The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
random

Chinese cows producing human breast milk

www.news.com.au/world/chinese-scientists-genetically-modify-dairy-cows-to-produce-human-breast-milk/story-e6frfkyi-1226071579075

Edited by meeka

"It's good," said worker Jiang

Yao. "It's better for you because

it's genetically modified." :huh:

• Like 2

:o This is just so wrong.

What the hell will be next pick up a new baby from your surrogate cow.

The delivery will be very interesting to watch for the new parents you will be instructed by the doctor/vet to stand behind and get ready to CATCH.

If any complications arise they can tie a rope around its legs and pull it out. :lol:

• Like 1

so vegi's were gm'ed to produce fruit and vegi's year round instead of in season? and faster production

then our meat is gm'ed to

"produce more nutritious meat".

i don't see how this is true when everyone knows organically grown vegi's are MUCH better in nutritional value AND taste, :scratchhead:

:wave-finger: gm products, who are they trying to kid....these are CHILDREN and do not need be subjected to modified genetics :angry:

Edited by gogogadget

This is no more wrong than any other GMOs, which is to say, pretty damned wrong.

The director of the research project, Professor Li Ning, said Western concerns about the ethics of genetic modification are misplaced.

"There are 1.5 billion people in the world who don't get enough to eat," he said.

Mmm, of course, that will solve the problem. Create more ways to produce more food so our population can grow even more. Brilliant. Good to see people are thinking so laterally!

This cracked me up when I read it in the paper. Heaven forbid we have a market for women to produce and sell their own breastmilk, that's dirty! Let's make a cow produce it, perfectly fine to drink at all, not dirty or unseemingly in the slightest.

Sounds yum, were i can i get one of those cows?

Heaven forbid we

have a market for

women to produce and

sell their own breastmilk,

that's dirty

Women have been selling or sharing their breastmilk since the beginning of time, the only dirty connotations surrounding that, would be if the woman supplying said milk, had a contagious disease which was transferable via breastmilk.

Genetically modifying cows to produce human breastmilk is not only ridiculous, but mind boggling to say the least.

Sounds yum, were i can i get one of those cows?

For what purpose? When does a cow cease to be a cow and become a human? What % human parts does it require? Farmer needs a wife.:puke:

"where's the milk?"