The Corroboree
Symbiate

Hippie parties worrying cops

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/9142752/hippie-parties-worrying-cops/

Police are concerned about an increase in dangerous "hippie" parties in bush where revellers aged from their teens into their 50s binge on drugs.

Boddington officer in charge Sgt Mick Sears said a bush party in Bannister at the weekend at which a 16-year-old boy was treated for a drug overdose and 16 people were charged with drug offences was just one of many similar events which had taken place in bush south of Perth.

Sgt Sears said the parties were advertised through social networking websites rather than traditional media in an apparent attempt to keep them secret from police and other authorities.

Police had found evidence of numerous bush parties held in bush south of Perth in recent months and at Easter last year charged several people with drug offences after they uncovered a similar "hippie" event in a national park at Mount Cook.

The party in Bannister which went from Saturday night through to the early hours of Sunday morning had been attended by 300 people ranging from underage teenagers to people in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s.

Police stopped more than 70 cars as they left the party, charging four motorists with drink driving and 16 people with possession of drugs including cannabis and LSD.

Sgt Sears said the organisers of the party had brought their own generators to power lights and sound systems.

"We were surprised by just how many people had drugs at this party," he said. "They were all dressed like hippies and very polite but there were a lot of people affected by drugs."

I had a friend who went to said doof, he told me that the police were searching cars without any apparent reasonable suspicion.

Don't the police have anything better to do?

lining up for 45mins waiting to exit the doof. They searched pretty much every car!

Edited by B_T

They were all dressed like hippies and were very polite

:lol: Sure sound like a bunch of troublemakers, no wonder the police were hot on their tails.... :P

basically I think this just means we should all go doofing as much as possible and then some more, because I can see shit getting hectic

• Like 1

Cops are worried about harassing innocent people to keep themselves employed? Yeah, I don't think so... :P

• Like 1

'dressed like hippies'

Lol

Nothing has changed since the 60's

• Like 1

Sgt Sears said the parties were advertised through social networking websites rather than traditional media in an apparent attempt to keep them secret from police and other authorities.

wtf? :blink:

OR... OR! Just maybe it's a lot cheaper and easier to use the interwebs?

...to evade cops. Cops are usually reading the street mags to see where the advertised parties are at because they don't have access to social networking sites.

Edited by The Dude

its only advertised like that ie/ sms/ spacebook, so they can select the crew. keeps douchebags out not cops. same thing really :P

• Like 1

its the kids overdosing thats drawing the attention it seems.

from wat I heard it wasn't an actual od but rather an ego od, either way the ambo's were called :BANGHEAD2: When sum sober person could have just driven them to the hospital.

from wat I heard it wasn't an actual od but rather an ego od, either way the ambo's were called :BANGHEAD2: When sum sober person could have just driven them to the hospital.

he was spittin blood. it was a mixture of things he took, i wont list them here but it was a mixture of perscription drugs and psychedelics. A VERY STUPID MIXTURE!

Who else is betting that the tool will end up quitting psychedelics, and becoming a pharma junkie in return? :BANGHEAD2:

Who else is betting that the tool will end up quitting psychedelics, and becoming a pharma junkie in return? :BANGHEAD2:

He's 16. I doubt hes aloud out of his room for the next year.

I detest the fact that there are SO SO MANY underagers at WA doof's. Not really a child friendly event IMO

Ouch, so quick to judge.

Sure that particular 16yo may have been foolish, but what 16yo isn't? Still a kid in all reality.

Perhaps if people looked out for each other a wee bit better, then things like that wouldn't happen so often.

I detest the fact that there are SO SO MANY underagers at WA doof's. Not really a child friendly event IMO

Why not?