The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Carpenter Ants and Fossilized Mind Control

I saw fungi like this on a david attenborough doco. Take over the nervous system and then erupt out of the head with a spore releasing shaft!

Reminds me of that x-files episode where people were going crazy and then had shit fly out their mouths releasing spores... I get the impression they stole the idea from nature...

Yeah someone Ralbathzar? put those in the youtube section, so I had just seen the david attenborough one when I saw this. Imagine if this shit happened to humans, like one of your friends is taken over by a parasitic fungus and suddenly has the urge to seek out deep dark places.

there is apparently a horror movie called 'mushroom people ' about people who eat mushrooms then turn into them....

t s t .

apparently the ants,ant spirits are respected as powerfull, the shaman says he cant understand the ants even after decades of aya ceremonies ??

are carpenter ants similar to leaf cutter ants ??

wow... don't let the government get hold of that fungus... holy shit... un believable... out of this world...

That reminds me of the time on Futurama when Fry ate something from a vending machine at a truck stop that was infested with worms.

The worms took over his brain and turned him into a genius.

Maybe Mcdonalds has isolated a strain of fungus that invades peoples brains and makes them keep coming back to eat garbage.

Yeah someone Ralbathzar? put those in the youtube section, so I had just seen the david attenborough one when I saw this. Imagine if this shit happened to humans, like one of your friends is taken over by a parasitic fungus and suddenly has the urge to seek out deep dark places.

Yeah, I posted the clip. The fungus is cortyceps... I have very strange kind of respect for these guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps

BTW rabaelthazar, i find your lizard picture extremely annoying (in a lol kinda way), not because of the character but because the handlebars are completely disconnected from the chair with wheels. And even if the handlebars were connected to the seat it would be the most useless form of transport ever. Those two fukin wheels under the lizards seat annoy me the most, and the look on that stupid lizards face, ahh. Oh and the underarm hair and the back wings, which may be a bag. Those two fukin wheels under the seat really piss me off, it cant be like that. lol

The octopus is nice thoguh.

Maybe Mcdonalds has isolated a strain of fungus that invades peoples brains and makes them keep coming back to eat garbage.

Its Called Msg :P

@ Wiki

It was once made predominantly from wheat gluten, but is now made mostly from bacterial fermentation

Fucking Cheese Burgers Turn Into Liquid In Your Stomache... Leave me Needin 5 Of em ;P

BTW rabaelthazar, i find your lizard picture extremely annoying (in a lol kinda way), not because of the character but because the handlebars are completely disconnected from the chair with wheels. And even if the handlebars were connected to the seat it would be the most useless form of transport ever. Those two fukin wheels under the lizards seat annoy me the most, and the look on that stupid lizards face, ahh. Oh and the underarm hair and the back wings, which may be a bag. Those two fukin wheels under the seat really piss me off, it cant be like that. lol

Ha ha ha. I've travelled the universe in this contraption, I can vouch for its effectiveness as a mode of transport. :lol:

lmao

what reflections said

i'd also like to add that the dainty way that the lizard is gripping the handlebars, is annoying. to me. lol a truly bizarre little drawing.

i forget where i read this one, but there are similar mind control strategies in nature. i think this one went exactly like this but details may vary. a wasp stings a caterpillar which becomes a rooted-to-the-spot zombie, it's only purpose now is to rabidly thrash towards any movement. the wasp lays its eggs nearby and the caterpillar helps to fend off any would-be egg-eaters.

Did a youtube search after reading your post, Thunderideal, and found this.

Also, this was a goodie

... and apologies to anyone else who finds my ancient fresco annoying. Blame the original inhabitants of my neck of the woods.

also the handlebars are like a headless jester, being pushed around on the axle of a wheel that simply cannot be described as round.

show us more of your mind-boggling frescos. i'd like to see your avatar enlarged, i think it was posted somewhere...

I think this must have been a tribal elder... that bird, I don't know.... his familiar?

man.jpg

And here's the octopus, possibly an extinct creature that used to be native to these parts

octopus2.jpg

Oh, and one more... I stumbled across this one about a year ago... my interpretation (and of course it's only guess work) is that it's a ceremonial painting done by the natives while undergoing a shamanic ritual. Clearly the natives motor skills were not at peak.

AlienSeedpods.jpg

Edited by Rabaelthazar