The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Commodore 64 music

What a blast man!

I haven't heard that tune since F@ck knows when....I got through the whole game eventually NOW IT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD AGAIN!!!

I dunno how many hours I spent on that game :blink:

ahhh, .SID! the precursor to MIDI. i love it.

distracted, that is pretty psycho.

i like the intro to zak mckracken and the alien mindbenders, myself. trying to find an apt video.

this version is pretty phat tho not exactly original or even SID :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2NsFT7I6W8&feature=related

i have found countless versions of this tune over the years, i'm obviously not the only one who likes it.

played quite a lot of (copied) c64 games, but if i can remember any with exceptional music then i can't remember the name. here is a good one although it's just a SID-ised tocatta and fugue in D minor ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkoDWnAmVLU&feature=related

there are better versions. weird thing about old games is how many different versions of the same game sometimes exist, or sometimes there are about ten different games that are only slightly different.

oh! i have listened to this band for years, machinae supremacy, i think they're german. they are kind of hard rock i guess, with heavy use of SID, and if you're in the right mood some of their songs, like 'earthbound' are IMHO fucking cool, mostly lyrics about gaming too.

snd listen to this, sounds like dubstep to me :P

edit: except it's better

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I loved the title music for Great Gianni sisters (although, I have to admit I had an Amiga 500, not C64. The whole game had a great soundtrack though.

TI-Man International Karate fuck hey that was a good game!

Rab-You lot with ya Amiga's man...all high and mighty LOL....I can remember graduating from the tape-drive to the 5 1/4" Drive,thought i was cool as,then my mate got an Amiga 500 and THEN chipped it up!!,geez he gave me shit over that :P

Hated waiting for 1/2 an hour on the old tape drive only to find it had stopped and you had to re-boot and do it again..MAN!

Actually I wrote a program in Basic for Dad to calculate the Heat-load for fruit coolrooms to select the right Equipment.

I've still got the C-64 and all the tapes/disks etc.

i can't believe how much of a ripoff of super mario bros that game appears to be. right down to the fucking name lol.

i'm not finding vids but all of 'the last ninja' games had killer soundtracks

it's strange how many of these games have speech in the videos, games i played. i find that quite strange. (edit: because i don't remember speech until years later getting a pentium w/ soundblaster)

this is probably the best i can muster, rambo. i remember the gameplay music which doesn't start until 6 or 7 minutes in but from a technical POV this is all decent work. the very end sounds so out of place with the rest of it though, i'm glad i never finished the game.

decent also

that's me done, look forward to contributions by others.

Edited by ThunderIdeal