The Corroboree
Prophet

Sida rhombifolia?

Not sure how much fresh leaf you should use. I used the roots of about ten plants chopped up finely and that was quite potent. I don't think the leaves are as strong as the roots though. You might want to try using the leaves of about ten plants and see how that goes. If it doens't work next time you could up the dosage. Or you could try smoking the leaves. :) Depends how big the plants are. Most of the plants that i had didn't have much leaf because the leaves were eaten by catipillars. If they are very leafy plants you probably don't have to use many. Maybe someone who has tried the leaves can let you know how much to use.

SIK took 45grams approximately of S. Rhombifolia dried consisting of seeds/seedpods and leaf from mature flowering plant

Ground dried leaf in coffee grinder and placed in saucepan covered with approx 1.5 -2.0 l of water , this was bolied for approximately 2hrs , leaf removed and water filtered then slowly reduced reduced over a low heat on thee stove for several more hours until a black tarry goup est. weight 5-8g approx.

200mg consumed , some effect but very little goo was consumed in varying increments over the next three hours 300mg , 400mg, 600mg, 300mg total 1.8g consumed distinctlyy stimulating , states of deep focus , some degree of effect on coordination , mild head tingles and jaw grind nothing overlly amazing but distinctly stimulating, The person who undertook this advised me he had a feeling the time over which the dose was consumded may well have limited the overall effects a friend of his took approximately 1.5g in one go but had not heard back from him yet ...will post updates on smoking effect and single dose as soon as known

cheers for that, very interressting!

you say 45g dried material, seeds and leaves, can you provide more detail, how much of the total weight was just in the seeds?

as reports seem to point to that the seeds are the most potent parts of this plant.

cheers for that, very interressting!

you say 45g dried material, seeds and leaves, can you provide more detail, how much of the total weight was just in the seeds?

as reports seem to point to that the seeds are the most potent parts of this plant.

Sorry thats a negative , it was just a single large plant, I would rather not estimate the portion which was seed and seed pod , the seeds were quite young and very soft I can say that.

basically the whole plant was stripped of all flowers leaf and seed were all dried together in oven. According to the certain SIK he knows of several large patches , and after no real negative side effects from last nights experimentation will be lookiing biossaying specfgic parts of the plant in the near future, Ill keep an update running in this thread for anyone intrested

pretty sure sina has said before that ephedrine is destroyed at high temps,

so it's best to dry/brew at room temp.

pretty sure sina has said before that ephedrine is destroyed at high temps,

so it's best to dry/brew at room temp.

Curriosity is psedo as volatile . SWIM thought there was a distinctly more toomuch sudafed type effect , and large dose in SWIM reported the same ...hmm wonder if its one of the other actives in the plant causing these minimal effects . SWIM said he had undertaken a similar exercise with ephedra plants used a lot less water and did not cover when boiling This wwas a much stronger more pleasant experience , another factor swim would like to raise is the used extraction method didn't go far enough in eliminating unwanted elements as had some nice stomach cramps the next day. Will certainly be looking into viability of a few other solvents with this plant

The idea of Swims biossay was to look into the effect of water extartion and concentration , before moving on to other methods if necessary , guessing to find anything effective it will be necessary

If you did a straight water extraction then you wouldn't have very much pseudo in your product as its not very soluble in water as opposed to eph which is very soluble in water. Talking freebase of course.

Eph is rather volatile at 100 deg C though so you may have lost some during the reducing step.

I'd add some vinegar to form the acetate salt which will increase solubility and stop any loss from volatility. Will pull the pseudo as well. The above is assuming that the alkaloids exist as in a freebase form in the plant.

Eph is stable at 100 deg C, there is no degredation at all according to the text I'm sourcing from.

Edit: Forgot to add that your friend should check the laws where he/she lives before carrying out extractions on plants containing these alkaloids. Its a no no here in Oz.

Edited by Harry

If you did a straight water extraction then you wouldn't have very much pseudo in your product as its not very soluble in water as opposed to eph which is very soluble in water. Talking freebase of course.

Eph is rather volatile at 100 deg C though so you may have lost some during the reducing step.

I'd add some vinegar to form the acetate salt which will increase solubility and stop any loss from volatility. Will pull the pseudo as well. The above is assuming that the alkaloids exist as in a freebase form in the plant.

