The Corroboree
Psylo

Herbalistics - Where are they ?

Noticed today that the Herbalistics site is closed down. The splash page sounds like that's it, the end. Which is a damn shame, because while their product range has diminished over the years it was still great to have a local ethno-centric supplier without having to muck around with overseas shipping.

All the best to those concerned with the business over the years, if you read these forums.

last i chescked herbalistics was still active on FB

Cheers incognito, but I don't facebook, and don't plan to. Are they members here I wonder?

The site states they are moving. Probly a good bet that they are ...

The site states they are moving. Probly a good bet that they are ...

Thanks to all my customers for your support over the years sounds like a final statement. Anyway, I'll check back in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Psy

Will be back open soon, just moving. Supposed to be some new stuff on reopening. Shouldn't be long now maybe another week or so.

yep :))) big facebook post a while back, i'd say he's coming back soonish though.

oh man not another company using a facebook website instead of a real one, zero credibility.

No they have a real one, but I think the company is relocating atm so the website is down to stop orders etc coming through. I assume the Facebook is there to keep us updated like they did a while back :-P

my mistake, everywhere you turn these days you see #ace*ook.com/mcd$naldsAU for example......personally i am very heavily biased against face book so i cant be counted on for a valid opinion on this one but just watching a web address for companies that use the FB precurser almost physically makes me ill and thats no joke.

I know exactly what you mean mate, it was like the bands with myspace thing a while back, so angry that the kids spent hundreds on myspace layouts, but never a website design! anyways thats off topic...

I cant wait till they open, they have a few items SAB dont usually have which im keen on.

I know exactly what you mean mate, it was like the bands with myspace thing a while back, so angry that the kids spent hundreds on myspace layouts, but never a website design! anyways thats off topic...

I think with the myspace thing, it was more because it was easier to get acknowledged by new fans because many bands would be friends with other bands and 'advertise' each other, thus sharing fans. That was how I found many of the bands I listen to today. It was a lot easier to find new bands through myspace/facebook than to randomly search google in hopes that one of the websites would have the music I'm looking for. But nowadays I just use last.fm for finding new bands.

The reason businesses use Facebook is because it's free advertising. No cost to sign up and create a page or group, and you can advertise products, merch, etc to the fans/friends of the page, and it's all free. It's maximum exposure at no cost, and when one person becomes a fan, their friends see it, become a fan, and so on and so on. Virtual word of mouth. A friend and I offered computer services to the people in our area, and the first place we went was Facebook. About an hour later we had 100+ people reading our information and contact info. It has a great potential for those looking to reach the vast user base.

And sorry for going off topic. But this was something that I was also wondering as they had a lot of items I am interested in purchasing. Hopefully it won't be long before they are up again (which is estimated at "Two to four weeks"), not to mention..

I'll have a few surprises when it reopens again! Plus some "Crazy Rug-man" style bargains!

Can't wait to see what's instore for us.. (pun intended?)

oh most defiantly re free advertising!! ive managed to stay fairly distant except for a FB account to keep intouch with old friends!

might have to save my cash, gotta love the crazy rug man! :P

Yeah, I don't find much use in facebook anymore. It's mostly just a way to save on credit when talking with friends/girlfriend/etc. Thankyou free facebook on telstra haha.

Agreed :) Can't wait to see what deals he has planned! Been looking to get my collection started again after giving my seeds/plants to a friend.

the dazzler does grow nice plants :)

dont forget about SAB bro, its my first stop and always (well 99& of the time) have what i fancy :worship:

Yeah, there's a few things I've had in mind from SAB, just need to wait for some other things to (hopefully) come in stock again.

SAB will always be the first place to buy from, it's the least I can do to help support them!

Come to think of it, I have used SAB before for a few extracts etc.

Herbalistics were selling a Psycotria viridis x carthaginensis‎ a year or two back that myself and a mate bought 1/2 dozen of. Between the both of us we managed to kill them, but I'm still interested in giving them another shot, as they're supposed to be as rich in alkaloids as the viridis but more stable in temperate climates, as expected from the carth. I can't seem to find that cross on SAB.

Does anyone else have some rooted cuttings ?

....Psycotria viridis x carthaginensis‎

That's the exact plant I was looking at getting too. The last time I checked they mentioned something about a new variation coming soon, or something like that, but forgot until this year, and unfortunately they were closed.

There have been a few posts of various different Psy. plants on the forums here, might be best to create a separate thread to get a bit more exposure :)

Edited by executi0n

Psychotria nexus, nice plants, faster than viridis and pretty tough.

I think with the myspace thing, it was more because it was easier to get acknowledged by new fans because many bands would be friends with other bands and 'advertise' each other, thus sharing fans. That was how I found many of the bands I listen to today. It was a lot easier to find new bands through myspace/facebook than to randomly search google in hopes that one of the websites would have the music I'm looking for. But nowadays I just use last.fm for finding new bands.

^ me too! myspace music was actually very useful, both for getting publicity for the band and helping me find more music that was what i was into. very good. the one i use now however is hype machine (hypem.com).

I'll have a few surprises when it reopens again! Plus some "Crazy Rug-man" style bargains!

"Herb plants ONE BUCK

Herbal extracts ONE BUCK

Seeds and cuttings ONNNNNNNNNE BUCK"

..we can only hope... :rolleyes:

"Herb plants ONE BUCK

Herbal extracts ONE BUCK

Seeds and cuttings ONNNNNNNNNE BUCK"

..we can only hope... :rolleyes:

Haha, if only! Although, with the amount of money I would end up spending, there would definitely have to be profit in it for them :D