The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

ephedra dosage

supposing someone had no regard for the law, and decided to break it by attempting to become intoxicated by consuming parts of the ephedra plant. How much ephedra plant (im thinking foliage, like the chives sort of stuff) would one have to consume to become nicely buzzed out. To reach a level, of say, equivelent to .1- .2 grams of methAm..... And then to reach this level. Would there be lots of unpleasant side effects??

Five tonnes of flax!

O.k but seriously. the best thing you can do with all new drugs (where legal) you haven't tried before is to start with a small dosage and work your way up.

Make a tea out of say a gram, and work your way up in half gram increments until you get to somewhere you like.

I'm sure erowid has plenty of info on the ephedrine content of Ephedra spp.

does any one know any one that uses ephedra in a tea or something for a 'pick me up' what sort of amount do they use? would i be correct in saying that this stuff is really slow growing?

I tried some as a tea and used 2.5 tsp in a cup of boiling water which I let cool then consumed, I then added more boiling water to the same material and consumed again. I definately got an effect about 45 min later which kept me going for about 4 hours or so.

I am however very sensitive to most herbs and the same dose for another friend did not produce the same speediness.

the ephedra high is not the same as meth, doesnt have the kick and euphoria, and it raises blood preassure a lot more then meth. there are better things that could be done with ephedra :D ...

Trich aura is right. It can be extremely fun, but won't get you quite as wired as meth and will have serious cardiovascular side effects. I used to take a heaped teablespoon of top grade herb and steep in boiled water for 10 minutes. I'd mix that 50:50 with chilled orange juice or tropical juice and consume over the next 2-3 hours for a wide awake, good buzz kinda feeling. Consumed all at once it would leave me quite wired for 2-3 hours.

I love the stuff, but more as an aid to staying awake or doing hard work on a hot day. As a party pill it is good if you want to have a short night and not still be wired at 7am. In combo with caffein and yohimbe it is quite a lot like MDMA... or well, maybe more like MDA.