The Corroboree
∂an

smoking DMT in a dream

I see this "taking a drug in dream" thread over and over on various forums and throughout time... it's like a meme of the drug culture.

Well, we do keep having these dreams :blush: Just because something is an experience we have in common, that doesn't make it a 'meme'.

Back OT - I dreamt that my friends & I were in a swamp trying to catch special green dragonflys because those were the ones with the DMT in them and special blue ones for potentation :lol: .

Other than that, I mainly dream about smoking cigarettes, something I quit about 9 yrs ago.

Back OT - I dreamt that my friends & I were in a swamp trying to catch special green dragonflys because those were the ones with the DMT in them and special blue ones for potentation :lol: .

I'll never look at a dragonfly the same again.

Last night I dreamed I was trying to procure some Harmala for a child with ADD. I did manage to get some and I smoked some in the dream and it seemed to give me a feeling of euphoria for a while until the dream changed setting.

I don't think Harmala can be used to treat ADD, at least I've never heard of it being used that way.

I had been reading about Gotu Kola and it's many uses (including ADD treatment) yesterday and I've also been reading about Syrian Rue, somehow my subconscious mind must have blended the two together and produced the dream I had.

Either that or I have shamanistic abilities that I haven't been using - haha

I've been having some really cool dreams since I started taking Gotu Kola and I can remember them better too- They say it opens the crown chakra or some crap like that, a lot of eastern mystics swear by it.

Edited by Magicdirt

*giggles like a littl schoolgirl* i dont even know why i'm posting this in here, i just need to tell someone who'd appreciate my victory, i managed to get salvia 20x extract sent over ^_^ i was stressin sooooo much that i'd get in heaps of shit for having it. but i didnt do my research till after i brought it. but it arrived in the mail today!! im so effin stoked!! haha, time to enter the magical world of salvia that i've heard so much about :)

I see this "taking a drug in dream" thread over and over on various forums and throughout time... it's like a meme of the drug culture.

If the thoughtform has in fact accrued enough energy to develop into

godform or meme status,

and having formed as organically, and chaotically as it has..

then I propose we begin more clearly engineering the possibility

through directed ritual tripping

and get this concept to the point of a vividly created psychedelic space

that one can visit on the astral or hypnogogic or psychoactive dimension

and then Imagine just being able to lucid dream-walk up to a counter where any and every imaginable sacrament

was available for dream sample :drool2:

Edited by mud
  • Like 2

If the thoughtform has in fact accrued enough energy to develop into

godform or meme status,

and having formed as organically, and chaotically as it has..

then I propose we begin more clearly engineering the possibility

through directed ritual tripping

and get this concept to the point of a vividly created psychedelic space

that one can visit on the astral or hypnogogic or psychoactive dimension

and then Imagine just being able to lucid dream-walk up to a counter where any and every imaginable sacrament

was available for dream sample :drool2:

so how do we go about engineering this possibility? (EDIT: I see your answer is 'directed ritual tripping' – care to elaborate?) psychedlic experiences are perhaps merely the desire for such a possibility will crystallise it out of the historical process.

this reminds me of mckenna's axiom "what would you do if you could do anything?". although he had other answers, one that springs to mind is – initiate psychedelic experiences endogenously, of course! as this would not require us maintaining the intimate relationship with nature it currently requires (knowledge and care for the psychoactive plants), I think endogenous psychedelic experiences would require us to be in direct connection with Gaia or whatever you want to call the collective organic matrix. In the dream state perhaps we are actually in the realm of the Gaian mind, and this allows the psychedelic experience to manifest spontaneously.

I see the current state of humanity as the come-down from an collective psychedelic trip that we experienced between 200,000 and 10,000 years ago. just like after a trip you try and make sense of your experience, image it via art and integrate it into your life, humanity is attempting to do the same vis a vis our partnership with the goddess. history is the attempt to image the transcendental beauty experienced in the ecstasy of the tryptamine trance. this physical, atom based existence is but a prelude to our future as a co-partner of Gaia in the spirit realm, where the psychedelic space is reality.

random ramblings...

