The Corroboree
botanika

One reason forums are full of rage

perhaps more so that we live in an extremely aggravating world.

i was definitely just as angry before joining forums

Go fuck yourselves the lot of you!

get a dog up ya ballzac!! are you trying to fuck on me?? assssssshole!

Edited by incognito

MOTHER FUCKING CUNTS!!!

WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! YOU WANNA FUCKING GO? LET'S GO FUCK!

Mine was painfully predictable, but at least I was the first. Then incog's was funny 'cos he turned it around and directed it back at me...and then there's your post :P

Isdfsdfsd

Edited by Teljkon

angry again -

hahaha,.... some girl I know calls me the angry harbour sherrif :-) love here..... my alpine jodeling bear wrestling hairy chested girl! yummmm!

some forums are totaly out of whack, at a fossil discussion site, they deleted a whole thread, just because a member said, "show me a pic of a similar fossil, or shut up".

pity, because it was a discussion of a unique fossil, but if a newbie doesn't agree with there wrong id'ing they just avoid the embarresment by klicking delete, and don't care that they throw away hours of serious work.

i think it's much better, to just edit abusive posts, if appropiate.

• Like 2

It's amazing the difference between common interest forums like this one, and forums that seem to be for people who have no life. The latter type of forum seems to be almost exclusively about flaming. An entire forum can make the bitches section here look like a conference proceedings.

some forums are totaly out of whack, at a fossil discussion site, they deleted a whole thread, just because a member said, "show me a pic of a similar fossil, or shut up".

That's terrible planthelper. Worst of all, that kind of reaction actually enables trolls to be extremely destructive by letting them know that all they have to do is start an argument to destroy a thread. Besides, even though sometimes it can get out of hand, a certain amount of bickering can be really healthy for discussion.

EDIT: I'm assuming he/she forgot to use this smiley ---------------> :P

I've found that to be very helpful lately when I have something nasty to say :lol:

Edited by ballzac

You want a writhing mass of neanderthal vitriol? Go to the yahoo message boards. It'll simultaneously make your blood boil and skin crawl.

I think even some common interest fora like this one gets the odd duck who reads what they want in a post, and ignores (or twists it around in their own heads) the rest; then spews forth misdirected rage which just makes THEM look like a raving lunatic. I'm thinking of one person in particular, but there's many of them. When their arseholery is pointed out to them, they say everyone else is just ganging up on them; supporting their whole everyone-else-is-to-blame-not-me mentality.

Its true and people in cars some how thinks its ok to treat people like shit.

I think the speed of life is fucking with us all personally. seriously considering cutting back mysself.

An entire forum can make the bitches section here look like a conference proceedings.

Ha, hilarious! :lol:

As far as forums (and life in general) goes, this forum is pretty free of rage. Sure, there's arguments and the such, but that's a normal part of life (at least for me).

The shroomery used to be great - some of the deranged and debased conversations I had over there in times gone by were truly hilarious. Usually involvin the moderatoir of the particular forum.