Eph is stable at 100 deg C, there is no degredation at all according to the text I'm sourcing from.

Edit: Forgot to add that your friend should checkhe laws where he/she lives before carrying out extractions on plants containing these alkaloids. Its a no no here in Oz.

sweet , SwIM tells we that he feels the temperature was around 100-120 during his reducing processs so probably right there , so anyone done any research on the other alkaloids, as to factors like water solubility , he advises me he is aware that these alkaloids have quite low quanties in the plant some of them may be present in his extraction , he is also wondering about the tryptamines anyone tried smoking an extract ?

Yes swim lives overseas so he is lucky and does not need to deal with harassment from the authorities for his pursuits

Edited by neoshaman

was recently speaking to a friend overseas who said he had tried the above mentioned technique ( use of vinegar ) very successfully , after reducing it he had baked it at low heat to a hard, but plyable resin approx 50grams of starting product resulted in 14grams of resin although up to 30% of product was lost being stuck to the drying medium , 2L of water was used in the process and 500ml WWVinegar ( approx 7% acetic acid).

1g or more had stimulating qualities 2g was quite a plaesant medium level of stimulation and this state could be prolonged by slowly increasing the dose with 3-4g sufficient to provide a pleasant level of stimulation for over 12 hours with few very side effects. Appetite suppression was definitely present , however if one wanted to eat it was quite easy to digest food. No real effect on sex drive either positive or negative. Some jaw tension and mild stomach upset became present at higher doses

Please note such procedures in Australia , would be illegal and I have posted this information provided to me by an overseas resident for the educational purposes of other forum users

plant alkaloids are present as salts in the plant in almost all cases. Certainly ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are present as salts in the varies species they occur in. Adding a little acid is usually a good idea to help extraction of alkaloids, but is in most cases not essential.

Sida sp. are quite a weed around here, must say I am unable to tell acuta and rhombifolia apart yet (any tips?)

It is a pity Sida tea is illegal, I met an old bushy who had been drinking it instead of black tea for years, he couldn't stop laughing when I informed him of his favourite drinks legal status.

Most of the info below is on the SAB store site, however some of it is more detailed

Seems they contain quite a few alkaloids according to this

http://books.google.com/books?id=463ERB3Ve...hl=en#PPA426,M1

From above link: Roots of all other Sida spp. also contain the alkaloids beta-phenethylamine, ephedrine, si-ephedrine, vasicinone, vasicine, vasicinol, choline, betaine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1740206....Pubmed_RVBrief

From above link: Three types of alkaloidal constituents, viz., beta-phenethylamines, quinazolines and carboxylated tryptamines, in addition to choline and betaine have been isolated from SIDA ACUTA B URM., S. HUMILIS W ILLD., S. RHOMBIFOLIA L., and S. SPINOSA L.

Carboxylated tryptamines? I'm assuming this is the "hipaphorine and related indole alkaloids" mentioned on the SAB store site.

Horses graze on this stuff sparingly, I wonder if the alkaloids have a beneficial effect? (not psychoactive as the amounts are appear to small). Could a police horse be fired if it ate a sida leaf?

Anyway I forgot to ask my original question a friend has a problem with sida taking over his pastures (hasn't asked the DPI yet, thought you guys might know a bit more) anyone know anything about it in terms of weed management?

Thanks

Sida sp. are quite a weed around here, must say I am unable to tell acuta and rhombifolia apart yet (any tips?)

It is a pity Sida tea is illegal, I met an old bushy who had been drinking it instead of black tea for years, he couldn't stop laughing when I informed him of his favourite drinks legal status.

Most of the info below is on the SAB store site, however some of it is more detailed

Seems they contain quite a few alkaloids according to this

http://books.google.com/books?id=463ERB3Ve...hl=en#PPA426,M1

From above link: Roots of all other Sida spp. also contain the alkaloids beta-phenethylamine, ephedrine, si-ephedrine, vasicinone, vasicine, vasicinol, choline, betaine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1740206....Pubmed_RVBrief

From above link: Three types of alkaloidal constituents, viz., beta-phenethylamines, quinazolines and carboxylated tryptamines, in addition to choline and betaine have been isolated from SIDA ACUTA B URM., S. HUMILIS W ILLD., S. RHOMBIFOLIA L., and S. SPINOSA L.

