med_gallery_1178_453_650430.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_416449.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_504874.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_737578.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_133576.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_537007.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_2176.jpg

• Like 3

Nice collection, Prier! Have been watching the pics already during your upload process before you posted them in the thread. I like the massive knuthianus a lot. Does it have a round treelike base? I also think that the one in the first pic loos very interesting. Can you please give some more info about that? bye EG

drool2.gifNice plants mate, can you tell me the origin of the T.peruvianus X T.knuthianus.

Mum sends her regards! :)

Great collection

Edited by PsillyBean

Hey guys thanks muchly.

EG, the first photo is a T. pachanoi hybrid produced by cactusland nurseries in the early nineties. It is not known what the father plant was, possibly a T. peruvianus ROSEII, it was suspected to be a T. terscheckii cross but this is most probably incorrect. The T. knuthianus was taken from Dawsons cactus gardens which was planted in the 1930s, most plants collected by Ritter around that time. It does have a round treelike base in age, the mother plant is a monster.

Interbeing, the T. knuthianus x T. peruvianus comes from Fields cacti, it was a natural hybrid in the gardens there.

I love the 8th one down, a pach, I presume, and its little vag-like rib.

Thanks for posting!

I really love Knuthianus a lot, especially when older. I hope that mine will look like this one day too. Its flowering, right? You could really produce some awesome crosses with those. If you should ever give away seeds, please let me know

Btw, i wasnt that familiar with the Yowie so much. But on your pics, it looks like its a TJG´oid of some sort. But it is actually a pachanoi, right?

Yeah knuthianus is an amazing plant, i'll post some photos of the mother when I get a chance.

As far as Yowie is concerned i would call it a E. pachanoi according to the new cactus lexicon. really there is no good reference for Trichocereus species. there is no definitive answers yet. I believe it's an important part of the San Pedro complex but i'll go into more detail about that at some later point.

I should add, Yowie came over to Australia with Ritters plants in the 1930s. I assume it would have been named according to to Britton and Rose, so i've always called it T. pachanoi.

med_gallery_1178_453_241827.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_452222.jpg

med_gallery_1178_453_540289.jpg

and does anyone know what this one might be called, i got a name with it but lost it years ago.

med_gallery_1178_453_298078.jpg

nice plants!

last one looks like chiloensis?

Nice collection.

I concur with paradox.

Edited by tripsis

Definitely chiolensis. A fatty too.

Nice too see so many plants in the ground where they belong. Great collection, I'll be sure to show them to my mum some time.

Thanks for the words guys.:)

In regards to the last plant, the mother of that plant is the size of a T. pasacana, although it branches from the base. the spines come out red when in growth. It comes from Dawson's cactus garden, out the back. I'm pretty sure it's not T. chilloensis.

Edited by prier

I know Fields has a Chilloensis longispinus next to the valida by the house, just up from the knuthianus, but that doesn't look like it. I havn't seen that plant out there,love the spination, is it out the back behind the tree line, out behind the back sheds? I'll have to hunt it down, will be going out there in the next few weeks or so. Will keep my eye out :)

awesome collection and variety

yeah i wanna get a knuthianus at some point too.

Edited by mutant

Bretloth, not Fields, Dawsons. Which aint too far from Fields. ya should check it out on ya journey.

• Like 1

Mutant, i have reason to believe that the seed thats being sold as Crassiarboreus is actually Trichocereus Knuthianus. I grow some and as soon as i know more, i let you know. But you can definately still get seed. bye EG