The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
qualia

is there anywhere in the world right now that isn't completely fucked?

Plenty of places: deep sea vents, the core of the earth, cave systems which have not yet been discovered. Places which humans haven't managed to get to yet. By and large though, it's pretty fucked.

im ok where i am?

i love where i live yo

its not all fucked

How about the bigger picture?

i'e been thinking i've been spending too much time online lately, it's giving me a bad mood i think.

um...

i'll get back to you

go into the deep jungles where tribes still live today....

and if your dead set lucky you may be accepted into such a tribe and live there way of life.

a life of simplicity , no money , no debt or material things or gay ass laws...

just spiritual concepts , great food , sex , happiness etc etc.

You get back back what your project. Look for the love.

From my experience, your created and observing reality at the same time. Duality, its like a feed back loop. There is only the "Moment"

Edited by Slybacon
  • Like 1

^^^ I like that, Sly. Whenever I catch myself getting miserable over shit (humanity, personal problems, all of the above etc), I look for the good. Instantly I feel better and simultaneously know that as long as there's enough positivity and love being projected from others as well as myself; we'll be alright. We're our own worst enemy, stock market plunges when one or two brokers get scared... terrorism can't happen if nobody gets scared.

good points, as an interesting aside, the "get in what you put out" is the "indra's net", a central tenet of some asian philosophies. easy to work at interpersonal levels, but difficult when dealing with larger entities such as a 24hr negative news cycle, oppressive/corrupt governments, greed centric immoral corporations, ignorant "right wing" social views etc.

• Like 1

Disconnect man. Unplugging the TV was such a huge improvement to my life. Some say its all over the web, but you have to look for it there. Peace

Disconnect man. Unplugging the TV was such a huge improvement to my life. Some say its all over the web, but you have to look for it there. Peace

doing that doesn't make the world a better place, all the evils still exist, the world could be so much better than it is, but it's not, and we're not free.

You have to be a player to play the game.

If you disconnect from their game and start your own. What else can you do, and what good is it knowing about those evils. Its just currupting you. Be better than that.

Edited by Slybacon
  • Like 1

i've already disconnected the tv. just have to stop reading the news now (at least msm). the latest beat up about pit-bulls is whats triggered it. typical neo-con knee-jerk reaction. fucking hate them all right now.

If you disconnect from their game and start your own. What else can you do, and what good is it knowing about those evils. Its just currupting you. Be better than that.

at some point their evils are going to catch up to you, whether or not you live in western society. "their" tendrils span the globe. better to be informed and able to see it coming rather than blind/docile** and be bitten after it's too late.

**edit: thats not to say you or anyone else here is, just merely a point of view.

Edited by qualia

^^^ Go to my profile and check the photo. I am very firmly against BSL (Breed Specific Legislation). There is a photo getting around called "pick the Pitbull" basically its 20 dogs. I know my dogs , and especially Staffys amstaffs and pitbulls. It took me 4 goes to pick the pitbull. Any dog with a bully head gets labeled pit bull. Its disgusting.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

EDIT> Satan is the Human Manifestation from this evil. I'm not saying go all religeous but there may be some answers for your dillema amoungst the Philisophical Doctrines of many major religeons. Just a thought, and it really depends on how you view it.

Edited by Slybacon

The world is simultaneously fucked, and not fucked. Remember that everything you know exists in a state of constant flux. To use a slightly illuminating oxymoron - change is the only constant.

To expect anything different (i.e. for all things to continue), is to have an unreal expectation, which will soon be sorely disappointed.

But to also assume that the change is not your own, is to also be sorely disappointed.

Your task, should you choose to acknowledge it, is to shift the equilibrium towards the world being less fucked. To continue not just the human race, but lifekind. For the only other "teams" to bat for, are rocks, ice, lava and the cold vacuum. They surely won't pat you on the back for winning though.

And to reply to Sly's last post. Yes, these "evils" do corrupt your thinking. But to pretend they don't exist is to be stabbed in the back. There's a balance.

Two things.

Re: news

It's a cliche but - Ignorance is Bliss

Original Question

The mind is a thoroughly underrated place

• Like 1