Carboxylated tryptamines? I'm assuming this is the "hipaphorine and related indole alkaloids" mentioned on the SAB store site.

Horses graze on this stuff sparingly, I wonder if the alkaloids have a beneficial effect? (not psychoactive as the amounts are appear to small). Could a police horse be fired if it ate a sida leaf?

Anyway I forgot to ask my original question a friend has a problem with sida taking over his pastures (hasn't asked the DPI yet, thought you guys might know a bit more) anyone know anything about it in terms of weed management?

Thanks

weed control is recommended by cutting down to root level and painting with gycol sulphate (?) I'm pretty sure thats what I come across, although depending what the soils like you can occasionally uproot them completely , the trick is these little bastards have an unbelieveable amount of seed so theres probably a good chance that will get spread in cutting back aerial parts of the plant I believe there aren't really any completely effectivee control methods

Sida rhombifolia

1 large pipe of whole seeds causes stimulation and very strange shift in mindset for almost 12 hours. This has been repeated several times with the same effects. 3 large pipes while coming off 15mg dexedrine at 7am caused inability to sleep until 3am the following morning, which is very odd.

Has anyone else experienced these kind of effects, or am i reacting a bit unusually? I dont consider it especially pleasant and probably won't repeat.

The best option would be to cut at the base and bin them if they have seeded and apply neat glyphosate eg. roundup, to the surface as chaos said. Cos if you try n pull them out in my experience your likely to break your back...clay soil. Depending on the size of the area and how badly infested the site is and if there are native species around spraying starane would be effective but the last option i'd choose only in degraded areas.

Sida rhombifolia

1 large pipe of whole seeds causes stimulation and very strange shift in mindset for almost 12 hours. This has been repeated several times with the same effects. 3 large pipes while coming off 15mg dexedrine at 7am caused inability to sleep until 3am the following morning, which is very odd.

Has anyone else experienced these kind of effects, or am i reacting a bit unusually? I dont consider it especially pleasant and probably won't repeat.

interesting uncle...can u describe the feeling a bit more in detail...dexys seem to synergise in quite odd ways with other compounds, for instance don't take phenibut and dex together or u will lose control of gravity and fall down almost defiantly without warning...very weird very repeatable and not fun at all.

would like to grow some sida in a controlled pot environment actually, if any seed was going I'd also like to try your seed method uncle and see whats doing...it would have to be a tea though I'm off smoking anything.

I can't describe the shift in mindset, just different, maybe slightly depressed, just odd, which i didn't notice the first time but recognised it each time after. Combined with the dexys didn't seem to really have any synergy, but i just expected to be able to sleep by 8 or 9am like usual. Instead it was a horrible struggle to get to sleep until the night after.

Send me your addy chiral and i will post some seed over soon. My plant is still flowering so will have more seed very soon. Now to wikipedia phenibut..

I can't describe the shift in mindset, just different, maybe slightly depressed, just odd, which i didn't notice the first time but recognised it each time after. Combined with the dexys didn't seem to really have any synergy, but i just expected to be able to sleep by 8 or 9am like usual. Instead it was a horrible struggle to get to sleep until the night after.

Send me your addy chiral and i will post some seed over soon. My plant is still flowering so will have more seed very soon. Now to wikipedia phenibut..

Ive had limited sucsess with sida R leaves but its quite rampent on my folks property and they dont want it there so i started harvesting seed not sure what one cone would do for me but around 4-5gms of seed brewed into tea seems eqivelent to 120mg of psudo. theres acuta around here too and ive found it less active but worth a look all the same. seems to me the cordifolia line ends around proserpine/arlie beach but ive found isolated patches inland around nebo and it seems you cant be to sure what will grow from seed collected from cordifolia i think it must cross easily

Lots of Sida cordifolia on my property and surrounds. If I have Id'd it properly. The grey hairy stuff.

I find a fistful of mixed "tops" per cup of brew more than adequate for kundalinic exercises and general stamina. Squeeze of lemon juice in the pot to stop things breaking down. I guess that is what Harry means with the vinegar? Correct me if I am wrong, still learning this stuff!

Very similar to double dosing cold meds or a measured dose of ephedra stem back in the good old days. I have heard that the small, smooth green varieties are on average half as strong, but I may be wrong. That's just hearsay.