just me.

It is probably EQ’ed to loud. I ran it hot straight of the synth and played it live. It was the first time we hooked the synth up and we could only get signal through mono, which ment I had to EQ it up to get it to balance with the rest of the track. When I get home I’ll pull the very top of the noise out. My monitors are only cheap and the room is cement floor which makes the EQing very tricky. That’s why I rely on feedback from peeps various systems.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it a lot. The hard drums is a direct influence from DJ hidden, I guess it’s a Hybrid of DnB, Dark Step and Hardcore. Hidden is definitely taking things in new directions. Thanks, I’m glad you liked it, the EP will feature these songs a lot more polished and mastered properly.

Yea nice one indeed. It tickles my fancy. You should swing it or another one up the on the Audial Corroborii... Psillybean will hook you up :-)

Limited Downloads finished. Set now unavailable.

Edited by Slybacon

Gearlobe - Dark Sky (165bpm) DnB

double-personality3.jpg?w=468

http://soundcloud.com/gearlobe/dark-skys-teaser

love the stereo and Bpm changes in this track, came together fairly quick and tried some nice little tricks to clean the sound up as nice as possible. Pretty happy with the production on this one. Quick teaser. Free Download.

Edited by Slybacon

I just listened to the one in your sig kinda by accident.. fucking niiiiiiice

It had a sorta infected mushroom feel to me at the start, thought it was gonna turn into trance.

the song however i found to be rather trance inducing.. just the right amount of repitition done to the perfect slow bpm.

i'll have to listen to your other stuff now

Thanks. I think the canvass on which the painting is placed is just as important as whats painted on it. Texture really adds to an atmosphere and carries you away with your eyes closed or open. Pretty much finished my EP now just need to get it mastered by someone with more experience in that field. So lloking forward to Amon Tobin in June. Big Inspiration in my productions :) Peace

• Like 1

Authencity is whjat makes your music stand out - and what most music now days does not have. You cant contrive that so well done.