The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Cadaver

A different way of using Datura

Was potting up some Datura metal var. chlorantha this morning, just for something to do, and as I was pulling some leaves off, a bit of sap sprayed into my right eye. I actually thought it was just water as I had water on my hands at the time too and forgot to wash it out.

I had to drive up the coast about 30 min later and was half way to tweed heads when I noticed my vision was altered in some way. I took off my sunglasses (thank christ i took them) and the light was unbearable. My vison was really blurry too. I gathered it was the datura juice cause as i looked in the rear view, my right pupil was really dilated. It was really uncomfortable without my sunnies and by the time i got where i was going, i couldn't bring myself to walk into the shop I just felt that weird. Not to mention that one pupil was tiny and the other huge. My vision in that eye was quite blurry too. It is a good analgesic however.

I put it off and went for a walk... which eased things slightly but not totally.

8 hours later and my pupil is stil the same size. And its still sort of blurry. I hope it goes away :confused:

I guess it's a sort of warning about those playing around with Daturas ,etc. But it could also be a good method of taking it, though i would do it only at night, the shock of sunlight is too great. It's pretty weird to wander around with one bulging eyeball It makes u pretty self conscious. If i tried it again (intentionally) I would use a tiny amount in each eye when i have nothing to do. I guess like the craze was in the early days with the 'Bella Donnas'.

You'll be ok. One of the original uses of atropine was for posh Italian ladies to make their pupils bigger.

So, Bella Darcy, maybe there is more to the tropane-in-the-eye thing than just large pupils ?!?

Heh heh. That's cool.

Atropine is used medically, applied directly to the eye in order to dilate the pupil, so as to provide access to observe or operate on the inside of the eye (the retina etc).

I'm sure you'll be fine with such a small administration, but there are reported cases of permanant blindness occuring from exposure to Duboisa dust. My guess is that they were caused by overexposure to sunlight due to the dilated pupils (and no sunnies).

happend to me aswell one time with brugmansia (i posted about it) the silly doc thought it's that locked eye muscle thing and was very concern, i said angels trumpet juice caused it, but he didn't believe me... it went away after two or three nights.

lol nice photo,

i had a similar but worse experience with a wild species of tomato which grows along creeks. I found out how toxic it is the hard way. I was curious to open one and see what was inside and while trying to open it it exploded in my face and the juice went directly into both eyes. It immediately started to burn and i quickly ran down to the creek and washed both eyes but the burning feeling didn't go away and at this point i was starting to lose my vision and everything was blurry and cloudy and i was freaking out. My dad managed to guide me back to the car and drove me to hospital while i flushed my eyes out with a bottle of water (which were quite swollen and still burning) and i had difficulty seeing anything clearly. When i got to the hospital they attacked these suction things to my eyes and flushed them for half an hour or so which was torturous but they said it was necessary. Now i have heard they are studying the same plant as a possible cure for skin cancers. Considering it nearly burnt my eyes out of their sockets i can believe it. It was a scary experience, thought i would never see again.

[ 09. June 2005, 10:39: Message edited by: Prophet ]

the funny things going on and strangeness could be due to the fact that the eyes are letting in diff amounts of light...

it causes all sorts of strange effects.

heres a few experiemnts to do...

get a cheap pair of really dark sunnies and pop out 1 of the lenses... then get a pendulum and swing it back and forth... it looks like its going in circles

also its fun to look at TV static. (That 1 is a surprise)

its because the signals coming from eye getting less light are delayed (less light... smaller signal... slower) so that eye sees things as a delay and when your brain matches up images from each eye they dont match like they should.

darcy:

I think it might be more than just the dilated pupil business

Ar darcy, yer dreaming, your eyes always look like that

So, Darcy, can we have an update photo?

Has the dilation calmed down yet today?

:P

i had a ex con mate who told me of a trick they used inside. u stand in th shower with th water on your closed eyelids. this gives a kalidiscope effect.

go take a shower tort....i mean darcy. don't do it til u go blind,k?

They also use another trick where they sharpen a toothbrush on the floor, not quite as harmless though. :D

I don't know if it is true but someone told me that Brugmansia/Datura sap can cause blindness if it gets in your eyes. I hope your eye has returned to normal by now darcy.

I imagine walking into a shop with one huge pupil and one small one would make you look like a distressed character out of one of those japanese cartoons...

I tried that shower thing...pretty rad - but what's its purpose? just shits and giggles? I wouldn't want to keep my eyes closed too long in a prison bathroom though...

haha oh my eyes were watering while reading that, i cant stand anything doing near/in my eyes.

glad to hear you are ok.

Lol they also have other tricks here in aus prison right? - smoke daddy long legs and breed red backs and huntsmen to milk & inject their venom? Now thats just fucked. I once had a friend who really wanted to smoke this dead huntsman in a bong while pillin. He allready put the flame to it and singed the hairs so i had to take it off him. Heh mind you in the past he 'cremeted' a few dead lady-beatles which honest to god gave off several chambers of smoke! He's one crazy fuck (real bright tho).

[ 26. June 2005, 14:59: Message edited by: Stroodes ]