The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

LSD, now made in India

LSD, now made in India

An indigenous industry engaged in manufacturing the popular party drug has spawned in parts of the state and Gujarat; it was earlier smuggled in from Europe and the USA

It's raining money for businesses this festive season and drug dealers don't want to be left behind.

To cater to the spurt in demand for LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethymalide), drug dealers have set up manufacturing units in the outskirts of Maharashtra and parts of Gujarat, said Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) officials.

The popular party drug was, so far, smuggled in from Europe and the USA owing to lack of expertise needed for its manufacture.

Now, however, chemical experts help the dealers in making LSD in areas like Raigadh district, Vapi and Valsad and it is then smuggled into major cities like Mumbai using ingenious methods.

One of the popular ways of evading detection is soaking blotting paper in the chemical and camouflaging it with images of Hindu gods, celebrities, heritage sites and sun signs.

The paper is then divided into tiny strips which the user puts under his tongue to let the LSD mix with saliva. Each strip costs around Rs 2,000 while the complete paper is sold for nearly Rs 6 lakh.

"The demand for LSD in party circuits in Mumbai has increased by several times. Hence, dealers have started manufacturing it here," said a senior NCB.

"Using blotting paper or blotter makes the drug difficult to detect and makes bulk transfers easy owing to its small volume. Blotter is also easy to dispose during a raid."

The official added that agencies are keeping a close watch on the manufacturing units and are likely to zero-in on them soon.

According to preliminary reports, a few foreigners are also suspected to be involved in the illegal manufacturing.

'Trippy'

LSD needs to be made through synthesisation of chemicals, a process which requires immense skill and expertise.

Made by reacting diethylamine with an activated form of lysergic acid, LSD is available in three forms liquid, sugar cubes and blotter.

Sources said blotter is the most commonly used form and is easy to consume and supply. The street names for LSD include Trip, Acid, Dose, Blotter and CID.

http://www.mid-day.c...ews/2010/oct/14 ... y-drug.htm

post-4908-128762078831_thumb.jpg

yui.jpg

yui.jpg

Edited by blowng

The popular party drug was, so far, smuggled in from Europe and the USA owing to lack of expertise needed for its manufacture.

LSD needs to be made through synthesisation of chemicals, a process which requires immense skill and expertise.

:scratchhead:

smuggled in from Europe and the USA owing to lack of expertise needed for its manufacture [in India]

LSD: Get it in to ya (India)

• Like 1

Can any one tell me why its called LSD and not LAD = Lysergic Acid Diethylamide ???

Wonder what Hindu images they use on their blotter paper... Killa Kalis' would look cool

kali-1.jpg

Can any one tell me why its called LSD and not LAD = Lysergic Acid Diethylamide ???

Because LSD comes from the German Lysergsaure Diethylamide(sp?)

I wondered that for a long-ass time, too lol.

• Like 1

yeah, it would have to be Kali, slayer of the ego ?

Because LSD comes from the German Lysergsaure Diethylamide(sp?)

I wondered that for a long-ass time, too lol.

Thanks FP, but , then why not LD? Bloody confusing scientific names.

LSD: Get it in to ya (India)

LOL

Thanks FP, but , then why not LD? Bloody confusing scientific names.

Lyserg + Saure ('acid') + Diethylamid

Hope I'm not derailing the thread...

is "saure" where "sour" came from?

I think so, yes :)

The online etymology dictionary has this to say:

O.E. sur, from P.Gmc. *suraz (cf. O.N. surr, M.Du. suur, Du. zuur, O.H.G. sur, Ger. Sauer), from PIE base *suro- "sour, salty, bitter" (cf. O.C.S. syru, Rus. syroi "moist, raw;" Lith. suras "salty," suris "cheese"). French sur "sour, tart" (12c.) is a Gmc. loan-word. The verb is attested from c.1300. Sense in whisky sour is from 1885. Sour cream is attested from 1855.

Now if we can just get someone to translate - LOL

I assume 'Gmc' means Germanic.

Sauerkraut anyone?

Saure is actually written Säure which means acid like you already mentioned. Not sure which one existed first but in the german and the english language there are many words that are similar and who developed from each other. Sour is pretty similar to the german verb sauer. Bitter is also a german verb that is the same in english. bye Eg