The Corroboree

Confucius say "when you find a gatorade bottle with a hole when hunting for mushrooms, you are on the right track"

Haha that's awesome kalika. I'd buy that t-shirt :)

bucket bong is a really terrible misnomer. something like gravity pipe would be a more honest name, because the smoke never passes through the water they are therefore nothing like a bong.

they are exactly the same as these portable bucket, slinky thingamies

Ive noticed here in QLD that while bongs and glass pipes are illegal to sell the tobbaconists still all stock hoohkas and brass pipes whats the difference? also after the laws came in glass cocktail pourers with cone peice size glass funnels became popular they some how tranform into a bong! ooh and little glass port sippers make excellent crack pipes cant find a pic of the ones ive seen round lately but there designed much differently than the older style jobs and have lids :)

haven't seen any with lids. the ones i've seen are acceptable base pipes if you use the tube as the handle and poke a straw into the cup area, although the glass is very thick. just don't let your straw touch the hot glass! what i find actually makes an excellent base pipe, is a base pipe, you can get 'em online.

the most authentic surfers bong there is opiumfreak post-5986-0-87391600-1304592804_thumb.jp

post-5986-0-87391600-1304592804_thumb.jpg

post-5986-0-87391600-1304592804_thumb.jpg

its gotta be more hygenic though christening a new can than using a mates boogie encrusted smoking impliment.

As far as I know it's illegal to sell a bong in South Australia but legal to buy a bong or own an unused bong.

I could be wrong but as far as I know it's set up that way to criminalise vendors but not your average joe.

I'm looking at buying a new glass bong atm for decorative purposes :P

and thunder, those slinky bongs are nothing like buckets, they're amazingly harsh on your throat, it's like taking five pipes at once, I believe as the smoke gently dances upon the water's surface in a bucket it cools the smoke down which eases the pain.

Don't doctors reccomend bongs to those who can't afford vaporisers as it's a form of harm reduction compared to smoking out of a pipe/joint?

Edited by Distracted

with the exception of maybe inviting water into your lungs, i reckon bongs are second only to vaporisers. they remove a lot of the ash and whatnot although they must remove some actives too.

i had wondered about the water surface in the bucket. the water does start to stink terribly. hey at least with the slinky it's impossible to get a mouthful since there is no water. i've never used a fully functioning slinky so i can't comment from experience but when you buy them they come with a peice of cloth which you are supposed to wet and jam into the stem. that must reduce the harshness a bit although its actual purpose is to stop embers from burning holes in the plastic (which is why i've never been able to use them properly)

James Bong, licensed to chill

James Bond star Pierce Brosnan had his privacy invaded while quietly trying to buy a bong in his hometown of Malibu, California.

While Brosnan, 50, picked out an ornate $1000 glass bong at the popular Dementia smoke shop, a customer sneakily photographed the star's purchase, and then promptly sold the photos to celebrity tabloid The Star.

The customer said that Brosnan, who lives near the store, "spent ages talking to the guy behind the counter. He went from the smallest pipes to the really expensive ones. He didn't seem bothered to be seen in there."

Brosnan has never acknowledged being a toker in interviews or media reports. But maybe now he'd agree to star in a sequel to the 2000 video hit Secret Agent 420: James Bong, Licensed to Chill, which starred Rich Trapp, Tommy Chong and Frank the Angry Dwarf.

3059-Brosnan.jpg

Pierce Brosnan as `The Spy Who Bonged Me`

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3059.html

Opium freak if your from sweden you should have no problem finding sonthing like this yourself right? I mean all the awsome vendors ive seen on the net (and cant order from here in oz) are from sweden I mean a country were pots legal should sell all sorts of bongs right! Im starting to feel a little suspicious of you! weve already come to the conclusion that selling/manufacturing bongs is illegal here yet your asking for members to post pics of there bongs and sell them to you it didnt click to me untill I saw your posts bout trying to trade tobbaco seed here (Importing tobbacco seed into aus could land you in quite a bit of shit a guy I know in mareeba NQ went to prison for growing tobbaco) know I could be wrong but I just have a really off feeling about you today and feel quite compelled to mention it

hope im just being paranoid :unsure:

Ive noticed here in QLD that while bongs and glass pipes are illegal to sell the tobbaconists still all stock hoohkas and brass pipes whats the difference? also after the laws came in glass cocktail pourers with cone peice size glass funnels became popular they some how tranform into a bong! ooh and little glass port sippers make excellent crack pipes cant find a pic of the ones ive seen round lately but there designed much differently than the older style jobs and have lids :)

They are slowly re selling bongs in Queensland..went into a tobacconist in Bundy and they had 2 for sale ...I was surprised and asked what it was and with a wink she said perfume atomizer....sure enough it was a billy...40 bucks....bargaincool.gif

I was doing a bit of work on a fruit orchid....you should hear all the cone pieces being tapped out to clean them on the trailers they cart the bins in during smoko breaks...a tap tap here and a tap tap there...muffled coughs and splutters....awesome work enviromenttongue.gif

From memory, bamboo can be bad ass for ur lungs.

Perhaps i imagined it.

Yeh, making quality pipes illegal is like commanding

the masses to buy more powerade bottles

and cut more hose.

Now that's better for everyone, right? :blink:

^ Ah, wasn't aware of that. There are stacks of pipes and hookers and that sort of paraphernalia at markets and stuff round here in Melbourne.

hehe hookers at the markets.

**hookah (i think even my spelling is wrong

lol no that would be illegal. more so than just owning or buying a bong...

i think it was the principal... i.e. they encourage the "safe" use of hard drugs whereas they demand tokers create their own out of plastic which adds to the damage

Confucius say "when you find a gatorade bottle with a hole when hunting for mushrooms, you are on the right track"

ROFL, probs chasing down my trail.

bucket bong is a really terrible misnomer. something like gravity pipe would be a more honest name, because the smoke never passes through the water they are therefore nothing like a bong.

they are exactly the same as these portable bucket, slinky thingamies

yeah i have seen one made with a plastic bag before too called a lung... really wierd design which i found to be flawed as i was sure the cherry would puncture a hole in the bag but basically just a coke bottle cut in half with a plastic bag taped to it. you then slowly pull the bag out and it sucks the cone for you and then once done you inhale and smoke goes down.

I will have to try and find pics of one of my old ones (from back when they were legal *cough*) i made it from a veggiemite jar siliconed to a piece of soft "bendy" pipe with a small hose running out of the bendy pipe and connecting to the mouthpiece of a chillum. The best home made double chamber i have ever used. the chillum meant no burning plastic which made it a lot nicer on the lungs. and thin pipe made it pull slowly which helped minimise bubbling and vaporizing water which would help the lungs.

as for others the generic gatorade works for me but i prefer the new orchy juice bottles. Much more portable ! Not that i use them but if i was too then the portability would definitely be a plus.

check out my attached paint picture its a dodgy picof how chillum double chamber worked. i know my artistic skills are lacking xD also note it is our of proportion. the chillum is pretty much stuck to the bottle to allow it to balance better. hence the super bendy mouthpiece as well to help with the balance factor (although chillum sits at the same level as the veggimite base i sitll like to keep my centre of gravity central

post-6528-0-40609500-1307435276_thumb.pn

post-6528-0-40609500-1307435276_thumb.png

post-6528-0-40609500-1307435276_thumb.png

Edited by DarkSpark

So if bongs are illegal in QLD then how come I see them being sold and displayed in shop windows all the time? :S

So if bongs are illegal in QLD then how come I see them being sold and displayed in shop windows all the time? :S

I guess they are doing there best to meet demand....Like I said earlier, they are now going to the extremes of calling a bong a "perfume atomizer" and they can't explain how they work..its a nod and a wink thing.....just be grateful IMO cause there is nothing worse when you have to go back to orchy bottlestongue.gifclumsy stoners and allcool.gif