The Corroboree
parzival

Legislation conerning ethnobotanicals

I heard about a nasty law they were trying to introduce, which would render many many plants illegal. I have since heard nothing about it. Did it suffer a crushing defeat? please say yes.

Quickly looking in the legal forum has one of the main threads of relevance

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26539&st=550

So as far as i'm aware and understand, it's past the submission stage, now we wait for their move and response after accounting for and reviewing the submissions in relation to their proposed legislation.

I'm not aware that anyone here could fully answer your question, you'd have to talk to the authorities and ask them how they are going with it, which you probably wouldn't get a proper answer anyway. It hasn't gone away if that's what you are asking, afaik.

Just my opinion, though i reckon one of two things, they will drop legislation in when there is a lull in social drama to solidify their propaganda regarding dangers of substances and ultimate society protection, or they will drop legislation during hectic public times so majority of people have no idea, no care and no reaction, smooth sailing for ultimate erosion of human rights. wow that was insightful gerbil, it's either put it in the face of the public or hide it from the public, i guess in a 50 50 world either is possible so my comment is pointless, it's like if you hold your breath you can't breathe, it's one or the other, unless ya want a third mixed option, though more complex ratios are as known outcomes as a 50 50 outcome anyway, to paraphrase my comment is stating the obvious and meaningless haha

Edited by gerbil
  • Like 3

Does that mean its high time to stock up on ethno seeds? Gosh, I thought Australia was already being enough of a hard ass with the current list of prohibited things as well as the painfully strict customs regulations. Is there any good way we can combat the movement of this proposed legislation?

• Like 1

edit rant aint productive :)

Edited by gerbil
  • Like 1

edit rant aint productive :)

i liked both your rants, luckily i opened the tab before you edited the 2nd one out.

i was gonna post your rant but unfortunately i reloaded the page before i knew i shouldn't have.

be well

glad you got something out of it, was edited a fair bit, had directions and relevance, but i suppose i wasn't comfortable with it in the legal forum, as after a while it can dilute threads away from more precise legal info.

I suppose i just meant, these things have serious social consequences and people just don't seem to care, so after a while people who do care, stop caring, due to brick wall phenonenom.

The impact these sorts of laws have, directly restricts the capability of life. Keeping genetics going is excellent, though stocking up doesn't stop the potential for your human rights to be violated, because the legislation still exists.

Educate yourself then educate those around you, help people that need help and communicate what is going on, cultural ruts are hard to change, but our society is sick and we are blinkered so much we actually actively promote it as a majority.

For legislation like the proposed to even be proposed let alone administered completely leaves me lost for words, we use psychological wars to keep the masses in line, lie about substance effects through bias information selection and distribution, yet if the masses took a step back, the hypocrisy of enforcement and supporting attitudes is scarily embarrassing to our entire society.

anyway it's turning back into an edit lol

gardenfreedom

Here is a great summation of where things are at. Highly recommended reading. ( sorry if this link is being repeated )

• Like 1

Sorry to be a threadomancer but interesting link tipz I'll try to get the word out. Seems rather ridiculous they'd be considering banning all of the Brugmansia and Datura genus. Anybody with two brain cells would know not to go near em' without proper education in the matter.

The closing date for submissions is 11 March 2011.

any other info on this? little worried, it looks like my Nan may be up for some serious cultivation charges

How can they expect to prohibit so many phalaris species

And in psychotria they only list viridis and alba to be in the legislation what aabout P.nexus and cartha

A.phlebophylla - conservation status??

what the, they're are off their trees, literally

And in psychotria they only list viridis and alba to be in the legislation

shhhh dont do there job for them. EDIT quick :P

Psychotria 'nexus' is not a recognised botanical species. It's a horticultural hybrid.

But anyway - the list they gave was just an example or suggestion of the species that 'may' be scheduled. It shouldn't be taken as inclusive or exclusive.

note they state "all dmt containing plants", meaning i doesn't matter what its called, if it has dmt in any amount, it's scheduled. part of the reason why it's such bad legislation.