The Corroboree
monnsta

Can't create posts / PMs on iPad

Yep - I'm a worshipper at the "Church of Job's" (aka Apple), and I recently grabbed myself a shiny new iPad..... The only problem I have is that I can't post topics / PMs etc. on this site. Essentially, when the "New Topic" page is loaded, the "core" text area doesn't seem to be recognised as a valid location to enter text - i.e. I can enter a topic title / description, but can't actually enter any content. I did undertake a quick search on the forums and couldn't turn up anything, and I presume that it's due to the apple proprietary implementation of Javascript so there's probably not much that can be done, but I thought I'd post the issue anyway in case there's an easy way for me to fix it.

All suggestions gratefully accepted, with multiple shouts of pintage at a venue of my choosing if you're in Perth and manage to suggest the fix, otherwise I'll have to award all nominated pintage to myself for being such a good listener when I was told the fix :)

Jailbreak it (if you're willing) and install a javascript enabling mod or somesuch?

Or buy a real computer :P

Yeah, i use an Apple Ipod touch to get my fix when the kids are hogging the computer. Its a lot different viewing and using the forum through an apple device. Hopefully Apple will soon improve the technology for Forum lovers like us.

Try getting the free IPB (IP Board) app from the app store - i couldnt use my iphone to post for ages, then the forum got updated and i have no problem now, but i still use the app for convenience.

Are you using 3G or wifi?

Jailbreak it (if you're willing) and install a javascript enabling mod or somesuch?

Or buy a real computer :P

Already executed the Jailbreak, but there's nothing available in the Java space - most likely because there is already an implementation on the iPad which works in most scenarios...

And I'm not going to dignify your other statement with an answer :P

Try getting the free IPB (IP Board) app from the app store - i couldnt use my iphone to post for ages, then the forum got updated and i have no problem now, but i still use the app for convenience.

Funnily enough after your post I broke out my iPhone and found the formatting was significantly different - on the iPad is pretty much looks like it would on a real computer's browser. So, I'm now in the situation where I could write updates on the iPhone, but not on the iPad.... :BANGHEAD2:

Anyhoo, I've sort of managed a workaround. I can enter new posts / reply to old by disabling JavaScript.... Of course the only problem then is that I can't put any rich text, pretty picutres etc. Looks like I'll be breaking the laptop out every now and then....

And for the record..... the laptop isn't an Apple :rolleyes: