The Corroboree
tripsis

Ebay sellers who mention alkaloids and the such in their descriptions

Should complain to Ebay when this happens. It'll hose down the exposure, and hopefully keep our cacti off the radar so that collectors have half a chance to keep their plants.

I think i'll message these sellers and just point out the dangers of pointing out said alkaloids and refer them back to the proposed federal legislation we all hope to stop! perhaps they will just use that brain of theirs and edit their listings

* DONE *

Dear cosmicfaerie73,

Hi, I just felt it a responsible reaction to contact you & politely ask you to re-think your methods of marketing & edit all your cacti listings to not mention alkaloid profiles. If people who are in the know see your add they won't need it to be said to them; & if so can always send you a private message such as this to ask further questions relating to such species of cacti.

I'm not at all against you selling these! I have a large collection myself but incase your un-aware all our mescaline containing cacti are under-threat along with a host of other species of both native and exotic plants. Here is a link to the proposed federal legislation which will make all of the plants mentioned federally illegal to grow, possess, sell, etc... and will make criminals out of all of us.

Blatantly referring to alkaloid profiles doesn't help our cause and soon you won't be able to sell any cacti.

I hope you make a smart decision.

http://www.gardenfreedom.com/ <-- this site will explain it all

Edited by herbal_hindsight

i very much doubt they will though.

Should complain to Ebay when this happens. It'll hose down the exposure, and hopefully keep our cacti off the radar so that collectors have half a chance to keep their plants.

I disagree... why bring it to the attention of more authorities, they would probably ban the sale of such cacti completely...

I personally think the best way to approach these sellers is to contact them directly...

I am sure they aren't aware of the legislation and obviously haven't stopped to think about any possible consequences of mentioning alkaloids.

Others no doubt will be idiots and will just think we are paranoid but if they decide to reply to any messages sent like that; THEN it would be worth notifying ebay

:-)

Great, another douchebag. The last guy or girl that had the listing i mentioned to a few ppl here said they wouldnt change the listing and that it didnt matter as they were heading overseas anyway!!! What a thoughtful attitude. Myself and another member reported it to ebay but as with policy im unsure of the outcome.

another thing.....

Extremely slow growing not so different to SuperPed (Tri. Pachanoi x Scopulicola)

I have seen this a few times on ebay now, that super pedro is a pach x scop, the first person i saw using it was shamandude aka gomaos from EA, even if his plants are really pach x scop i dont know why he decided to use the name super pedro and if it isnt his cross or one he knows to actually be pach x scop rather the clone most of here know as super pedro then he is full of shit saying it is pach x scop. That is unless he has gone the whole genetics route and knows it to be that for sure! lol. I dont know why or when this started but really there is no proof that super ped is a pach x scop at all, none whatsoever and as for super pedro being slow growing, well obviously the seller doesnt or has never grown super pedro lol.

I have sent a very polite message via ebay to the seller of the items in question in this thread, hopefully he/she sees reason. Thanks for the heads up trip!!! :)

disagree... why bring it to the attention of more authorities, they would probably ban the sale of such cacti completely...

LOL! that is exactly what another seller said to me when i contacted them for a THIRD time in regards to their not wanting to change the mention of alks. I mentioned reporting it to ebay and that was one of the first things they said. Sometimes there is no other option im afraid.

I've seen people sell extracted mescaline on ebay calling it "cactus incense". They also sell peyote on ebay.

I think it is unusual that two people that refused to change their description on ebay used the same excuse.

Is it possible that this is a concerted effort by some to get the new legislation through?

If it turns out this is true I think they should be exposed for the ignorant and selfish people they are.

Gom/shamandude is full of it, he has very little to contribute. When he does I feel embarrassed for him, cringe factor off the scale. I suppose wisdom is not granted by age alone.

cringe factor off the scale

haha, very much so! At times is like a whining little kid and with about as much insight into certain situations. Most of what i read is him complaining, generally about nazi this and nazi that although im sure he has contributed his fair share over the years.

The seller of the items listed in this thread has thankfully decided to edit out mention of alks, seems like a very reasonable person indeed :)

Good to know, thanks for emailing him guys. :)

That's insane haha! What next? Guns - for decoration only.

lmao :P That's a good one

Well it seems the listings have been edited... I can't see any mention of alkaloids in the description.

Well it seems the listings have been edited... I can't see any mention of alkaloids in the description.

The seller of the items listed in this thread has thankfully decided to edit out mention of alks, seems like a very reasonable person indeed :)

Have you been sniffing "cacti incense" or something? :wink:

No I just didn't read through the entirety of the thread, and read through the descriptions on the eBay lots before reading a few posts and skimming the rest. :) My mistake