The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Urgently seeking entheo plant for a photo-shoot asap

Greeting guys, I was hoping that there was someone that could help me, I need some plant specimens for a photo shoot for Uni and also might use them to shoot the new EGA flyer art.

The plant will be planted on a farm during the shoot so one way trip for them.

If anyone is willing to help, it would be appreciated, they would need to be able to get them too me or have me pic them up this week, the shoot is next weekend. I am located in Melbourne, Victoria, Earth. I Can send on postal address too.

I am seeking small plants or large seedlings, more that one would help, but will make do;

Acacia longifolia/Maidenii/Obtusifolia

Ephedra

Can you PM me asap if you can help thanks, this would be a real help and appreciated.

Ronny :)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 1

That is a good and understandable question :lol:

I am trying to show portraits of people that would be effected by the proposed plant banning, it has not been easy getting people to agree to be photographed. some people are very hesitant to be photograph if the plants might be illegal soon and are not willing to a line themselves with lets say my more pro plant angel, so i am faking the shot, well building my own shot of landcare people planting and use that.

I have covered some other angles too, but most people do not wont there portrait made public but for my Uni folio use only

Dose that help

PM'd

Love this community, couple of very promising Pm, thanks guys

In Plants We Trust

:worship:

So glad you are taking this on. I loved the idea when you mentioned it last. Pity people are so afraid.

Yep, your help has been instrumental in getting this one rolling thanks Torsten, as ever have been kind and helpful :lol:

I have had to develop it and change it as I went on, my class mates thought it was an interesting and strange topic but loved it. Gave me up for the nutball I am now, every week I get a drug crack from someone at Uni now. my lecture is not very happy at all with the plant folio, and has only been giving me constructive feedback on my other Night Road folio, example pic under ‘creativity’.

I have been having trouble getting a sheep farmer (phalaris) as I do not know any in Vic. And a seedmerchant, as I do not know any of them also, if anyone has a good contact I would love the help getting them to do a portrait shot.

Shit, if anyone has Sheep and Phalaris grass and a paddock in Vic, i am sure i can find someone to pose as the Farmer B)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Good work man. Best of luck

this is a good project, i like it. i was sort of planning to do something similar when all this came along but couldn't work it into uni (i do science...) so i scrapped it pretty quick. i also look like a bit of a derro so i doubt people would welcome me into their gardens and listen to my well put-forward points :angry:.

that being said i managed to get a few shots of some brugs and other 'nasties' growing around melbourne, my initial plan was to show people how prominent these plants are, even within the urban environment. got a nice one of a brug with a city circle tram in the background. funny thing was just after i took this shot (flagstaff gardens) i ran into one of those "listen to my charity spiel" people. they were working for 'save victoria's forests'. this time the tables were turned and i gave THEM a spiel! i hope it was helpful. really we should all be whinging away to landcare and greenpeace and all that sort of thing.

also my parents are cattle farmers and phalaris COATS their 70 acre property. i could get some photos there, with myself as the farmer if necessary as they refuse to properly comprehend the situation. they're all like "but we aren't druggos", you know- standard moronic mainstream person viewpoint. course i love 'em but fuck they can be stubbornly ignorant...too much today tonight. the property is also lined with acacias but i don't know what species so i'm not sure they're important.

i would be glad to send you the photos i have and take some on the farm next time i visit. unfortunately that probably won't be for a few weeks with exams coming up so it might be too late. i wish i read this yesterday before i left! that being said i have some photos of the farm itself, but not with a forlorn looking farmer in them unfortunately. i'm happy to help anyway.

I am seeking small plants or large seedlings, more that one would help, but will make do;

Acacia longifolia/Maidenii/Obtusifolia

Ephedra

Can you PM me asap if you can help thanks, this would be a real help and appreciated.

Ronny :)

i will pm you, hope i can help! :)

Many thanks for the PM guys, just to be sure we are all on the same page, i need the plants in the flesh to take the pics on site at the shoot.

Very happy my project has tickled your interest, sound like your Idea is very much the same as my one frank, but i have to have people in every shot.

Frank "got a nice one of a brug with a city circle tram in the background", i know that is, good one, may try work something around that.

So far i have been offered Acacia Maideni and some Ephedra plants, that is ok, i can work with this.

I am on holidays at the moment trying do all my Uni work and Lunch the New EGA web page, so feeling very low-key and chill this week, can pick up plants from people if that are available.

Many thanks for your kind words and support.