The Corroboree
nano

Heading to blue mountains this weekend (7/8 may)

Hey guys ,

its been raining a lot recently and i was wondering if the cubes are currently out In the blueis?

Before i burn a lot petrol to get there, could a generous soul tell me if it would be worth going this weekend or if i should wait for some sun / warmth first?

Much appreciated, this information would be gold to me.

im thinking about the pine plantations around Oberon.

thanks

nano

cubes don't grow in pine plantations unless cows graze there. if you're going to the blue mountains you'd probably want to target subs. they are in season now

I've heard subaeruginosa are about but not been myself. Someone will corroborate that...

Cute and appropriate avatar too! Good luck with the 1-UPs; I'll keep an eye out for you on the way back:

small_New-Super-Mario-Brothers-Mario-gets-huge.jpg

Edited by Blood Trance Fusion

I haven't been out and probably won't but with all the rain and cold weather we've had you can be sure they have been popping up for a few days now. Next w/e might be getting a bit late if things dry out.

Nah dont waste the petrol - nothing happening here....

but really the Blue Mtns def have subs about & possibly some other sub species. All actives.

& also some very pretty & interesting other species about. One of the best weekends past of late for all types of fungi

Cant say for sure about Jenolan forest region but they def about around the urban areas.

Cant tell any one for sure where to find as there wont be any left for me. :wink:

Please be discreet if picking in built up areas-

Not like the bloke I saw early on Sunday morning whom every few steps had to keep tying up his shoe laces

Damn shoelaces.... :P

& please remember the next generations. Tap, tap tap before you pick.

Keep an eye on the weather & hope for more rain.

I often wonder what the locals think of all the wandering kids who seem to appear every winter - looking nowhere but at the ground - pretending to be walking the dog (but without a dog) or looking for their 'keys' or whatever. I wonder if they just laugh or they get pissed off or what..

I often wonder what the locals think of all the wandering kids who seem to appear every winter - looking nowhere but at the ground - pretending to be walking the dog (but without a dog) or looking for their 'keys' or whatever. I wonder if they just laugh or they get pissed off or what..

Haha! I "walk the dog" while "looking for my keys" every morning and it's a bit stranger around Central Station, checking out the growth, than in a national park. On the weekend I was walking back from a concert and there was a tree with exposed roots covered in growths so I bent over to see if it was recognisable then a couple walked past me in the dark and the male said "ah - mushrooms..." :shroomer:

thanks for all the info guys, will give it a go! damned dog got lost in the blueis again and i have to find him :)

• Like 1

I was picking at botanic gardens Canberra once, trying to be discrete pretending I was admiring plants but my eyes were like an eagle - some workers there (gardeners) called out to me 'that area has been picked dry - go further down the slope that way'. Awesome, I wasn't discrete after that!

• Like 1

Hey guys ,

its been raining a lot recently and i was wondering if the cubes are currently out In the blueis?

As said, subs not cubes. Amanita muscaria as well, and if you're the cullinary mushroom type, Lactarius deliciosus aka Saffron milk caps and Suillus luteus aka Slippery Jacks. If you did come up to the mountains that weekend, you should have come across quite a few still even though we have had a sunny period. The season will continue for some months to come, just head out after there's a few days of rain :) The temperature at night has well and truly dropped to the right range for them to bloom :)

Edited by Storm crow

I was picking at botanic gardens Canberra once, trying to be discrete pretending I was admiring plants but my eyes were like an eagle - some workers there (gardeners) called out to me 'that area has been picked dry - go further down the slope that way'. Awesome, I wasn't discrete after that!

LMAO....good gardners