The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ergoamide

datura smoking/eating

y is it that smoking a whole datura flower compared to ingesting a whole datura flower vary so much in effect is it due 2 some of the alkaloids being destroyed by the heat or activated better when ingested . could anyone shed some light on this subject for me please.

very different kettle of fish!

that and also orally means alot of digestion and acid and things

i couldnt tell u why it differs...

i see can anyone else shed soem light on this i find it very strange that many substances can be more active when ingested than when smoked or visa versa

If you eat them there's less damage done to the chemicals and they stay in your system for a long time because of the route they enter your bloodstream.

If you smoke them, they enter your bloodstream via your lungs and are only there for a shorter duration.

Think about eating a hash cookie, and compare it to smoking a joint. You might use comparable amounts of weed in both, but one will last a lot longer because it's in your bloodstream longer.

Also, tropanes have a long half life and this may be an attributing factor.

Also when you consume it in anyway it suppresses you digestion to some extent so slows the asbortion through your stomach.

is there a really noticable affect from smoking datura? Comparable to anything else? Can anyone that has tryed this gimme some confirmation.? I have some dryed shrooms from a few seasons ago i was gonna try smoking, but the word on them is similar to what i have found with the reports of smoking datura. Some people say it knocked them on there ass, some say it did nothing at all.

Use the search engine.

Plenty of experiences.

a friend of mine would like to know wot the flower or seed dose for a d. stramonium or ferox would be. no it is not me i have advised my friend not to do it but he wont listen so i thought at least i can make sure hes doin it safer sein as there is rally no safe with this plant.

Don't eat it!

If you're smoking it, dry it, chop it and mix it up so its of somewhat even potency across the board.

Smoke it in little bits out of a pipe. After each cone, wait 10-20 minutes before trying more and don't fall into the trap of thinking it didn't work and then having more straight away!

A good sign to know you're almost there is when you get cotton mouth :)

make sure to get some physical activity between puffs too. Often people just sit in the sofa and don't realise just how whacked they are until they get up.

anyone know why in india they use eggplant juice to antidote datura poisoning?

hi coin,thought i'd give you another q by saying that trout reports the use of capsicum sp to counteract the effects of ayahuasca!

t s t .

Another interesting note, dunno if anyone knew this but (-)-hyoscyamine is (as a tropane alkaloid) a muscarinic receptor antagonist.

Where have we heard the word muscarinic before? Amanita muscaria.