The Corroboree
gtarman

The Salvia Situation...

I'm aware it's still illegal here. I'd like to know details though if anybody has them. For example: say somebody orders Salvia from overseas, they send it, and Australian customs intercept it. Would the marked recipient be prosecuted?

Just curious, as I've heard people have tried this, but not how it ended up.

Well in west aus, were weed is decriminalised. It is far for more illeagle to have salvia then marry jayne. Its the same as having/importing meth so im told.

For example: say somebody orders Salvia from overseas, they send it, and Australian customs intercept it.

They will intercept it.

Would the marked recipient be prosecuted?

Yes.

There's no way around it, unless you want to sail a yatch across the Pacific, and even then you'll likely have a nice greeting party when you arrive home.

But then, I suspect that you know this.

They will intercept it.

Not entirely. Stuff always slips through. But to risk it with SD is totally not worth it. I don't know any of the members here, but what I do know is that there are local movements, and if you roll in the right circles, the sacrament will come to you. It isn't a street drug, and it isn't a popular 'buzz' substance, so will never be a blackmarket tradeable (ie green for cash). But it's around.

If its marked "Salva D" on the package and it gets seen by a customs official, Yes, chances are, there will be some sort of action taken, something as small as a very straight forward "your busted, dont try it again" letter from customs to a full fledged police raid...

As said above, Its in the same scheduling as H n what not... Would u like to find out what happens for attempting to import H? Even if it was for personal use, its still importation of a very illegal substance.. (S9 i believe)

Edited by FungiFriend

Why is Australia so nuts about it though? What are they hiding? What are they preventing? Were there epidemics of Salvia related deaths at some point thus leading it to its extreme illegality? To say Salvia is even more controlled than Methamphetamine or Heroin is pure insanity.. but it isn't because it really is more controlled than those two substances; but why!? What is it about Salvia divonorum in particular that makes the Australian officials get so psycho about it??

This is confusing.

If the package was not marked, you will most likely get a letter from customs, not a straight forward one, more of an inquiry so they can find out what it is you were importing.

That's not very good advice.

To the OP, just don't do it man. If you pray long and hard to the pastoral elder spirits, salvia might find you one day.

Legal status & availability don't always go hand in hand.

• Like 1

It wasn't advice, it was a scenario.

I agree 100%, Don't do it.

If its marked "Salva D" on the package and it gets seen by a customs official, Yes, chances are, there will be some sort of action taken, something as small as a very straight forward "your busted, dont try it again" letter from customs to a full fledged police raid...

Not worth the risk, though I've had a few mysterious goods ne'er arrive, including cannabinoids and PEA's, but this was a year or 3 ago. Oddly enough, a bunch of "letters" with Oxycontin 80's arrived fine, big chunky letters tho, guys must be mailing each other locks of petrified hair or somesuch... But yeah, just in case sending hair or powdered fingernails is illegal, I'd avoid doing so...;)

That's not very good advice.

To the OP, just don't do it man. If you pray long and hard to the pastoral elder spirits, salvia might find you one day.

Legal status & availability don't always go hand in hand.

I've heard that salvia, unlike money, actually grows on trees. The world's sure a wonder, yea, so it is :)

• Like 2

ok... here is a question??? If Salvia D is illegal, how come it is not on the Schedule 4 of Customs Prohibited imports and Quarantine AQIS ICON list Salvia D as a species permitted for entry???

I am just a bit confused. I am not from Australia but know how to find information. As far as importation is concerned, Salvia D appears to be welcomed. I also have not heard much about the legal issues with Salvia D except that it was "banned" back in 2002. Has anyone ever been prosecuted/caught/etc for personal use or importing it?

Clarification is definitely in order...

ok... here is a question??? If Salvia D is illegal, how come it is not on the Schedule 4 of Customs Prohibited imports and Quarantine AQIS ICON list Salvia D as a species permitted for entry???

I am just a bit confused. I am not from Australia but know how to find information. As far as importation is concerned, Salvia D appears to be welcomed. I also have not heard much about the legal issues with Salvia D except that it was "banned" back in 2002. Has anyone ever been prosecuted/caught/etc for personal use or importing it?

Clarification is definitely in order...

your right, email customs and they will say its not a prohibited import, BUT

It does not have to be a prohibited import as its on the SUSDP as a schedule 9 narcotic.

possession or supply of a schedule 9 is a major criminal offense in Australia, don't try it unless you want to run the risk of going to jail. (customs will just contact your state police and turn over the case to them)

from my understanding no one has actually been charged with possession of Salvia D however i am sure that there has been a few charges laid with people attempting to import, i did see on a review a few years back (will have to find it) that over 20 packages of Sally D had been intercepted in the year 2006 by customs.

Edited by wazzad

Has anyone ever been prosecuted/caught/etc for personal use or importing it?

I haven't heard of anything but someone I spoke to said they ordered some SD extract and some prohibited seeds, both labelled honestly. The seeds were confiscated and the extract was forwarded with the notification about the seeds being taken for destruction. I've heard of a person that has imported extracts quite a few times and never was there any suspicion that it recieved the attention of any narcs.

I think, despite its potentially over-zealous scheduling, it's not actively scanned for. Maybe if it doesn't look like white powder, tablets or smell like marijuana it gets through but I'd never advise any importation. Just because there've been no convictions doesn't mean there won't be; we knows how it's classed...

Western Australia still has accesss to youtubes (Govt and fun police will ban it soon im sure)

geez louise,

that vid title should be

"Why a straight 'sitter' is paramount when you go bending"

• Like 1

I wouldnt be surprised if you could hvae this plant openly growing in your garden for decades without any interest. But importing it is a good way to potentially get in federal trouble.

• Like 1

I appreciate that it is of course better to stick to the side of caution in these matters, and i'm not trying to rock the boat or elicit argument with this post, I just wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with such a circumstance as this....

Say I was to have been travelling/living in South America (or any country where SD is very commonly and easily/legally obtained in clearly marked, honest packaging), and attempted to return home with a small (personal) quantity of some clearly labelled SD materials (leaf, extract). If I was to declare these items at customs, do you think it is possible/likely that I would be at risk of legal prosecution by customs?... i.e. If the customs officials DID recognise the material as a prohibited substance, would they merely inform me of this and confiscate it (perhaps the argument of ignorance would be of help here, since customs don't actually list it as a prohibited import), or would they contact the local authorities and allow me to be legally prosecuted?....

Similarly, how would this scenario play out if the individual declared the possession of a small quantity of Mimosa Hostilis root-bark? Clearly this material is known to contain DMT, and is as I understand it a restricted import, but the customs declaration of prohibited substances makes no mention of this species. In regards to DMT, the following is declared restricted;

"DMT; including plants and parts of the plants of the species Piptadenia peregrina(Anadenanthera pergrina)" i.e. Yopo, not Mimosa Hostilis!....

Again, I'd like to stress that I'm not asking for anyone's advice to break the law, I'm merely trying to better understand this situation....

Cheers!

Say I was to have been travelling/living in South America (or any country where SD is very commonly and easily/legally obtained in clearly marked, honest packaging), and attempted to return home with a small (personal) quantity of some clearly labelled SD materials (leaf, extract). If I was to declare these items at customs, do you think it is possible/likely that I would be at risk of legal prosecution by customs?

If it's an extract (the salvia) and not a live plant why even declare it? I think it'd get through. I'm not advising anyone though.