The Corroboree
basalamant

Psychadelic music recs?

procs is a bit different. has two albums, both of them awesome.

etc. just random tracks that came up on youtube.

lol electronic music fans can be quite discriminating when it comes to genres.

check out Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music for a tongue-in-cheek breakdown of electronic music genres.

It's about 10 years out of date but still worth a look as the comments on some of the more obscure genres are hilarious. I especially like the Techno - VGM and Casiocore genres :lol:

I love ishkur's guide! I've gotten onto a few artists by listening to his samples. I love the description for psytek.

I also spent a good year of my life simply listening to chiptune and vgm 're'mixes.

The third sample of the VGM section... fucking amazing, i could listen to the original track all day long, the music from top gear was way ahead of it's time. As soon as i heard it just then i started dancing lol, not enough songs end in spontaneous dancing for me.

• Like 1

procs is a bit different. has two albums, both of them awesome.

nice I like!

Something from a different genre – Eek-a-mouse: Ganja Smuggling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6r_MVjY9p0

Maybe its not totally psychedelic but its a very cool song about the a much loved entheogen.

Edited by kalika

yeah I saw neelix for the first time at rainbow serpent, and liked what I heard :)

aahhhh so Jealous!!! I really need to go to rainbow serpent next year, I was also spewin when I heard I missed out on vibe tribe when he was there.

I love psytrance but I think 90% of the songs in this thread are terrible, unimaginative and boring.

Just my opinion of course, be offended or not, it won't change my opinion.

That's more my style of psytrance, like it or not, i won't be offended :)

Ah devo, thought I put in a few ok tracks with my post, maybe you will like OMC, they are very reminiscent of Infected Mushroom.

you can listen to previews of their tracks here :)

Ah devo, thought I put in a few ok tracks with my post, maybe you will like OMC, they are very reminiscent of Infected Mushroom.

you can listen to previews of their tracks here :)

Actually your post was awesome, i've already given you a +1 for that :)

I guess I was sick of clicking on so many youtube videos and hearing cold dark fast music with almost no treble.

Listening to some OMC now, they sure have liberally borrowed from Infected Mushroom's sound lol. Good stuff though :)

i'd have to say that if you dont think this is psychedelic than um..

one could argue that this music, plus the visuals attached in this video are actually designed for the altered state, if you dont want to believe that than believe that the creator of the video got the idea when he was on acid and tried to recreate his vision.

listening to autechre live has given me some of he most mind bending machine visuals ever. that and i think dissecting table - Music For Performance "Dead Body And Me" - fuck that was messed up. haha. but about as far away from psytrance as anything else lol.

listening to autechre live has given me some of he most mind bending machine visuals ever. that and i think dissecting table - Music For Performance "Dead Body And Me" - fuck that was messed up. haha. but about as far away from psytrance as anything else lol.

i was fortunate enough to see them when they came early last year, though i was unfortunate in that i had no access to weed, though it was still mind blowing, and they had no visuals at all, no lighting, no projections, just a view of them looking at their macbooks.. i wish i had a soundboard recording of that set, it was too good for words.

while i'm at it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHfnc4Sb7Pk

i have a audience recording of their melbourne show, maybe you have it?

i can upload it and send it to you if you wish

i have a few but not that one, if it was no trouble, i'd be very grateful if you did upload it.

i can upload some of mine if you want them, i have the infamous soundboard recording of a 2005 set in glasgow

no worries, you want flac or mp3? (flac is ~470MB)

mp3 please, i wish i had good enough speakers..

cool, probably not worth the extra mb in flac anyway due to low quality audience recording,

i'll see if i can ul to megaupload tonight, in the mean time heres this, you might like it:

http://logreybeam.bandcamp.com/

i love this forum

thanks so much qualia, if this was in person i'd offer you a cone..

Soft machine and van Morrisons' Astral works are both great suggestionss.

How anyone can go passed 'Chapter 24' by Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd is beyond me.

I remember a night at uni - a group of 8 of us on getafix and all of us struggling - even seasoned campers. One dude had already prettymuch had sex with another guy's girlfriend in front of all of us which added to the uncomfortable vibe to the night. We'd fled and come back to find everyone holding hands and doing as badly as we were. Things were ok but fucked up in every way.

A dude put on 'Know who you are at every age' by the Cocteau Twins and I can safely say it was one of the most powerful moments of my life. The languishing, drifting ambience of the song brought us from chaos to cloudy heaven in seconds...

I think psytrance - dispite what people claim - has a fairly inflexible formula - a set of rules that seem to always apply that actually hold it back from truly surprising and really opening a person's perception. Most of it is derivative from early techno - rising high records in particular (m-age/Irresistable force, bedouin ascent, etc).

Aphex, autechre, BOC, new electronic styles work far better. Think warp records as a rule...

If your on a mindful of x - something upety like Concord Dawn or Bedouin Ascent's Junk force is required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJyuh0haHU

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie
  • Like 1

Oh my god, how could I have forgotten this? Seriously good music for when you're in the right place.

It can be pretty heavy, but also amazingly beautiful. Not easy listening though, that's for sure. The album is "Mr Gone" by Weather Report in 1978.... whole album is excellent, but here are a couple of stand outs for me.

The title track

and

The whole album is a journey that will turn your head inside out and bring you out the other side with a deeper understanding of the world.... if you can handle it. :wink:

Soft machine and van Morrisons' Astral works are both great suggestionss.

How anyone can go passed 'Chapter 24' by Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd is beyond me.

I remember a night at uni - a group of 8 of us on getafix and all of us struggling - even seasoned campers. One dude had already prettymuch had sex with another guy's girlfriend in front of all of us which added to the uncomfortable vibe to the night. We'd fled and come back to find everyone holding hands and doing as badly as we were. Things were ok but fucked up in every way.

A dude put on 'Know who you are at every age' by the Cocteau Twins and I can safely say it was one of the most powerful moments of my life. The languishing, drifting ambience of the song brought us from chaos to cloudy heaven in seconds...

I think psytrance - dispite what people claim - has a fairly inflexible formula - a set of rules that seem to always apply that actually hold it back from truly surprising and really opening a person's perception. Most of it is derivative from early techno - rising high records in particular (m-age/Irresistable force, bedouin ascent, etc).

Aphex, autechre, BOC, new electronic styles work far better. Think warp records as a rule...

If your on a mindful of x - something upety like Concord Dawn or Bedouin Ascent's Junk force is required.

some stuff on warp is fairly average, but most of the original artists are pretty good, some of the newer artists i dont even know why they signed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWniFouJDpw

it's not on utube, but Cranioclast - Iconclastar (green/blue),

(if you want it i have them both i can rip and up - it's "experimental", for want of a better word, i like it)

lol wut?