The Corroboree
tripsis

Free rare Solanaceae seeds.

I've got small amounts of some very rare seeds from several species of Solanaceae which I'm willing to give away. I had been planning on growing these myself at some point, but won't be able for some time, so would like to see them sown before they become nonviable.

However, there are a few conditions...

- Firstly, you must be competent at raising delicate plants from seed, as I want these seeds to reach their full potential and make there away around the community.

- Secondly, you must have at least 50 posts. This is to help ensure that you've been a contributing member for at least a little.

- Thirdly, to those who receive seeds, please post photos/information of your progression with the seeds/plants so that all of us, myself included, can see these rare and beautiful plants growing.

- Finally, I'll send some of the following to the first 20 people to post in this thread.

Please do not ask for seeds if you lack the necessary skills to grow these plants.

I have seeds of the following:

Anisodus luridus

Anthocercis littorea

Atropa baetica (extremely rare and only have around 10 seeds)

A. acuminata

A. komarovii

Hyoscyamus desertorum

H. niger v. pallidus

H. pusillus

H. aureus

Physochalina physaloides

P. orientalis

Scopolia carniolica (only around 10 seeds)

Not sure how I should distribute each species... Each person can request, let's say, four species. The number of seeds I have of each species varies, so the number of seeds each person will receive will vary too. If one species runs out of seed, I'll edit the thread to reflect that. The A. baetica I'd like to give to someone who is especially good at cultivating plants, particularly members of the Solanaceae family. If you think that is you, then say so.

Treating them with GA3 is recommended.

Edited by tripsis

:drool2: :drool2:

Fuck I am interested alright if you're willing to send to greece

I am asking for the 4 Hyoscyamus species or the three of them excluding H. niger var. pallida which I have already grown.

If more people would like to try Hyoscyamus, you'd better split it, of course. I would love to see some of the other plants, but Hyoscyamus is by far a fave genus. They call it 'Demon-plant' [δαιμοναριά, demonaria ] here, as opposed to the better known in Greece daturas which are refered to as 'devilsplant' [διαβολόχορτο , diavolohorto ]

Most Hyoscyamus are native around the mediterranean area and mid east. So if you decide to send, you'll be sending pretty near where they're naturally supposed to be at. And timing is pretty good for me to sow in the next 2 months. I am into sowing mood anyways and I will be sowing some acacias too.

Plus I will bioeesay some leaf of them and compare to niger and alba leaf [not that I expect them to be that different]. All Hyoscyamus are annuals, right?? Last but not least, Hyoscyamus seed is reported to stay viable for many years, even 10 years I think, in case you want to keep some of these for your own sowing pleazure - not sure whether this is true for all species though...

tropane plants are not 'evil' just like swearwords themselves are not 'evil'

Very negerous offer of yours tripsis, respect is due

PS I will try to get GA3 , I think a friend has some

Edited by mutant

I can send to Greece, providing that it is legal to do so and that you can cover shipping costs. If I send in a padded envelope, I'd have to declare the contents of the envelope (would this be a problem?) and it will be more expensive. If I send in a normal envelope, I wouldn't need to declare the contents and I'd be able to cover the cost myself (around $2.20 I think), but the seeds will risk getting crushed.

hell yeah.

we can tlk in pm. nice work!

I have no problem with you declaring the content, but I find unbelievable the strictness of oz laws. fuck I hate man civilization.

I am sure you can figure out some way to protect the seeds in a normal envelope. I wish I could send you guys some trade. Well I can send sporeprint of P.serbica. It might like australia ;)

No trade necessary, just PM me your details. I'll try padding them in a normal envelope.

Hey Tripsis,I'm interested in the P. orientalis....

and or the Pin Yin (Anisodus luridus)

:)

I'd love to stick my hands up for the Atropa baetica and Scopolia carniolica. Will PM.

What a generous offer!

:worship::wub::drool2:

Edited by WoodDragon

I'd love to stick my hands up for the Atropa baetica and Scopolia carniolica. Will PM.

What a generous offer!

:worship::wub::drool2:

I think if I remember right, Hyoscamus seeds remain viable for long periods. Ive heard of the story of weed seeds found in the pharoahs tombs. I am not sure what they were but Hyoscamus could of been a possibility.

They might survive 10,000 years especially if buried deep in the soil where they can enter dormancy or if kept frozen but not frozen if you know what i mean like say in the lemmings burrow. Many weed seeds can do that until conditions are right such as water, sunlight..etc.

Solanaceae has got to be one of the most interesting plant families around. Anyone know of hades plant? I forget the Genus. It isn't anything common like Atropa, Datura, Mandragora, Hyoscamus..etc.

It is a different genus i remember.

Thanks bro! either eyether but especially interested in the Hyoscyamus lot! you are a ledg!

Atropa baetica (extremely rare and only have around 10 seeds)

A. acuminata

A. komarovii

Hyoscyamus desertorum

H. niger v. pallidus

H. pusillus

H. aureus

Scopolia carniolica (only around 10 seeds)

To those interested, PM me your details and preferences. If there are not more responses in the next few days, I'll reduce the number of people who get seeds to 5 or 10 and divvy up what I have between them. Won't be able to send out until the new year anyway.

i would like to grow in particular Anisodus luridus and also P. orientalis

i am hopefully getting a plant of Scopolia carniolica soon so wont request those as others will be keen

amazing list you have together there tripsis, dont see them every day :wink:

i hope the sun comes out soon, havent had a dry season this year... i had better focus more on non-cacti seed methinks

Hmmm, just checked how many seeds I have of the Physochalina orientalis. Only have 9, so mescalito gets them.

Thanks for the generous offer!! I certainly want to put my hand up as this is my fav family as you might have guessed.

I'm happy to try any of the seeds that are still available. I'm in SA but have constructed a glasshouse so can grow a wide range.

And having recently been given a camera I'm keen to use it.

I have confidence in the Atropa sp. and the Hyoscamus sp. as I have had success with the more common species and several were already naturalised in the area.

I'm really interested to try Physochalina sp. and Scopolia but would be happy to try growing any and all species on your amazing list :worship:.

Again very generous of you, hope I'm not too late.

Sola

Alright, I'll limit it there. Can't really be bothered sending to too many people, have heaps to do before heading to NZ as it is. Whatever I've got, I'll divide amongst all who posted here, depending on your preferences stated.

Enjoy!

umm i am pretty sure that envolopes go though a roller and it presses the envelope which would crush seeds depending where u live an i spose if ur lucky u might not get em rolled not sure how true it is but id say padded would be the way go to ensure some safety

Suggestion for sending seeds abroad (and by post in general), use paddle bubble envelopes, and wrap the seeds in foil aluminum paper to protect them from x ray!

Regards

Carlos

Edited by dreamfrutas

Thanks man!!!!!

Only just back on the P.C. ,had a slight do in with a scooter on Chrissy Day :rolleyes::blush:

PM on it's way.

Thanks again Tripsis Happy New year

mesc....

Sending today to everyone bar _e_ who hasn't sent me a PM yet.

Edited by tripsis