The Corroboree
Yogibear

Passion-fruit Leaves..

Given that the leaves and roots are meant to contain Harmine/MAOIs, and not having any Syrian Rue on hand, can I simply stuff a few leaves in me?

..I wouldn't even ask, except that I vaguely recall some level og poison being present in the leaves, and death-by-cyanosis doesn't particularly appeal to me.

I was under the impression that the levels were just very, very low.

Probably not the most enjoyable thing to eat 10 kg of leaf, but all that fibre would be good for your digestive health, so I say go for it.

Make a tea from the leafs, vine, etc.

many passionflowers contain cyanide compounds.....place plant material in mortar and crush to mush....can you smell an almond like smell? if yes take it outside or at least put an exhaust fan on.

crushed and dried most of the cyanide should go off as a gas due to enzyme reaction,i think.simmered in a brew with vinegar the cyanide comes off as a gas and the brew becomes safe to drink.....ventilation is needed.

mild headachy feeling and lack of concentration are signs of low level exposure to cyanide compounds.you get this from smoking untreated passionflower if it contains cyanide compounds.

which passionflower?

t s t .

• Like 1

passionflowers dont usually contain very large amounts of harmala alkaloids and they seem to be mainly harman type so most likely not very active as a maoi but may be pleasant otherwise.

often in my experience passionflower affects the benzo receptors and i dont know about aya on valium like effects...

t s t .

Thank you Danke, Graçias

which passionflower?

I'm not sure, it has no flowers on it - or fruit.

But, if the Harmine levels are pityfully low, there's prbably more efficiant ways of procuring an MAOI; Maybe a bottle of St Johns Wort Liquid Extract or something from the chemist?

--Jason

I've got access to a strain tested highest known in the world, so I may well try that out soon! :-)

Julian.

I've got access to a strain tested highest known in the world, so I may well try that out soon! :-)

Julian.

Reproduce that sucker!

Thoguh, Harmine/MAOIs themselves aren't any fun at all; they're just catalysts that blow-open the receptors in your brain to absorb the drug you take WITH it, I do believe.

this may have killed the person or at least made them sick.

a good example why i think you are a danger....and a big neg rep would show this to others....

t s t .

• Like 2

many passionflowers contain cyanide compounds.....place plant material in mortar and crush to mush....can you smell an almond like smell? if yes take it outside or at least put an exhaust fan on.

crushed and dried most of the cyanide should go off as a gas due to enzyme reaction,i think.simmered in a brew with vinegar the cyanide comes off as a gas and the brew becomes safe to drink.....ventilation is needed.

mild headachy feeling and lack of concentration are signs of low level exposure to cyanide compounds.you get this from smoking untreated passionflower if it contains cyanide compounds.

This is good information. Where did you find the processing info?

snu and t[utse]

t s t .

yes i've been very surprised at the difference this makes,datura for example also may contain hcn.....

Only use Passiflora incarnata!

Can you not get access to syrian rue?

I am yet to go exploring myself but I've heard rumours of large wild weedy crops in Adelaide's far-north.

We do seem to have a good climate for it... also i'm pretty sure SAB sell the seed don't they?

The only Passiflora known to contain the goodies and not cyanogenic glycosides is Passiflora incarnata. If using another species, you could boil the brew for a long period of time. If done proper, this will release all of the cyanid from the cyanidogenic glycosides. The boiling should take place in a very well aired environment, as the cyanide will be released in gas form from the boiling, a gas that should not under any circumstances be inhaled. If attempting this, research extensively and KNOW what you are doing, cyanide is a fatal poison that is NOT to be played with!

All parts of the plants are active, but in all species the amount of harmaloids is so ridiculously low that it isn't even worth thinking about as an activator of DMT. It may work as a potentiator with other tryptamines though, but know that it is also a sedative. Personally I enjoy it in changa and in my bedtime tea mixture.

Edited by Evening Glory

i think incarnata could be ideal to experiment with, if we go towards maoi inhibitation regarding, ephedra tea or what ever, of the large ammount of plants which interact with maoi inhibitation, but where caapi and rue would already pose some risks.

i would be very carefull, mixing maoi's, i used st. johns wort on a regularly basis and once ingested a ssri pill, not a nice, bit scary.....

passifloras often also contain flavonoids,esp in the flowers? apigenin ,kaempherol etc which are thought to also have maoi properties.

t s t .

Well, I've since been given a bunch of Peganum Harmala seeds, so the exploration of the Passiflora species is no longer necessary for moi.

But, you know, I have to say I find it odd, that consuming Harmine containing plant matter is apparently illegal; St Johns Wort contains Harmine alkaloids, and yet that's sold in Supermarkets, Chemists AND Health Food stores.

I wrote that in the deleted post, and the question still remains: Is the SAB Web-store wrong? ..or is everyone who consumes the Harmine containing St Johns Wort 'preparations' doing so illegally?

--Jason

I used to smoke p.incarnata leaves a lot when I lived south-side ACT,just dried rolled and smoked like a spliff...It was stoney!

Did someone end up getting cuttings....trying to remember the ACT member I gave the old addy to.

Haven't heard back on bio-assay,mind you this was back in early 2000 and something....a home-brewer....darn memory.

Well, I've since been given a bunch of Peganum Harmala seeds, so the exploration of the Passiflora species is no longer necessary for moi.

But, you know, I have to say I find it odd, that consuming Harmine containing plant matter is apparently illegal; St Johns Wort contains Harmine alkaloids, and yet that's sold in Supermarkets, Chemists AND Health Food stores.

I wrote that in the deleted post, and the question still remains: Is the SAB Web-store wrong? ..or is everyone who consumes the Harmine containing St Johns Wort 'preparations' doing so illegally?

--Jason

i dont think st johns wort contains harmala alkaloids.possible maoi but not harmalas.....

t s t .

Yeah, St Johns Wort doesnt contain harmala alkaloids, and it's MAOI properties is very weak. It is more or less useless to potentiate anything to any real degree, but it's a good anti-depressant.

Passiflora incarnata CAN be used to make DMT orally active. It's great in a brew with Mimosa root bark.

Passiflora incarnata CAN be used to make DMT orally active. It's great in a brew with Mimosa root bark.

Only if you use ridiculously large amounts. The amount of harmala alkaloids in P. incarnata is about 1/80 compared to in Peganum harmala. 3-5 grams of seeds of the latter is needed to activate DMT properly, which means that around 240 to 400 grams of dried P. incarnata is needed to achieve the same. I don't understand why you have to say things that isn't factual, do you just enjoy talking out of your ass? Mimosa hostilis syn. tenuiflora brew is, by the way, active on it's own in the proper dosages.

It is noted in Snu's Garden of Eden that Passiflora is used in conjunction with Mimosa.

The amount of harmala alkaloids in P. incarnata is about 1/80 compared to in Peganum harmala. 3-5 grams of seeds of the latter is needed to activate DMT properly, which means that around 240 to 400 grams of dried P. incarnata is needed to achieve the same. I don't understand why you have to say things that isn't factual, do you just enjoy talking out of your ass?

Isn't factual? You JUST SAID it's orally activates DMT at 240-400g. Your the one talking out your ass and contradicting yourself!

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

i read a letter by man, in an out of print newsletter publication, saying that the active amount of passionflower leaves required was about 1-2 lbs dry, this is for ayahuasca admixture analog use, the author of the letter claimed to have done this several times and did report having boiled it

if you say it takes too much, but have not tried it... that is kind of ignorant

better first hand experience than speculation for or against, regardless of the data in publications