Edited by kalika
  • Like 1

Cool, lots of similar dream experiences here, that are the same for me, interesting what superfly said about the falling in a dream and being scared and waking up, until you learn to let go, and just fall. I would always get falling dreams when I was very young, I soon found that if I didnt get scared and wake up, I never reached the bottom, I would fly and break through into amazing dimensions, where lucid/astral travel adventures would take place, sometimes I think I have more fun when I sleep than when I'm awake.

As for taking any DMT or whatever in a dream, I really can't recall taking anything, but I do have many dreams of coke,meth,mushies,weed, dreams like growing pot, or running through fields of it, one dream recently was a full night long dream of mushie hunting, very vivid, swear the dream went for the whole night, woke up just as tired as when I went to bed, wasn't complaing tho, really cool dream.

Also dreams of finding bags of crystals, or powder...haha...up until now I never really realised I never take anything in the dream.

After seeing the Spirit Molecule movie last night, I went home, fell straight asleep, and had my first DMT experience, and it was in the form of a dream! I was a little disappointed, I must admit. Somewhat underwhelming compared to what I've always imagined. But God knows how accurate my dream was... :scratchhead:

And this morning I come upon this thread!

After seeing the Spirit Molecule movie last night, I went home, fell straight asleep, and had my first DMT experience, and it was in the form of a dream! I was a little disappointed, I must admit. Somewhat underwhelming compared to what I've always imagined.

Continue seeking and you may well find that what you imagined is underwhelming compared to the experience you are facing.

Then again there must always be a first ........ someone who is not left in awe after returning from full immersion.

Don't let your constructed sense of control set you up for a major breakdown of everything you've ever held true.

Familiarity enables the opportunity for trust and with trust control is not taken but freely given.

Reality can be frightening when you are not the control center driving it forward.

Wish you luck in finding your way through the rift.

• Like 1

Thank you, rahli!

Terribly kind and thoughtful words.

Reality can be frightening when you are not the control center driving it forward.

^^^ so true. i sometimes think even god is frightened; are we not of god, and are we not frightened by the majesty of our experience?

It would seem to me that equilibrium and homeostasis

answer for most of what could be perpetually frightening. Those nerves, turned butterflies would have us know there's a fine line between chaotic ecstasy and fullblown unmanagable psychosis. Sometimes very thin.

---

so how do we go about engineering this possibility? (EDIT: I see your answer is 'directed ritual tripping' – care to elaborate?)

Well I can't speak for other trippers, but to me

much of the psychedelic experience is associated to 'place'

or space, aswell as time. Tweaking what appears to be

the 2 largest variables/abstracts of reality is what psychedelics

would seem to do.

Given that this postulate fits,

i'd suggest that we can't trip without participating in this different place.

I speak of 'directed ritual tripping' cos for me just taking the stuff

lost its juice. In wanting to understand what the allies were, I personally found

that theyre only a larger part- a lubricant, for the larger work. The larger work,

would be available to those who can muster to hold an intention, amidst the whirling seas

of madness and possibility.

I reckon we can build a psychedelic citadel..

much as the illuminati, or rosicrucians or golden dawn

as easily

as holding the will, and the intention.. while delving into psychedelic space.

Or even building as a group

some representation of what is expected or desired..

then get enough ppl to trip while anticipating their voyage to this place

and its sure as shit gonna happen.

Muchover, I dont care how things work- meaning is empty, and the real reasons for this or that are arbitrary. The trick is attaching enough crazy logic and belief to something

then using the allie to slip and slide your way to your desired outcome.

Is this making exciting sense yet?

