The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Scientician

Just the motivation I needed

I have been working in the homelessness sector for the better part of a decade after myself having been on & off the streets from age 13 to 18. However, despite my previous devotion to the cause I have found myself for the last 6 months or so planning my exit from the industry due to the lack of success story's these past couple of years. The whole job was starting to feel like an exercise in futility.

But after seeing this documentary I have remembered why my job used to hold so much importance to me & I have a renewed sense of purpose in my chosen field. Please watch in it's entirety.

Here's part 1:

• Like 1

My partner has just finished her studies in community services and is about to start working in this sector. I started watching this and decided ill wait for her, i think its something we will both get something out of. Thanks for sharing the link

Thanks for posting the videos, only halfway through them all. So far, it has started to convince me that there might actually be cops out there with a heart. Even if there is one, far too often, it's enforcement over heart.

Australia has some serious lessons to learn.

But after seeing this documentary I have remembered why my job used to hold so much importance to me & I have a renewed sense of purpose in my chosen field

It's great there are people like you out there.

watched that first vid, will definitely watch the other parts, film board of canada is the bomb.

just watched it all, so sad, you wouldn't wish that life on your worst enemies, but i believe there are people that are responsible for creating this lifestyle, people that care about money and power.