The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Cady

Smoking at EGA 2010

Im looking forward to it too. works sorted...transport is sorted... I just need a ticket as soon as ronny is sorted:P

I think this just reinforces the "straight world" millieu of expected behavior and reaction to "drugs".

And people calling people "straights" "cunts" and "irrational" just feeds the status quo. Better to try and educate them to be tolerant and reasonable and understanding I should think, if you believe these things.

or do you want to be labeled as some shit box drop out hippy still still searching for john lennon's utopia? .

All this is such passe stereotypes and BS... why bother feeding it?

Don't label people as straights!

So on the other hand, dreaming of a better world is a shit load better than just accepting a crap one and conforming to it like every other man.

If you are going to go around living as if "Today Tonight" were going to do a piece on you, you are already wasting your time being alive, better to take a bullet than keep living if you are going to try and look good for mainstream sensationalist television!

Kids, don't suck Satan's cock, unless you really, really have to, even then - make sure not to swallow!

Julian.

There were also people smoking damiana, which definitely doesn't smell like pot.

I personally did not even notice people smoking pot.

Neither did I.

Perhaps people should just stop assuming that every rolly has cannabis and/or tobacco in it?

Even if there was pot being smoked, it didn't seem to cause a problem at the event and making public complaints about it won't stop it in future and can only lead to trouble.

From what I understand pot smoking is a pretty normal thing at these kinds of events all over the world. If people do it, maybe doing it around the corner from the front door will stop offending any audience members, straighties or otherwise. If it does offend you in future, maybe asking the offenders to politely do it away from the door is the best option.

and may i dare ask, what happens to all the money generated by EGA, does it go in some promoters pocket or does it go to ........erm drug awareness and plant charity.

LOL, the outdoor events run at huge losses. I know that Ronny shouldered a debt from last year's event as big as many people's annual income here!! So, even if the indoor one makes a profit [which I don't know if it does] this would merely offset some of the losses from the outdoor event. Putting on an event like this you have to risk losing 10-20K and if it ends up being anything less than that then that's a bonus. That's the main reason why so many people talk about it, but no one actually does it.

Headline: Drug user smokes drugs at drug conference, news at eleven

Personally I don't think that smoking pot near the doors was a good idea either, but I was pleasantly surprised during the event at how many people *weren't* doing it.

I'd say the vast majority got it, that conspicuous consumption near the entrance is likely to draw unwanted attention and there were plenty of other places to light up within cooee. Besides, that close to the doors there was the chance that they'd have to share it with the whole crowd :wink:

At any event there will always be some people who don't get it, either because they don't know yet, maybe there was a genuine reason, or because there is always someone in every crowd everywhere who has some perverse agenda or statement to push

I reckon if you can smell those fragrant emanations at an EGA event and you're not comfortable with that, wander over and ask the perpetrator gently whether they think it's an appropriate thing to be doing.

At least at an event like EGA your enquiry is most likely to be given a considered reply

JDanger - Bingo!

Headline: Drug user smokes drugs at drug conference, news at eleven

:lol::wink:

At any event there will always be some people who don't get it, either because they don't know yet, maybe there was a genuine reason, or because there is always someone in every crowd everywhere who has some perverse agenda or statement to push

"Free tokes for all" for example? :P

I would like to say thank you to Torsten for his above post and for his "What's legal" talk at EGA. I feel I shouldn't have to share or explain my history with alcohol and other drugs but I am quietly confident I am relatively qualified to make an ID based on the sense of smell alone of some such substances.

I refuse to apologise for my emotional response to what I saw and this thread I started. I take my relationship with the plants seriously like a lot of others around here and I take full ownership of my identity Josh O... but in jest have changed my profile name to lordbaddigestionbloodpoo I hope you all get a laugh because hanging on too shit makes it hard to passunsure.gifunsure.gif

Dude, that's a bad name. And you're stuck with it for a year!!! <- (no pun intended)

but yeah, I got a laugh. :P