Edited by mud
  • Like 1

hmm interesting stuff guys

i have neva smoked dmt in a dream let alone in real life but i have done acid in a dream many times before but i usually wake up before i strart tripping ill gett the floating feeling that you get after about 10 to 20 mins after you eat it but then i always wake up :(

It would seem to me that equilibrium and homeostasis

answer for most of what could be perpetually frightening. Those nerves, turned butterflies would have us know there's a fine line between chaotic ecstasy and fullblown unmanagable psychosis. Sometimes very thin.

---

Well I can't speak for other trippers, but to me

much of the psychedelic experience is associated to 'place'

or space, aswell as time. Tweaking what appears to be

the 2 largest variables/abstracts of reality is what psychedelics

would seem to do.

Given that this postulate fits,

i'd suggest that we can't trip without participating in this different place.

I speak of 'directed ritual tripping' cos for me just taking the stuff

lost its juice. In wanting to understand what the allies were, I personally found

that theyre only a larger part- a lubricant, for the larger work. The larger work,

would be available to those who can muster to hold an intention, amidst the whirling seas

of madness and possibility.

I reckon we can build a psychedelic citadel..

much as the illuminati, or rosicrucians or golden dawn

as easily

as holding the will, and the intention.. while delving into psychedelic space.

Or even building as a group

some representation of what is expected or desired..

then get enough ppl to trip while anticipating their voyage to this place

and its sure as shit gonna happen.

Muchover, I dont care how things work- meaning is empty, and the real reasons for this or that are arbitrary. The trick is attaching enough crazy logic and belief to something

Is this making exciting sense yet?

Interesting post

A Rosicrucian technique involving group meditation with a common focus was said to trigger shared dreams from the meditation group.

I wonder how the same technique would go with DMT as a catalyst ?

I guess this is the traditional shamanic healing (or sorcery attack) approach, where the psychedelic space is used as a means to an ends. but it seems to me the psychedelic space is dynamic and its purpose is no longer what it used to be in traditional societies. for me at least, a contemporary approach appears to be entering into the psychedelic space with an open mind and attempting to discover what lies behind the veil, and encountering that in the form it so chooses.... this seems to be the antithesis of the shamanic approach as the intention is no longer on manifesting outcomes in this world, but experiencing an authentic encounter with the other. it just feels to me that we are progressing to the point where the barriers between the two worlds will eventually dissolve... perhaps spontaneous psychedelic experiences are a foreshadowing of this.

Interesting post

A Rosicrucian technique involving group meditation with a common focus was said to trigger shared dreams from the meditation group.

I wonder how the same technique would go with DMT as a catalyst ?

This may be what you are looking for -

Synchronised Hyperspace Event

... a contemporary approach appears to be entering into the psychedelic space with an open mind and attempting to discover what lies behind the veil, and encountering that in the form it so chooses.... this seems to be the antithesis of the shamanic approach as the intention is no longer on manifesting outcomes in this world, but experiencing an authentic encounter with the other. it just feels to me that we are progressing to the point where the barriers between the two worlds will eventually dissolve... perhaps spontaneous psychedelic experiences are a foreshadowing of this.

Good talk.

Yep shamans got purpose, new dabblers get high :puke:

It's all nonsense to me anyway- difference, distinction.. self/other..

when the shroom opens the intersection to superspace or lucy links mind to metaframe or cactus brings the loving guidance of the ancestors

I realize its all just bullshit. It makes me wanna get real practical- to have such arbitrary, fluff filled illusion pose as profound awakening. When really, the profundity just is. We just are. Here and now. And its fkn rad.

If im gonna play in the sand,

im at least gonna make a mad ass sandcastle.

As a catalyst it feels to me like the allie is helping to produce a different quality vibration in a slightly different space. The same 'space' exists whenever I trip- its one I can visit even now when you think about tripping, and its what flashbacks are made of.

thing is, I kind of want the end to be the means. I want the psychedelic space/mansion of rooms to be very lucidly available.

• Like 2

When really, the profundity just is. We just are. Here and now. And its fkn rad.

If im gonna play in the sand,

im at least gonna make a mad ass sandcastle.

well said – magic is everywhere.

• Like 1

best thread I've read in a while!

