The Corroboree
Bridgeman

Are there aya ceromonies in oz ?

Not narc,

Anyways I think if anyone did perform Ayahuasca ceremonies in Australia they would be close guarded by their 'keepers' whether they choose to believe they are 'Shamans' or use that label is really no ones call, but considering there is no Aya history in Australia and there is no shamans to act as a vessel for these plant teachers there is no relevant spiritual conectiveness to Australia and I would not lable them shamans.

Unless these aussiehuasca 'Shamans' were born and brought up in a culture where ayahuasca ceremonies were part of a community religous pratice and were taught by an authentic shaman who leads the community ceremonies like a priest I would not refer to them as shamans. You wouldn't call yourself a priest if you looked up a Tek on how to baptise someone?

Where as if the Aussiehuasca shamans where able to take in people and show them the workings of ayahuasca in a positive healing way then I would consider them a teacher, and wouldn't mind going to school ever again.

I also believe to become a 'Shaman' one must have strict dietary and materialistic restrictions, I know of no place in australia where one could sufficiently live like this without first setting up a permaculture community free of leagal restrictions. then and only then could ayahuasca ceremonies be partaken in by community members to solve family and social issues affecting the commune and I would consider calling the teacher a 'Shaman'

Facilitators?, to ceremony and ritual are man made and when the Plants are teaching all I can do is to sit up and come back to breath and posture

Facilitator is the word I use... people who call themselves shamans are generally on a trip.

Alan Shoemaker said he only knows of one or two people in the whole of South America, he would even call "shaman". The word and label is largely a western cultural myth.

In South America, you have vegetalistas and curanderos, they are more like pharmacists of the jungle than heroic, super spiritual beings that people would like to think they are. But of course, they play up to people's projections of what they think they should be.

In places like the UK, people have so many cultural illusions and egotism, that it really breeds a culture of charlatanism. Some of the Aussie facilitators here, come off as "pure gold" compared to them and so are often sought after in places like the UK.

Julian.

• Like 1

The term shaman does not specifically have anything to to with ayahuasca culture. You can find shamans in mongolia, africa, the pacific isles, and im pretty sure theres no aya ritual there.

• Like 1

>julian i would like to hear u explain ur statement that members with over 1000 posts are narcs.

Look, if its your job to be a narc, you are going to be a "pro" about it and look the part.

wtf julian? you have bamboozled me.

what does a narc look like?

your a narc, how do you like that? :P

nah i agree, the inititial poster was just asking a question, i think at times we can be a little rash with newbies. a little tact can go a long way.

*exits rediculous discussion*

Hey, I'm not a narc, I'm a triple agent! Actually, there was a rumour going around a couple of years ago that I was a narc and a lot of supposedly intelligent people believed it, especially the narcs ;-)

Point is, if they are doing their job right, the narc is going to blend in and look the part. Their job is to fit in and look the part and for you to not spot them.

Blending in and looking the part takes hundreds of hours. More than a thousand posts? And all of them have to be structured around a personality - so they don't seem too disjointed.

You could, in the same amount of time, Sign up for 50 forums (I understand there aren't that many good ethno forums in Oz, but hypothetically...) post a couple of times and ask a question like this, and hope for some people who don't think it through. I guess if you really want to get people, you'd be doing both at once.

Not saying that anyone here is a "narc" - that would just be how I'd go about it if it were me.

I understand there aren't that many good ethno forums in Oz,

what are you talking about?

Australia is the only country that actually has ethno forums! (maybe there is one in Germany?)

How many other relevant forums are there in the world...no more than a dozen I can think of.

LIKE I SAID, there are people whose full job there is to do this work. And that is not just one person. And that is in some states!

Julian.