The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Zornia latiffolia

I must make a correction on Zornia latifolia. I have purchased this from three different sources and the differences between the products makes me wonder whether some have the wrong plant or something??

The first two times did nothing other than a pleasant enough smoke. Infact Id say that on one of these occasions Id get more from a mild cigerette.

Enter Shaman Australis...

I am not going to say much here - Im keen to hear what other people think after smoking this plant from T's stock before I give much more detail. The plant looks interesting dried, has a sharp distinct smell when burnt that is unique - maybe a little like Heimia. Taste of the smoke is quite pleasant and the smoke lingers in the room.

But everything about this one suggests a different substance - that sinking, relaxed feeling, the distraction, cold feet and hands, perhaps bloodshot eyes, even the sudden appetite kick in.

Definately milder, but definately quite pleasantly active.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

I have been led to believe that one must familiarise oneself with this plant a bit first before full effects can be felt. I have also heard that this plant may have some sort of reverse tolerance type of effect.

I myself have only used this herb smoked in a blend, which to me seemed to have little effect beyond effects that one would attribute to the inhalation of any burnt material.

I'm interested to hear if this reverse tolerance theory is supported in the experiences of others

I can confirm that it has no anti-inflammatory properties and that it makes you wake up tired. (Nothing two coffees didnt fix).

Pm me if you'd like more info. thanks

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

Just learn how to specifically identify the plant and grow your own or take pictures and make sure of the ID. If you have the real thing and are growing it and using it to become familiar with it you will get wonderful effects. This is true with most reputed psychoactive plants though some are milder than others.

I doubt it would grow well where I am - given that it likes warmth and sun whereas I have cold and shade :)

You'd be surprised... try it!

Our herb is imported from mexico. Whether it is 100% correctly IDed I can't be sure, but we know that it is harvested by the people who also consume it. So even if it is not properly IDed, it is still what the locals think of as what their traditional smoke is.

I also have some seed, so we will be growing it this season. The live plant pics will help with ID.

Experiment but be careful!

It is used when cannabis is not available or when they can't afford it and is used in much the same way, ie daily.

After reading my previous post I realised that it sounded like our ID was vague. Far from it. We were provided with detailed live plant images and we also have a good look at the dried material. I am confident of the correct ID. But obviously there are limits with such material which is why I prefer live plants.

I know this is also the material that is sold overseas as Zornia as the wholesaler is a friend of mine. So if there are reports on other forums then they would match with this material.

sowed a few zornia seed around a month ago no luck yet has anyone had success germinating these?

I had one seed put of four germinate, seeds were from herbalistics I think. Had to keep them in high humidity in a takeaway food container for a couple of weeks, with some GA3. the seedling is about three weeks old now - small but healthy. I will put photos up in the next couple of days.

I also got some herbage and had a go, but it was ground to a fine powder and was hard to pack cones - left me and a mate feeling lightly stoned with no paranoia

Also keep an eye out as I am possibly moving country In the next 6 months so unfortunaltly for me (luckily fir some one else) I will have to sell it

fwiw-

I planted some Zornia latifolia seeds I had acquired in a long forgotten trade, the seeds were at least a yr old when planted. They germed in a humidity dome and were incredibly slow growing.

post-3765-0-71605800-1318949661_thumb.jp

post-3765-0-04743000-1318949701_thumb.jp

post-3765-0-71605800-1318949661_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-04743000-1318949701_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-71605800-1318949661_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-04743000-1318949701_thumb.jpg

I'm so glad somebody is growing it! More people show attempt to get plants or seeds and to confirm their identity!

fwiw-

I planted some Zornia latifolia seeds I had acquired in a long forgotten trade, the seeds were at least a yr old when planted. They germed in a humidity dome and were incredibly slow growing.

post-3765-0-71605800-1318949661_thumb.jp

post-3765-0-04743000-1318949701_thumb.jp

Mine are slow as well. How old are the seedlings in the pictures?

Edited by Paradoxical

first pic, maybe a month in the humidity dome while the seeds germinated, 2nd pic maybe 6-7 weeks after transplanting the seedling plug.

the plants were just too damn frail for my growing environment & eventually died, never making it much beyond whats shown in the pics

the thought occurred to me that as slow as the plant grows, I'd be in my grave before I had an opportunity to bio assay it.

Im bioassaying right now... Once again...

Keen to know how it goes! :wink:

Its a strange plant. Its one of those substances that makes you feel a certain way, then kinda ordinary so you smoke more to get over the negative kinda deal. My friend experienced this first and then over last weekend so did I. Nice plant though but i think a habit would turn kinda negative rather than positive.

I've been working with zornia recently.

I found it to be mild but definitely active, seems to me to work more effectively in a physical sense than in a mental sense. Effects became more pronounced the more times I smoked, though this may be attributable to becoming more aware of what to look for. Effects do not seem to gain too much strength if more is smoked, several pipefuls seemed to produce the same effects that one pipeful.

Not bad for mj cravings

Yeah Id agree, its definately active but in a way that is kind of unassuming. A very effective muscle relaxant after heavy labour or for muscle spasms. So I know what you mean by being mainly physical but I dont know if thats totally it - it just lacks that kind of mental insight thing or strange way of thinking you get with MJ. Its just kinda there. It tastes pleasant and seems to become more active with use.

If im star gazing it kinda just focuses my mind whereas something like Lactuca virosa extract makes things more interesting.

It works wonders with alcohol - Some dudes at the pub went out to burn a joint and we pulled out our zornia. they went all quiet, we got all dancy and celebraty.