I'm really appreciating all the wisdom and free thought here, will carry it with me the next time i meet dimitri, the fungus aliens, or sally d, whether here or there.

thanks especially kalika, rahli, mud.

see you there,

have a good one

ss

Hi all.

I have not smoked DMT in a dream that i can recall, but my waking life experience with it is minimal and un-inspiring (so far..) so i would not expect to.

I have had or chased other things that feature in my life more; pills, burnable, acid, shrooms, alcohol, weed etc.

Had many, many shroom hunting dreams, and have hunted in waking life many times also. Have had a few nice trips in dreams, but nothing lucid or very profound or long-lasting.

After i quit weed, for many months afterwards i would have occasional dreams of smoking again, and am now finding the same story after stopping any alcohol use.

I keep a dream journal, but most mornings have little or no recall. Years of smoking and drinking have done a lot to block my memory of them, but i realise that there are things i can do to improve this again.

It's interesting that the simple thoughts and actions of writing these few lines on this topic can be enough to trigger both a DMT dream and the recall of it in the morning, and that reinforcing these thoughts as intentions once or twice more throughout the day will almost guarantee that it becomes so.

I have only recently dabbled (very lightly, like a toe in the water so to speak) in setting intentions and found it to be extremely effective.

Cheers

funny you should mention this,

the other night i had a dream/hypnogogia which was quite interesting,

I was walking though a forest/garden of some sort, with a "group" of three (it was just a group in concept, there was really only me),

we came to a wall of a garden where there were these inhabitants who were the guardians (they were a type of family) of the area beyond, we requested to travel over the wall, and they went to ask the central guardian if it was OK. the "father"/central guardian appeared and was like a multicoloured metallic chrysanthemum type being, who asked "you want to pass eh?" somewhat condescendingly/mockingly. He then began to spin wildly and the multicoloured fractal fireworks began to spin from between the petals, getting bigger and bigger and encompassing my field of vision. this is where I became aware of my dream, and things got incredibly vivid. a strawberry begins to grow in my field of vision, and the red fruit begins to multiple like cells. the central strawberry kind of melts and becomes a brown/grey type thing and the father spins through bringing with it the fractal fireworks which totally engulf me. I open my eyes and I'm lying in bed and the fractals persist and are filling up my room/field of vision. the mean while a maraca type sound begins to materialise and get louder and louder, it gets really loud. at the same time these cricket sounds begin to materialise and I'm being deafened by these sounds now. when they are as loud as can be these nymph like voices speak in some mumbling language, seeming to mock me. then some people start entering my room and I'm freaking out because I thought I locked my door but theres people in my room and I'm afraid. after this light and sound show continues for a while I'm freaking out a bit and shake the dream off, and I'm lying not peacefully in my bed and everythings normal. I get up to check my door and find I did lock it, I was just freaking out.

i should say after i went back to sleep the same strawberry began to grow and dissolve again in the same hyper vivid manner but i woke up when i realised what was happening.

i should say after i went back to sleep the same strawberry began to grow and dissolve again in the same hyper vivid manner but i woke up when i realised what was happening.

Just read this and thought of your post -

Generally speaking, one has to distance oneself and not be attracted to the dull lights as they lead one to a rebirth in a lower world. Conversely, bright coloured-lights lead us to a more fortunate rebirth in the spiritual worlds. When encountered, therefore, one has to abide in the dazzling coloured-lights and allow them to guide one to a higher state. Detlef Lauf in the Secret Doctrines of the Book of the Dead, tells us what would occur if we were to be attracted to dull lights:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/the-metaphysical-view-of-death-and-life-after-death-part-8.html

cheers, i'll read that over coffee in the morning,,

I once dreamt I was in the desert on something my friends were calling "power acid" and it was fantastic, when I woke up I couldn't accept that power acid wasn't a real thing, I didn't have the full experience of tripping whilst in the dream but did get a real sense of having fun on a strange drug.

I wish power acid really existed.